Page 82 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 82

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I gave myself a really good laugh this morning. I am just glad hubby was still in bed! I have upper body strength and do lots of heavy lifting without a problem. This morning I decided to see how many pushups I could do. Halfway down on the first one I just collapsed! Whole different set of muscles to do a pushup and they couldn't support the weight of my upper body! I was a bit surprised when all of the sudden I was face-to-face with the carpet!

I have a new AM plan. I get up at least two hours before hubby, 5am vs his 7am. I usually sit with the laptop for a couple hours with dogs asleep on either side of me. I came to the realization that I could do some workouts in that time frame, even if they are just as simple as stretching. Well, duh.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    hope you have a good trip and good weather - it can be sketchy this time of year - especially at the border of Oregon/Cali. Make sure you're carrying chains for the pass. Blankets, water, food......... you know the drill.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

I do not like shopping for clothing. Legs are really long, butt is much larger than it should be (right?), arms are long, feet are big AND wide............and trying on things gets discouraging. I am getting much better about what works with my body type. I did contribute two bags of clothes to the Union Gospel Mission today of things that I just didn't get right. The sad truth is that the fitting room tells all. Oh, sure, you can't see that the shirt isn't quite long enough but you can sure see the back fat, the muffin top, the saggy baggies.............denim fools me into believing that I am looking good, the fitting room mirror takes all that away. The only thing worse would be if they had a 3way. Given that I traumatized myself at Goodwill today, I am going to start thinking about how to tone up. Walking in the hills does my lower body just fine but does squat for the rest of it.

UGH........ I went bra shopping a couple days ago! After 15 tries I found a good fit and bought 2 of the same style in different colors. Nude and black! I'm so boring.

Why is it when they are trying to sell clothing they give you the most unflattering light in the dressing rooms? All that light coming from the ceiling is just going to make shadows beneath the rolls of fat and make them look even bigger and rollyer than they really are!!! I look so much better nekid in my bathroom then I do in those danged dressing rooms!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I hate dressing room lights! They are the worst. I've found that places like Nordstrom (the expensive stores) tend to have much nicer lighting though.

Commerical clothing is built to fit "average" sizes. Average doesn't mean that a majority of people are built that way! The clothing should fit you, not the other way around. Don't be so hard on yourself for the body that you have. I've learned recently that the old-school big name brands tend to have much better fits than most. Levi's have lots of style with plenty of butt coverage and no muffin tops. Lots of jeans have L inseams too, making them 34" instead of the usual 32".

As to push-ups, I can definitely relate to that! I started with assisted push-ups (on my knees) and got up to 40 of those in a work-out (3-4 sets), then tried regular ones again. I guess that worked the muscles enough that I can go most of the way down now and do about 5 at a time (can do 10+ kneeling push-ups)! I usually do a set, stretch for a minute or clean up the apartment for a minute, do another set, make the bed, do another set etc.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

The problem with most jeans and pants is that a 34" inseam is too short for me. I can sneak by with a 35" but a 36" is ideal for wearing with flats. I'm only 5'10"! Obviously I am mostly legs. I was looking yesterday at tall women clothes websites and the clothes can be freakin' expensive! $200 for a pair of jeans? Not on the planet I come from!

Due to my pushup failure, I have been researching easy wall and floor exercises. Once I master those I'll move up. Some of them seem like they aren't doing anything but I woke up with some sore muscles today! I can do most of them while DH is still asleep, but when I try the floor exercises I have two big dogs washing my face!

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I hate dressing room lights! They are the worst. I've found that places like Nordstrom (the expensive stores) tend to have much nicer lighting though.

Commerical clothing is built to fit "average" sizes. Average doesn't mean that a majority of people are built that way! The clothing should fit you, not the other way around. Don't be so hard on yourself for the body that you have. I've learned recently that the old-school big name brands tend to have much better fits than most. Levi's have lots of style with plenty of butt coverage and no muffin tops. Lots of jeans have L inseams too, making them 34" instead of the usual 32".

As to push-ups, I can definitely relate to that! I started with assisted push-ups (on my knees) and got up to 40 of those in a work-out (3-4 sets), then tried regular ones again. I guess that worked the muscles enough that I can go most of the way down now and do about 5 at a time (can do 10+ kneeling push-ups)! I usually do a set, stretch for a minute or clean up the apartment for a minute, do another set, make the bed, do another set etc.
    HAHAHA!!! after reading the first paragraph about clothing --- I went into the second paragraph thinking "push-up bra" ......... and I couldn't figure out what an assisted push up bra could be!!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

That would be hands as well as bra...........someone else's hands.
    Last edited by honeybuns; 03-21-2013 at 04:16 PM.

I tried some exercises that looked fairly simple to work on the back fat area. LOOK simple. Three sets of 20. Well.......after ten I had to quit. I will be working up to the count on these as they are harder than they look!

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    That would be hands as well as bra...........someone else's hands.
    exactly!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

Page 82 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast