Page 89 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 89

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I miss hiking with my buddy. I saw him yesterday and even on the new meds I doubt he'll ever be again what he was. Finding another hiking buddy will be difficult. Oh, I'll be able to find someone to hike with occasionally, but probably not someone who hikes exactly like I do. I made a promise to DH that I won't hike alone. I won't break that promise. Fewer trips to the mountains for sure. Logging road rambles will have to take up the slack.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the pictures!

IronGirl is offline Member
    WOW, your hiking pictures are truly amazing. DH and I are planning a move to Colorado to be in just such surroundings. I can't wait!!! And I want to be in shape to be able to enjoy it all!
    I feed my healthy cells and starve the rest.

Waist circumference:
    50(start)/40.5(current)/35>(goal)

Quote Originally Posted by IronGirl View Post
    WOW, your hiking pictures are truly amazing. DH and I are planning a move to Colorado to be in just such surroundings. I can't wait!!! And I want to be in shape to be able to enjoy it all!
    Truly passionate about the outdoors, are you? You'll love living where you have easy access to Nature's playground! It is by far the most fun I have had exercising EVER, and a very wonderful way to get into shape!

I know I've done this one before, but it is still a great picture. 6500' summit.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Hubby is heading off to Baton Rouge this week for work, but every blue moon he gets to go to Portland/Seattle and thereabouts. Next time he does that, I am SO going to tag along and look you up, and we can take a walk in that blessed piece of the US you live in!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

HeuristicFireFlower is offline Junior Member
    The pic in post 885 is fantastic!!! What a beautiful backdrop for your trail portrait.
    That is one thing I really enjoy, long hikes exploring and meandering on trails. Such a release of mental bonds away from stress and all things obligated. Just havn't quite got the nutrition and exertion synchronized, yet. :[
    One day, I want to visit and experience the states north of us all the way to Canada.
    honeybuns, You are, truly, fortunate to live surrounded by natural beauty. Keep on immersing in those wonderful scenes.

"If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..."
    I'm going to adopt this.

Just got back from a camping trip with all three dogs. As a trial run, this worked well. Reilly (88#) had never been camping before and Moose (97#) has only been twice. Tabi (58#) is a seasoned veteran. Not only did they keep from tangling themselves in their tieout cables, nighttime sleeping arrangements worked well. Our trailer is only 22' with no slides. Just a little close with two adults and three big dogs. The sofa became the dog bed for the duration with a dinette bench as a backup in case someone wanted an out. The good thing about this is that dogs need to be walked and entertained which got me plenty of exercise. The campground we were staying at has one of the camping areas closed off and it was ideal for walking the pups. Love that I came back lighter!

DH figures that it is the exercise that has caused a downward shift recently. I am testing that theory by getting back out into the woods on RPR's. I would love to have a pair of shorts that said "Watch This Space" right across the butt. On second thought, that might bring unwanted attention so I'll just keep thinking it in my head.

My clothes are fitting way different even though the scale has not changed much. If I ever get there, I have jeans and shorts ready in the next size down.

I'm starting to believe this is less about the food and exercise than it is about my hormones leveling out.

Back to pre-surgery weight FINALLY!!! 184.0 Now to see what all those tumors weighed.

Page 89 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast