Page 79 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 79

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I woke up yesterday morning with only about 10% hearing in my left ear. Strange feeling. Every time one of the dogs barked it was painful. I wasn't worth much most of the day, felt really poorly. GREAT. I DO NOT need to be sick. Especially not being able to hear clearly. About 2pm I started feeling much, much better and I could hear again! My food consumption was off course but I had decided to just listen to my body. Started the day with two eggs, followed by a chocolate "milkshake" (frozen banana, coconut milk ice cream, chocolate and vanilla almond milks). Pot roast soup for lunch, cheese in the afternoon. Hamburger soup for dinner followed by blackberries with creme fraiche sprinkled with coconut sugar. This is way more food than I usually consume, way more and something made me really gassy. Watch the darn scale go down.

Thought of Sabine yesterday when I finished sewing a pair of pj pants that I started two years ago. Gave me the itch to sew a few more soon. To bring down my fabric stash, I've been finding shirts at Goodwill that coordinate with particular fabrics and sewing pj pants to match them. Not only do I have a unique ensemble that no one else has but it fits me. The pants are actually long enough for my really long legs. I'm stylin'!

More heavy work for me this week. I need to get the bricks laid so the pot can have its permanent home, I need to empty the greenhouse of all plant material that isn't crop related, I have several plants that have to go in the ground and lots of debris for the burn pile. We're talking large branches here. Once I have the right kind of weather I can get that pile touched off and the property cleaned up.

I need a girl day.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    To bring down my fabric stash, I've been finding shirts at Goodwill that coordinate with particular fabrics and sewing pj pants to match them. Not only do I have a unique ensemble that no one else has but it fits me. The pants are actually long enough for my really long legs. I'm stylin'!
    This is a great idea!

We were both sewing yesterday. I made a bag out of an old mini quilt I started years ago, and the trimming from Littlest's bedroom curtains. It holds my dvd player, and all the attendant cords(in little pockets). The corners are a little hinky, as I was making it up as I went, but it looks pretty good, I think. But most important, it is DONE, so I can enjoy it, instead of it just sitting in a box in the garage.

Awesome job on the DVD player bag, and how cool that you could repurpose another project to make it!

Now I get to figure out what to make with hundreds of charm squares that I've had for 15 or more years. Scrap quilt? I really enjoy sewing garments more than I do quilting because I can only make just so many quilts before I am overloaded. I've put a moratorium on fabric purchasing until I use up some of this stash. I do go to the fabric store and drool a lot, though, and dream of the day where I will let myself shop with abandon.

You would think I would have learned by now that if I try to wear pants that are a bit too tight that it just makes me feel like a hopeless loser about my body. Why do I keep doing this to myself?? When I wear slightly loose pants I feel wonderfully, incredibly thin. When they are tight, especially in the waist, I just feel like the Hindenburg. I refer to them as the denim girdle. Oh, it would probably help if I got rid of the high waisted ones. Since my ribs sit less than an inch above my hipbones it can get pretty uncomfortable. Just too frugal, I guess, and I very rarely find pants that are long enough at the thrift stores. 35" to 36" inseam is perfect but I still have to wear flats with them.

Almond milk has been helpful in getting me off of cow's milk, but once I give up coffee I think I'll stick with the canned coconut milk for my tea. Much higher fat content and not a bunch of other ingredients that I don't need. If DH can successfully transition off the cow's milk onto almond milk then it can stay. If not, it goes.

Did nine dehydrator trays of veggies yesterday.Carrots, onions, peppers, tomatoes and celery. Love having these on hand, especially for crockpot cooking.

I need an adventure. A way up in the mountains adventure. My hiking buddy has been diagnosed with a seizure disorder with possible temperal lobe damage. I don't know that we'll ever be able to do our epic rambles again. I have promised DH that I won't hike alone, but finding someone to hike the way I do is hard, especially since my buddy and I were perfectly matched. Guess I'll learn to be content with the RPR's. I might try taking one dog at a time instead of all three. Worth a try to see how it works. Gets me up in the hills far more frequently, too.

Have a wonderful day, everyone. I intend to.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Ooo I have that hip & rib issue too. If I'm not sitting straight enough and I sneeze, my ribs hit my hips and it's rather painful. I have lots of low-waisted pants, since that's been the style in the Juniors departments for a while. Women's sizes fit me better now, but I'm having a hard time getting used to how the higher waist (not even that high, doesn't go as high as my belly button) look on me. Makes me feel old .

Is DH also going dairy-free?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

RestlessLegs is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post

I need an adventure. A way up in the mountains adventure. My hiking buddy has been diagnosed with a seizure disorder with possible temperal lobe damage. I don't know that we'll ever be able to do our epic rambles again. I have promised DH that I won't hike alone, but finding someone to hike the way I do is hard, especially since my buddy and I were perfectly matched. Guess I'll learn to be content with the RPR's. I might try taking one dog at a time instead of all three. Worth a try to see how it works. Gets me up in the hills far more frequently, too.

Have a wonderful day, everyone. I intend to.
    Hi Honeybuns,

I, too, love hiking and have found MANY hiking groups in my area, through meetup.com - you may want to check that out in your area. Since belonging to so many groups, I have increased my hiking level from beginner/intermediate to some advanced peak bagging. Just a suggestion.

Happy hiking.
    Cheryl

DH is toying with the idea of going dairy free. The issue right now is whether it was almond milk or a new medicine that caused diarrhea. He did have to admit that when he decreased his milk consumption that his sinuses started clearing up.

Cheryl, thanks for your suggestion. It's a good one. I think you mentioned it before and with our kitchen remodel I let it slip through the cracks. I'll go check out meetup.com right now!

RestlessLegs is offline Junior Member
    I hope you find some fun and enthusiastic hiking groups to join. I just went out with my group last night and we had an awesome time rock scrambling in an old quarry. Keep us posted as to how it goes.

Okay, I checked out meetup.com and there is a totally awesome hiking group about 50 miles away. Not only have they been active since 2006, they have almost 1000 members and do some really great hikes. The down side is that their hikes fill up VERY quickly. All the ones between now and September are booked solid with waiting lists! I have just started exploring, though, so thee may be something to the south of me that won't be as popular. Thanks for the tip!

Off to check for groups in the other areas of my interests!

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Hiking groups! what a great idea! I'm going to see if there is anything like in my area. Hubby and I are beginner hikers - getting involved in a group sounds like a hoot!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Page 79 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast