Page 87 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 87

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    have you tried taking a lactaid pill with the dairy?
    It's worth a shot, isn't it? I know that Lactaid helps with digestive upset, but will it work on bloating??

Gained five pounds on the trip and have dropped four already. Noticeably more belly fat from eating crap off plan.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I think it will -- you can try it. Do you get gassy or crampy at all - or is it strictly bloat? If so, you might have a sensitivity to something else in the milk. I think I read somewhere that some people as sensitive to casein .............. I hope I'm not totally off with that but thats whats coming to mind. read this Are You Sensitive to Casein in Dairy and Don't Even Know It? / All Body Ecology Articles and see if anything sounds like what you experience.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Spring is here and with it comes an increase in outdoor exercise while getting things accomplished. Shoveling soil, emptying cart of said soil, rake and repeat. My arm and back muscles are shaping up nicely. So much so that when I looked in the mirror after my shower yesterday I was horrified to see that I had saggy back fat behind me. It is NOT attractive in the least. I wish I knew what it is going to take to be burning fat. I haven't found the right combination yet and still haven't gotten to my pre-surgery weight and it has been 18 months. Stalling is a bitch. I would feel differently about it if I had been not eating clean (although I can tighten up a little). You would think that with dropping the high calorie HWC I would have seen a difference. Expressing my frustration right now so bear with me.

Maybe you need to post a few typical days menu and let us pick it apart for you? Have you thought about trying the offer to have personal help through email with someone on Marks staff? I think he's calling it Personal Coaching. Might want to look into that. You certainly MOVE enough - and if your diet is "clean" the maybe you need to be tweaking the macros or maybe increasing calories a bit?

Do you track total calories and macros?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Every time I think I'll start tracking calories and macros my brain short circuits just thinking about it. Trying to figure out My Fitness Pal made it short circuit. Honestly, I think what I should do first is keep a food journal for a month and look at where I might be slipping up. Maybe I am not eating enough food for my activity level. I highly doubt that two Triscuits can cause a three pound weight gain. It is possible that in building muscle the scale is going up. I really should put on my patient hat.

Got a big outdoor project done today. Through weeding, raking, shoveling and wheelbarrowing I have completely eliminated a big planted mound in the backyard. I managed to rescue hundreds and hundreds of bulbs and got them all planted and can let tomorrow's rain take care of them while I play hooky for a couple of days.

Three weeks, no coffee and no wish for any. Wine is down from every night to once every couple of weeks.

Time to restart the RPR's, one dog at a time.

RPRs ?????

good job on the beating the coffee/wine demon! Extra bacon for you!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    run, puppy, run!

? ok - maybe I lost something in the translation.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Thanks, Sabine!!

Tomi, RPR's (or Run Puppy Run) is what happens when we head up into the hills for a few hours and spend time rambling in the ravines and following game trails. You didn't read all of my journal, did you? We started calling them RPR's because the dogs go banana crackers if I say HIKE. Either we spell H-I-K-E or say RPR, but they are starting to understand that, too!

Page 87 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast