Page 94 of 100 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 94

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I took all three dogs out on a RPR this afternoon. DH is gone so I thought I'd wear them out a bit. Well, it worked. Reilly headed down a deep ravine and couldn't figure out how to get back up so Moose and Tabi ran to the bottom and back up multiple times trying to show him what to do. Everyone is deep, deep asleep and snoring and it is only 5:30pm!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

179.5. May I have a big Wahoo?? Officially 5 pounds less than presurgery weight. This has been such a long time coming. I won't bore you with further weight updates until I hit another milestone. So much less frustrated now.

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    I am reasonably certain that my contact prescription is no longer the right one, hence the headaches. Calling the eye doc today.
    I was right. My eyes were overcorrected. Went from a -3.25 to a -2.75. Doc was so impressed by that and how excellent the pressure in my eyes were that he asked me what I had done different. He'll be exploring MDA tonight!

tomi is offline Senior Member
    WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!

I'm so freakin' excited for you! Isn't it wonderful getting to a new decade? I briefly dipped into the 170's - made it to 177 for a few days - then bounced back into the 180's .............. been hanging here since February! I'm hoping my new plan will get things moving again. Staying strict for 15 days - then allowing a treat - another 15 days - then another treat. If it works I'll keep doing this until I get to goal weight. If it works really good - I'll keep it up for maintenance!

So, what does you diet consist of that has shown such great progress lately?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I really haven't changed much. Backed down on the alcohol and desserts but other than that I am not doing much different than I have been doing for 18 months. I think the hormonal issues are working themselves out and allowing my body to finally do what it should be doing.
    Wish I had a magic formula for you but I just plain don't.

Morning is usually a scramble with eggs, onions, mushrooms, spinach and sausage, two cups of black tea with coconut milk. Mid afternoon a snack like apple slices and cheese. Dinner is meat and yam or roasted carrots and potatoes. Nothing fancy.

It has been 1 1/2 months since I gave up coffee and dairy. Now a friend of mine who was never going to give up her coffee is thinking she will give it up because it is causing her stomach problems. I'm her cheerleader in all things Primal so She'll be able to do it.
    Last edited by honeybuns; 05-17-2013 at 06:41 PM.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Fantastic! Good job, Honeybuns! I'm so pleased for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Fantastic! Good job, Honeybuns! I'm so pleased for you.
    Oh, thank you, both of you, for being my cheering section. It feels great to be seeing anything happening.

I went through closets and drawers yesterday and filled two bags for Union Gospel Mission. I think I forgot to add the pants that are falling off of me. Start filling another bag, I guess. With DH out of town I can sneak one or two of his things in there.

I just realized that I don't cook from recipes much. I am more of a fly by the seat of my pants cook and I'm really good at it. I do, however, have a couple of Paleo cookbooks that I really should start making things from. It is just that I try to cook with what I have on hand rather than going to the store and getting what I need to make a recipe. Best think about changing that.

It was wonderful not having to cook while DH was gone. I grazed to my heart's content and was never feeling deprived. I am consistently dropping half a pound a day. Down two pounds in the last four days. I hope I didn't just jinx it, though.

Loving my afternoon snack of salami with goat cheese. four thin slices and I'm satisfied.

The four bigass trees I planted last year (or was it the year before?) are thriving. Worth the hard physical labor that went into planting them! Yay!

It is strange to see loose skin where I didn't even think of myself as carrying fat. I can see that the next step for me will be to start toning exercises, or exercises in general. I do get plenty of movement, plenty of heavy lifting and lots of walking but everything is general and nothing is targeted. Time to figure out planks, burpees, etc.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wow - congratulations, honeybuns!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Page 94 of 100 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast