Page 75 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 75

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Oh, I just had the tasstiest breakfast ever and it was leftovers! I mixed the prime rib, shallot and mushroom saute with the bacon roasted brussels sprouts and topped it all with an egg fried in butter. Oh, yes! Loving this Primal stuff!
    Woohoo! For me: chicken breast pan-fried in duck fat, over a bed of greens with fresh tomato, avocado, and green beans also sautéed in duck fat, with ranch dip. Ice water and dark chocolate to top it off.

Primal rocks! NO MORE STARCHY OATMEAL INSULIN-SUGAR SLUMP AFTER BREKFAST!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, oatmeal is a pretty lousy breakfast and I've realized that the breakfasts you can get eating out just aren't worth it.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

What a lousy night's sleep. I know I said I wasn't going to whine and moan in this journal but there is something so wrong about being wide awake in your own bed for a couple hours in the middle of the night and being up at 5 am anyway. Its even worse to be lying there awake and have a headache make its presence known. If I ignore a headache too long it becomes a debilitating migraine. I just hope I got to it in time.

In other news, we'll be putting the roofing on my little cabin in the woods tomorrow. YES! This means the dogs can be outside with us all day long and wear themselves out. A tired dog is a happy dog and three tired dogs just make for an estatic mommy and daddy.

I love big cuts of meat, more than small ones. One prime rib gave us 5 meals and each one was so different from the other that it didn't feel like we were eating leftovers. I am very good at making leftovers feel like something you've not had already and I didn't know that other people cannot do that. Heck, my cousin can't look in the fridge and pantry and figure out what to make without a recipe! It takes all kinds, I guess.

Okay, I admit it. I am a "show-me" kind of a girl. I have been trying to understand how to use My Fitness Pal, or any tracking site, and just cannot get the hang of it. Why can't it be simple?? This is how I made that dish, this is how many of us ate it. My brain is just not getting it. I wish I had someone who was proficient in it to sit right beside me and walk me through it step by step. Sabine? Whatcha got going this afternoon?

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    What a lousy night's sleep. I know I said I wasn't going to whine and moan in this journal but there is something so wrong about being wide awake in your own bed for a couple hours in the middle of the night and being up at 5 am anyway. Its even worse to be lying there awake and have a headache make its presence known. If I ignore a headache too long it becomes a debilitating migraine. I just hope I got to it in time.
    Feeling better?
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Aaugh! Don't me about technology! That's what I married my Honey for.

But on a practical level, I don't have an MFP, or any of those gadgets. I just skim people's posts about them, because I don't know what they heck they are all about. If I ever get one I will be like you, and need someone to sit next to me and show my the tricks, step by step. And even then, I'll have to write it all down, with charts and arrows.

Good luck finding someone. Then...when you're expert, I can hit YOU up!

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Feeling better?
    I think I actually had a decent night's sleep last night. I do not want to get to the point where I have to rely on taking something to help me sleep. I don't believe in crutches. Well, maybe coffee and tea to wake me up.

Well, heck, since I hate the thought of tracking anyway I think I'll take a page from your book, Sabine, and just say "screw it". It may take me longer to get to where I want to be but at least I'll still be sane when I get there!

Tired, tired girl right now. Physically that is. I actually had a decent night's sleep last night. Today was spent carrying three tab roofing up the ladder to DH as he roofed the cabin. No, I didn't carry full bundles. Those suckers weigh somewhere between 60 and 80 pounds and it was a struggle to get them in the cart to move to the work zone. I carried four sheets at a time so I lost track of how many times I went up and down the ladder. It felt good to use my muscles and scamper up the extension ladder like it was no big deal. DH is wiped out. He only stopped working on it tonight because I told him that he was the only one who wanted to stay out there, the dogs and I were done! Not quite halfway done and I'm hoping tomorrow will see it finished.

Those roofing bundles weigh 80 pounds. EIGHTY!!! I knew I wasn't being a spineless wimp. Thank goodness I only had to wrestle them into the cart and from the cart to the porch. Needless to say, we are both tired. Definitely taking our time getting started this morning. I wish we could put it off for a day but dry days are a rarity around here this time of year and I'd like to be finished with that roof before the rains return on Tuesday. Plus, once it is finished I can get back into the RPR routine. I just need to figure out how to get quality exercise with all the dogs. Let's see. Tabi, Moose, Reilly. Reilly and Tabi,. Tabi by herself...........Looks like I have my exercise ahead of me.

Can someone else cook dinner tonight, please??

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Today should see the finish of the roofing, thank goodness. Physical exhaustion is my constant companion right now but this is a job that cannot be done in the rain. DH is even more tired than I am but at least that very stubborn man is finally listening to his body. I've been in bed by 7:30 the last two nights. Tomorrow I celebrate by being a girl again. Going to Costco, Trader Joe's and the food co-op to see who has what in the way of primal/paleo goodies we can use. Dare I stop for a pedicure somewhere?

Page 75 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast