Page 86 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 86

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Fourth day coffee free after forty years. I don't miss it at all. My tastes have changed enough that it no longer taasted good and I never could drink it without dairy. Now that I have confirmed dairy as being on my "do not go there" list it has been easy to switch to tea because that I can drink with nothing in it.

I knew that milk caused me problems and I now have confirmation that all dairy needs to go. I had a slight smattering of cottage cheese yesterday and a couple slices of cheese and the ensuing bloat was awful. Not just a touch of bloat. Eight months pregnant bloat. UGH.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post

And would you believe that I actually was bitten by a ladybug a couple weeks ago?! (They overwinter in a lot of folks' walls around these parts.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    !!!

Ladybugs have teeth?!
    There is an asian beetle that LOOKS a lot like a ladybug, but it DOES bite. If you look really, really closely, the head is slightly more separate from the body than a ladybug's.

We have a friend whose RV was totally infested with the asian type.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RaeVynn View Post
    There is an asian beetle that LOOKS a lot like a ladybug, but it DOES bite. If you look really, really closely, the head is slightly more separate from the body than a ladybug's.

We have a friend whose RV was totally infested with the asian type.
    Sounds right - my SIL told me that the bitey ladybugs were actually look-alikes, and not the real ladybug. I didn't really believe her - until the chomp.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

tomi is online now Senior Member
    OUCHY!

Yeah for breaking the coffee habit! Dairy is a nasty thing for a lot of people. I am 100% lactose intolerant - so I can't have milk without a Lactaid. Funny that cheese or sour cream or cream cheese don't bother me. Milk and ice cream/heavy cream I can't touch without the enzyme pills.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Every dairy product has caused me bloat so far. No wonder I have been continuously bloated. I will miss cheese, heavy cream...all the good stuff. Ah, Brie! Now a thing of the past. Oh, maybe once in a while I will decide to suffer and consume something tasty but is going to have to be worth the discomfort.

Heading out in the morning for a speed run to Oakland on Saturday and will wave to Tomi as I pass through Keizer. My friend is bringing her special fatfree, sugarfree muffins and diet sodas for us to share. I am bringing macadamia nuts, landjaeger and bacon to counteract it. At least I will not be hurting for protein.

Pray that all goes well between my friend and I. Last long trip we did together I didn't talk to her for two years afterwards.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Pray that all goes well between my friend and I. Last long trip we did together I didn't talk to her for two years afterwards.
    Confusion... How can she still be a friend when you were so put out that it took two years to get over the last road trip?? And what on earth did she do?! You are the friendliest of gals, honeybuns - it must have been a doozy, or a series of them, no less.

Totally sorry about the dairy thing - I ADORE my dairy. To live a life apart from Brie... aargh! But at least you finally have a major answer to the bloat thing - that was a long time in coming. Have a safe journey to Cali and back!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

I have returned! Thirteen hours of driving down, the Nosework trial went great! Her dog took first in containers, first in interiors and first overall with a search time of only 37 seconds for all four search elements (exterior, vehicle, container and interior). To say she was beyond pleased was understating it! Yesterday was a thirteen hour drive back to her house followed by another two hour drive back home. Tired, tired, tired but my hubby and dogs are really glad to have me back!

She is, I have decided, an arm's length friend. One of those that is happy to see me as long as I am the one making the effort to stay in touch. If it weren't for my 30 year old horse being boarded at her place I might just let the friendship die a natural death but as long as he is there I have to keep that link.

Food was less than stellar and my body is letting me know it. Back on track and it will taste so good!

Glad you're trip was successful - and safe Yes, we all have those "friends" who tend to be very room temperature on the affection scale. I have some that I could easily never see again. I just made plans to meet with an old friend from high school - we're having breakfast on Friday. I haven't seen him since 1979!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Tomi, when I reconnected with people I knew from high school it was difficult for me to match the picture in my brain with the person in front of me. In my mind they are still skinny and 17!

I had cottage cheese today, ever hopeful that I was mistaken about the dairy. Nope, not mistaken. Horribly bloated. UGH.

No coffee is going just fine. I do not miss it at all.

have you tried taking a lactaid pill with the dairy?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Page 86 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast