Page 84 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 84

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Not me - I am doing a perfect rendition of the perfect procrastinator. I really need to get to my outside stuff - if it would only STOP SNOWING, dammit! Of course, after the snow melts, then we will have sloppy-soggy mud season. Sigh. Pet the pooches for me!
    That does it, you need to move here. When we do get snow it doesn't stick around. So many flowers are blooming right now. Crocus and snowdrops are done, trilliums, daffodils and plum are blooming, rhododendrons are just starting.......whole different place here than you are used to. Did I mention that I've been mowing the lawn for a while now?
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    That does it, you need to move here. When we do get snow it doesn't stick around. So many flowers are blooming right now. Crocus and snowdrops are done, trilliums, daffodils and plum are blooming, rhododendrons are just starting.......whole different place here than you are used to. Did I mention that I've been mowing the lawn for a while now?
    Jealous. Green-as-your-grass jealous. I just watched a video about that landslide over on Whidbey Island, and everything is so beautifully, lusciously, GREEN. Because this area has shallow topsoil, we have to stay off of our grass for the whole wet, rainy period, or it dies. Seriously. You get these kind of footprint depressions, just like digging in permafrost in Alaska, that fill with water, and then the grass you stepped on dies. The white-tailed deer thrive here, just not English lawn.

I am reading a book on the natural features of the OLympic peninsula currently. I just happened to see it at the library, so that title got packed in.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

I love the Olympic Peninsula. There is such diversity that you would never tire of exploring. I'll give you a guided tour. If you won't explore with me, I'm sure that First would jump at the chance!

Yesterday we stopped at the feed store on our way home. The couple who own it are great and I've hiked with the wife a couple of times. Through the course of conversation she mentioned that she really wants to eat real food. I have turned her on to MDA and she was thrilled when I told her our experiences eating this way and how we'll never go back to how we had been eating. She'll be thrilled when she starts finding the positives including more energy for hiking and snowshoeing.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Preach it sister!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Today I expended way too much energy. I have been awake since three am, up since 3:45am and spent the day digging out ancient salmonberries with a pickaxe. The good news is that I do have the muscles to do it, which may be why the scale isn't changing much. Partway through the day I had to stop and fix a couple eggs with butter just for an energy boost and I am pleased to say it worked. I am so happy to have that behind me. I have been working on getting these 12 foot tall monsters out for five years now. Tomorrow I'll be planting shrubs and flowers in that area FINALLY. I am tired.

This week started with two full days of burn pile. I have scrapes and scratches all up and down my arms from blackberries and a burn on my abdomen where a burning stick snuck under my shirt. Just last night I kinda sorta found my kitchen that has been totally ignored all week while I have been accomplishing. Today and Tuesday are planting, Wednesday and Thursday are getting ready to be gone all weekend. If I don't have meals in the fridge for when I am gone DH will eat nothing but crap so I have some precooking to do. Maybe I should let him fend for himself so he will feel the after effects of what he eats. Why do grown men think they can eat like they did when they were teenagers?

Leaving Friday to head to Oakland CA with a friend for a nose work trial with her Golden Retriever. Twelve hours of driving in one day. Hope we don't kill each other. Same drive back on Monday. Wish us luck.
    Last edited by honeybuns; 03-31-2013 at 06:52 AM.

Only got the shrub planted yesterday which means today is bulb planting,hundreds of them. The rains return tomorrow.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Our first flower!

image.jpg
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

So pretty! I love the purity of the white crocus.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    My daffodiles and tulips are in full bloom already! I love it!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Page 84 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast