Page 74 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 74

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel

Tabi REALLY enjoys the RPR's. This wasn't from today but she had the same happy look on her face!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

UGH. Crawling under the house today to place rat bait that we should have placed before we buttoned up the crawl space for the winter. I DO NOT want to keep hearing them in the walls and attic!!

*update* Got it done! Wasn't too bad crawling around down there and not too much rat sign which means they are recent. Bad news? Seems like any work that was done under the house by a tradesman they did not bother to replace any of the insulation that was taken out to install whatever. I see a summer job ahead of me.
    Last edited by honeybuns; 01-25-2013 at 01:44 PM.

Big job ahead of me. I need to go through my recipes and figure out which can be tweaked to be more primal/paleo and which just have to go away. The hardest part will be getting rid of cookbooks that I will not be using any longer, primarily breads, cookies, old family recipe baked goods...............this won't be easy to do and definitely time consuming.

My pants are looser in the thighs. C'mon, belly and butt. Follow suit!

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    You have tons of non primal cookbooks? I didn't really buy many cookbooks before LOL. Now I have all the primal/paleo ones I can find
    YAY for looser pants

I have SO MANY non-primal cookbooks. I need to actually look at them page by page and save any recipes that I can use now before I eliminate the book. So far, for Primal/Paleo cookbooks I have Eat Well, Feel Good and Paleo Comfort Foods. Any others that anyone highly recommends I'll add one by one.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Well Fed is my fav

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Well Fed is my fav
    I'll get that one next, then.

I have figured out that I am the type of cook that figures out what to have by what is on hand rather than choosing a recipe and shopping for the ingredients for it. I need to make a point of doing more of that to expand our go-to recipes. Tonight's dinner will be a primerib I've had sitting in the freezer for over a year. LOTS of future meals in that hunk of meat!

I will NEVER AGAIN try the high heat searing method for prime rib. There was so much smoke in the house that I threw open all the doors and windows. When DH came back from town all he saw was smoke rolling out and freaked him out a bit. I'm going for a long, slow cook next time.

DH weighed in at 203 this morning. That is 37 pounds gone and only 7 pounds away from his fighting trim weight when he was in the Air Force forty five years ago. Not bad for a guy of 66! There goes my argument as to cutting out the potato chips and crackers, though.

I liked it better when our weight was 70 pounds apart instead of the 15 it is now. At least he loves me for who I am.
    Last edited by honeybuns; 01-28-2013 at 11:35 AM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh, I just had the tasstiest breakfast ever and it was leftovers! I mixed the prime rib, shallot and mushroom saute with the bacon roasted brussels sprouts and topped it all with an egg fried in butter. Oh, yes! Loving this Primal stuff!

Page 74 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast