Page 83 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 83

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    I figured out that mass-market clothing rarely fits very well when my aunt gifted me with paying for the expense of having my wedding dress tailor-made. I chose a regular dress pattern (tailor lengthened it to floor-length) with a bolero jacket, and not a cream-puff typical wedding dress, so it was like tailoring a Sunday dress. I bought the pattern, fabric, notions and trim to my taste and the tailor then did the rest.

I had never been in the position of getting something made just for my bumps and curves and shape and all, and it was a revelation. Honeybuns, the biggest problem is in clothing made for fictitious averages, not you. Had I the money, all my clothing would be made this way!!!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I started sewing when I was four and Mom and Grandma started me right out on garments. No little-kid projects for me! Now that time is becoming more mine, I may experiment with making pants. I'm studying some great tutorials and am ready to learn how to fit a pattern. I just never wanted to take the time to make a muslin one first before the actual garment, but I now see where that would be extremely helpfu.When my brother got married in Manhattan I was one of the bridesmaids. I took my dress in to be tailored before the event and I am very glad I did. This was a hoity toity society wedding and my dress fit the best of all the attendants. Custom tailoring is worth EVERY penny!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

O...kay. Simple exercises are not so simple. Oh, they are simple movements but I can feel the muscles used this morning. Wall exercises are safer for me to do but when I did the floor exercises I discovered two things. One, I get my face washed by a couple of big dogs and two, not only do my carpets need cleaning but they could use a good deodorizing. Yuck.

Geez, I just realized that I am repeating myself. No excuse.

Last night, without thinking, I put cottage cheese on my plate. Scarfed it down before I went "well, duh, dairy". Yup, bloated this morning so dairy is definitely the culprit. Next thing to ditch? Coffee. I am so close to having it gone.
    Last edited by honeybuns; 03-22-2013 at 07:59 AM.

185.9 Definite downward trend. I'll take it.

Heading up into the hills with Tabi this morning. The boys will not be happy but trying to do three does not give me what I need. Tabi will stick close and we'll get our fix. Snow this morning!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    That would be hands as well as bra...........someone else's hands.
    This really is my favorite kind of bra.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    This really is my favorite kind of bra.
    Sabine........ you make me giggle!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Hands make a great bra alternative but just a little hard to explain while running errands!

Hubby used to hold them up for me back when I was breast feeding, in the mornings just after waking, as they were sooooo full and heavy that they hurt. He thought it was fun - I honestly appreciated it.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Two full days spent tending the burn pile. Lots of heavy lifting, lots of walking. I am (was) caught up on what has been laying around waiting for me to get to it. I say was because I cut a bunch more down yesterday. Today I need to kick back a bit and gear down.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Two full days spent tending the burn pile. Lots of heavy lifting, lots of walking. I am (was) caught up on what has been laying around waiting for me to get to it. I say was because I cut a bunch more down yesterday. Today I need to kick back a bit and gear down.
    Not me - I am doing a perfect rendition of the perfect procrastinator. I really need to get to my outside stuff - if it would only STOP SNOWING, dammit! Of course, after the snow melts, then we will have sloppy-soggy mud season. Sigh. Pet the pooches for me!

Page 83 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast