Page 96 of 100 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 96

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    This is the day after and guess how many dogs are really active around my house today? Not a single one!! They've been crashed on the couch all day except for when I was outside spreading grass seed in a downpour. They were awake long enough to make sure I came back in and promptly went back to sleep. A tired dog is a happy dog but three tired dogs makes for a really happy Mama!!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

The scale hasn't done much of anything lately except tattle on me when I eat wheat or dairy. The pants, however, are definitely looser and I look way leaner overall. One of these days I hope to report that all my pants are way too loose and I have none on reserve.

Dinner tonight was tilapia with a lemon pepper baste and honey basil carrots. I am pleasantly full.

Today is all about buttercups. Lots and lots of buttercups. My plan is to dig up as many as possible today and see how many different ways my muscles work. Lots of squatting happening, using my legs to stand back up, my back and arm muscles emptying the bucket into the yard cart...........love productive exercise! We'll be going on another camping trip next week so I am working hard every day, rain or shine so I can say I have earned the right to kick back and not worry about what I could be getting done if I were home. Back to the same campground we were at last time so I'll be getting lots of walking in trying to wear out the bums. Don't get me wrong, that is actually my favorite part about camping. That and the really tasty Primal food. So glad I put my foot down about junk food on camping trips.

The nice thing about journaling is that essentially I am talking to myself. Reading back over what I have written gives me a good indicator of past frustrations, past successes and an idea of where to head next. I can look back and say "oh, right. I forgot that I had a problem with corn before". "Forgot that wearing sloppy clothes makes me feel like a slob." It's all good.

It has taken almost two years to hit 96 pages. How much longer to hit 100 pages? When I do I think I will retire this journal and start a new one as I am no longer where I was two years ago. Different me, different things need to happen..........I hope I'll be joined on that new journal by people who have followed me on this one.

So lets talk friendship for a moment. Why is it that I always end up with friendships of convenience? Why am I the only one making an effort to keep these friendships going? Are they truly friendships or am I just wishing they were? Gets mighty lonely when the only true friend I have is my spouse. Oh, don't get me wrong, that is truly a good thing but I need lady friends to balance it out. They don't even have to share my interests but just like me for who I am the way I am. I keep trying.............

Took another three hour ramble in the hills and it was delightful. Overcast and cool so no one overheated and we didn't drain all the water bottles. It poured yesterday so the puddles kept the dogs happy and the out-and-about kept me happy as well. Sunday will see me back in the hills with one dog (I get to go further that way) and Monday through Thursday we'll be camping. At least 20 miles of walking those days. I am so looking forward to it!

Trying a new recipe for banana blackberry muffins using coconut flour. Maybe they'll just be banana muffins as I really like my blackberries with goat milk yogurt these days.

Paleo Banana Blackberry Muffins | Cook Eat Paleo

Oh, this is such a moist, tasty recipe. My picky hubby has declared it to be a keeper! I never did find my muffin tins so this was in an 8 x 8 pan without blackberries. Definitely keeping this recipe.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I find reading back over my journal frustrating because I'm not where I was hoping to be by this time. Its good that you are finding it beneficial

As for friendships.......... I have to say the same. I have one life-long friend - we have been friends since we were in the 7th grade. We were college roommates and were in each others weddings. There were a few years that we lost touch - mainly due to living 500 miles apart - but we've always fallen right back into pace when we were able to see each other. Now - she is living in Korea on a 2 year contract teaching at an International School with her husband. We email or skyp when we can. Other than her - I have no one other than hubby. But I don't really feel the need for anyone other than hubby. Sometimes I would like to have women friends that I could call and feel comfortable saying......... "Lets get together". Sometimes its just hard to maintain friendships when peoples lives are so busy and full. I have found that my friendships as adult have all been situational friendships. We go to the same church, our kids are in the same karate class, we happen to be pursuing the same degree so we're in all the same classes.............. Or - the main one at this time of my life......... we're neighbors. Luckily I have awesome neighbors! True friendship is a rare gift. My husband is my first and foremost best friend, and he fulfills pretty much all my needs. If its something you really want, keep looking, but remember that true friendship happens all its own, and usually when you're not looking for it.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Now that I am not constantly bloated by dairy it is really easy to tell when a food doesn't agree with me. I had a half a roll last night and homemade pasta sauce and immediately bloated big time. Was it the roll or was it the tomatoes in the sauce? SO uncomfortable!
    Heading out on the camping trip today. I am really looking forward to just kicking back (when I am not taking the dogs on long walks to wear them out) and recharging my batteries for another round of planting and digging when we return.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Time to plant my own garden. The local orchard owner says she never plants here before the last week of May. That is good news for me - I thought I had missed my window for the year. Weather is cool again today - funny weather. Have fun, honeybuns!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Camping was wonderfully great. Took the dogs on the trails several times to keep them good and tired and it worked!

Spent yesterday running errands which took up most of the day. I was only going to do a little bit of weedeating when I got home but ended up doing that, climbing ladders and cutting off big tree branches, mowed the neighbors lawn, doing several loads of laundry..............felt good to accomplish something! Monday I am off to hike the mountain that is in my avatar picture with a friend who hasn't been there yet. The snow has mostly melted off the high peaks and the day is supposed to be glorious. I am working really hard today and tomorrow to earn my mountain time. By tonight the trailer will be ready for the next camping trip, I will have planted a couple dozen more plants, mowed MY lawn. Tomorrow? More of the same!

I love my life.

Page 96 of 100 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast