Page 80 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 80

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Salem area? More than likely!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    how'd you guess?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

RestlessLegs is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Okay, I checked out meetup.com and there is a totally awesome hiking group about 50 miles away. Not only have they been active since 2006, they have almost 1000 members and do some really great hikes. The down side is that their hikes fill up VERY quickly. All the ones between now and September are booked solid with waiting lists! I have just started exploring, though, so thee may be something to the south of me that won't be as popular. Thanks for the tip!

Off to check for groups in the other areas of my interests!
    Wow - you must have some really awesome hiking groups, for them to fill up that quickly. Some of ours have waiting lists, so if something sounds like fun, you could try to get on the list.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my hiking groups and have met the best people. And, yes, Tomi - I hope you try it also. It is such fun.

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    how'd you guess?
    You told me before your camping trip.

FINALLY the weight is going down again. Very slowly, but downward. The conclusion? I have not been eating enough. The only thing that has changed in the last week was eating desserts every night. More calories. Yes, I want to break that habit. DH was raised with desserts, I wasn't. I would rather have my calories with good food. It would be nice to brush my teeth after dinner and be done with it instead of eating dessert, falling asleep in the recliner and stumbling to bed. How to up the calories? Well, there is always the BAS, but sometimes I just don't feel like cold lettuce. Larger quantities? My breakfast couldn't get much bigger. Bigger dinner? I've not ever eaten much at night, morning is my time. Looks like I might have to consider adding a mid-day meal/snack back into the rotation. What I seriously need to do is journal my food and look for the commonalities.

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Apparently, you need dessert. Are they rather high fat desserts? Maybe you can up the fat elsewhere to balance it.

I honestly don't know what has caused the drop. I am down yet another pound. I don't feel the need to have dessert every night but he does so I am going to come up with something he can eat by himself. Individual pies rather than a whole one?

186.4. The downward trend continues.

Just spent a few hours with my two year old great niece. What a dynamo! I am exhausted.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Remember that study where they had college athletes do all the things that a two-year old did in the course of a day? Not one of them could complete it- it was too exhausting.

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Have you checked into the Harbor Harriers? I think that's what the local hiking club calls themselves. I see they have an occasional calendar in the daily world.

Thought about your rambles yesterday - we were up at Quinault, doing some trails. we are slow, but we have fun.

Page 80 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast