Page 81 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 81

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Still haven't figured out the multi quote thing.

Sabine, what made it exercise having this young lady over is that she insisted on going outside with my dogs and then insisted on being on the ground. Moose (97lbs) and Reilly (80lbs) love to play the chase-me game outside and NOTHING is safe. I spent more time keeping her out of harms way. Tabi (56lbs) was just at the right height to be face washing a lot.

RaeVynn, I am so envious! The Quinault is one of my very favorite areas. Would you like to go on a mild ramble with me sometime? Anywhere. Your choice. I hadn't heard of the Harbor Harriers. I'll have to check them out. Thanks!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Now that the scale isn't holding steady, I hope to see more progress as the season gets going. I have a lot of property clean up to do next door which involves hauling lots of big branches to the burn pile. Once that gets going it is an all day activity to keep it burning well and as it is I am hauling even more stuff to it. Once that is done I have a lot more cutting to do, especially since we'll be fencing the back line this year. There are at least four brick laying projects ahead of me and those things aren't light. So, daily exercise is not a problem. I'll have to get into the hills just to restore my mental wellbeing.

Ditching the dairy was the right thing to do. My sinuses have never felt better, my constant bloat is much better. I'll be dropping coffee in April as it doesn't even taste good to me any more. I hope to get back to my pre-surgery weight before summer.

This is the year for change, positive change.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    You told me before your camping trip.
    oh! duh...............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Change is good! and Positive Change is extra good! Congrats on the weight loss!

I got up this morning feeling less bloat and thinner through the middle - but alas, stepped on the scale and I've gone up a pound! Damn thing!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Tomi, don't EVER trust your scale not to lie. The only way I can handle the ups and downs any more is to look at them as data points. I was up two pounds this morning. Why? Grain and dairy bloat. It will come back down, especially with the soil shoveling I have been doing today.

I'm starting to realize that my scale should be viewed as ONLY an estimation. The doctors scale weighed me (fully clothed, less shoes) exactly what my home scales weighed me buck nekid! So there ya go!

Keep shoveling! I'll be doing that soon as well - we have just had a tree cut down so we put in a raised bed veggie garden! Plus, the lawn mower is getting a tune up and a new blade so once I get that back - I'll be mowing the grass every 3 days! This time of year is good for the movement!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Yup! Today is hopefully burn pile day, if not, bending over replanting bulbs day or shoveling more dirt day. Heck, even just lifting up the bag of pellets works my abdomen, arms and belly!

The two pound increase in weight is gone again. Definitely bloat related.

I am going on a roadtrip with a friend the first part of April. She is taking her Golden Retriever to a Nosework trial in California so we have at least twelve hours of driving ahead of us. While she is eating healthier than she was, she is planning on making her fat-free, sugar free muffins to bring along. I may just have to make lemon blueberry muffins with almond flour to bring along as she is doing the low carb, low calorie, LOW FAT thing. I am doing the SEE FOOD thing and it had better have fat. This could be interesting.

I am an avid reader. Always have been, always will be. This week has been very sad as I have a crazy amount of energy and cannot sit still long enough to read! This has never happened and DH wanted to know what I had done with his wife!

I love mowing the yard with a push mower. It is a great exercise and you get a better cut than you can with a riding mower.

My adventures continue!

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Hey, honeybuns.... when I road-tripped with a friend a few years ago, I was a solid vegan, and he has some digestive issues and basically ate meat only...

It worked. We would stop at grocery stores, he would get a package of deli sliced (to order) roast beef, and eat it while we drove, while I was eating grain-based crap. You might think about fruit, fresh veggies (maybe pick up one of those pre-cut veggie trays to share along the way. She can't hate veggies, right?), and precooked bacon.

MMMMM -- BACON! YES on that one! When are you going? When you see the sign on I-5 that says KEIZER --- wave at me!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Oh, YES!! Bacon is a must!! If I were doing dairy I could bring string cheese......

We are traveling down on April 5th or 6th, whichever is the Saturday, doing the trial on Sunday and driving back on Monday. I will be sure to wave both directions!

Page 81 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast