Page 76 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 76

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Shoot. Now I need to figure out if it is the cheese or the wine causing me to be bloated so much of the time. Dairyfree March, maybe? I'll try to back off the wine once this job is finished and before I start the next heavy duty outside project. There is just something about rewarding myself with a nice glass of wine when I have been busting tail all day.

Need to start paying more attention to hunger signals and not eating just because it is meal time.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

....and we are done! The roof is finished! Inside for a short rest, back out to put away tools then I get to be a lazy bum the rest of the day if I want to!!!

I don't know if it is the ladders or no HWC or not using butter but I am back down to 188.3 after spiking to 191.7 recently. I have been bouncing back and forth in the same ten pound range for over a year and it is getting really old.

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    One sip of wine and I bloat. It totally sucks.

Good job beating the (currently falling) rain! We might run to Oly for shopping today, too.

AH!! Nice to know that about the wine. Well, shoot. Guess I'll have to use it as a no-more-than-once-a-week treat. The upside is that it will save me money!
    Last edited by honeybuns; 02-06-2013 at 07:18 AM.

I am starting to wonder if preplanning my foods for the day might not be the route to take right now. I hate tracking but I have no idea if I am getting enough calories or too few calories. For me, low calories do not translate into weight loss. It isn't the number on the scale that bothers me the most, it is the flab that is hanging on. Nobody wants to jiggle when they walk.

Hmmm.......that calls for some organizational ability. I tend to be a "one foot nailed to the floor" kind of person. You know, work hard all day but have nothing to show for it because I've done a little bit here and a little bit there all over the house. If I can get a handle on this post menopause, post surgery weight gain then I'll be feeling much better. Maybe I would do better to concentrate more on the physical side of things, eat clean and let it all sort out. Even though I want to figure it out NOW, I need to give it a few months for an honest assessment.

Went to Winco Foods yesterday to check it out. Hooboy! I'll be shopping there on a regular basis. The money saved on items I buy there compared to what I pay elsewhere will be significant. Worth driving the 50+ miles a couple times a month.

Costco. You would think, as I did, that pricing would be consistent from store to store, region to region. Nope. Box of 80 K-cups is 24.99 where my friend is shopping in California, 37.99 for the same thing where I shop. Coconut oil is 16.99 elsewhere, 21.99 here. Charge what the market will bear, I guess. It doesn't help when you are on a budget to hear about the discrepancies, though.

Ugh. I tried taking melatonin before I went to bed last night to help with sleep (lack thereof). Falling asleep isn't the problem, staying asleep is. I had an even worse night's sleep than I usually do. I remember waking up many times and while I did fall back asleep quickly the goal was to not wake up all night long. I would much rather have had my lying awake for a period once during the night than awake, asleep, repeat all night long. No option for sleeping in, either, because i wake up fully at 5am regardless of how I slept.

Moose and I went to the local shopping center and walked around to introduce him to new sights and sounds. He is a VERY big Doberman (97 pounds) so I had him wear a pack to keep people from feeling intimidated. It worked from the standpoint that it was clear to people that we were in the middle of a training session and didn't rush up trying to pet him. He isn't quite ready for that. I do carry cheese cubes with me so a "strange person" can reward him for being a good boy and he can learn that not everything is something to be afraid of. The guy who works at the Goodwill dropoff helped me a lot with one of our foster dogs and thankfully he was there yesterday.

Tabi and I went on a brief RPR yesterday and enjoyed the heck out of it. Cool, misty, windy......we had a blast following the deer trails wherever they led and it was over far too soon for both of us. I have started Reilly on RPR's but he needs to take his cues from Tabi. I had to hide a couple of times because he got too far ahead. His job is to keep tabs on me and he'll be learning that. Doesn't hurt that he is such a Mama's boy.

Once the HWC is gone I'm going to start a dairy free trial. Something is causing me to bloat 98% of the time and dairy is the one thing I consistently have. I do not like feeling or looking like a puffer fish and I need to rule out a dietary cause before I look for a medical one.

Have a good day, everyone. Today shakes out like this. Reilly gets a neighborhood walk, Moose gets a shopping center stroll, Tabi and I get to go play in the woods. That's the fun stuff. Somewhere in there is all the stuff I would rather avoid. Scrubbing the shower, cleaning the toilets..........I'll find a way to work in the greenhouse today so I have room for the stock plants that are coming home with me on the 23rd. I'll have to take about 300 cuttings so I need to be ready with bench space, soil and pots.
    My little cabin in the woods now has a rocking chair on the porch so I am going to sit there with a cup of tea and watch the pups run huge circles around me. Wish some of you could join me!

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Hey honeybuns! I have a favor to ask of you, if you are of a mind to indulge me... My county is being ripped up by all the fracking, and I have been getting into a dour mood lately about how long I really wish to stay here, assuming that my Chicken Little attitude to fracking does come to pass here. So I have decided to assemble an "exit strategy", if you will. I have been wondering where I might go next, and I always seem to end up in Washington state.

So my favor is this - would you tell me the good and the bad of living in WA? I am aware that WA has basically three different zones - the watery west, the mountainous middle, and the arid east. I am not looking for a positive spin - rather, I would like to know the bad/inconvenient first - travel brochures make everything look like Utopia, you know.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    I'm not Honeybuns, but I think the one negative I've run into, is outside of the larger cities, WA folks seem somewhat ... small town ish, and a bit on the conservative side. Don't take it as a real negative, it's just a bit more common than I expected, being pretty darned liberal myself. There are plenty of both, of course.

The reduced number of sunlight days, here on the rainy coast, are the only other negative.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RaeVynn View Post
    I'm not Honeybuns, but I think the one negative I've run into, is outside of the larger cities, WA folks seem somewhat ... small town ish, and a bit on the conservative side. Don't take it as a real negative, it's just a bit more common than I expected, being pretty darned liberal myself. There are plenty of both, of course.

The reduced number of sunlight days, here on the rainy coast, are the only other negative.
    OMG - you haven't seen "small-town" until you come to this place... There are NO folks here outside of white, northern-European stock, evengelical-Protestant (a few Catholics, though), homophobic, gun-totin', generally racist hill-dwellers. And I mean that literally. So if they are just a wee bit over the general conservative/liberal line, that would feel like liberal to me at this point!

I saw Grays Harbor on the map a few days ago - describe "reduced number of sunlight days" a bit more, please. Have you ever lived anywhere else to compare it to?
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Page 76 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast