Page 73 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 73

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    My parents house had rhododendron bushes when we moved in. They didn't trim them so they turned into trees and tickled the bottoms of the 2nd floor windows. We dug them out entirely several years ago for Mother's Day .
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    We dug them out entirely several years ago for Mother's Day .
    Now that was quite a gift. Those suckers are a bear to dig out when they are that big!

I have a 10' x 20' greenhouse. It is my happy place. Handlaid old brick aisleway, benches on either side..............I have been contract growing a crop of heucheras for a childhood friend's container gardening business the last couple of years. 66 the first year, 120 last year. This year? Maybe I'll double it again! We had a bit of an argument because she wanted to pay me but I did not feel right about it because I have known her 50 years. We came up with a win-win situation. She pays me in potting soil and such! I go through so much of it and this way I don't have to buy any. I've gotten a 25 pound bag of Sluggo, which is not cheap and a huge outdoor planter for a problem area. This works much better for me than cash because if she paid me cash I would still not be getting those things for myself.

Off to finish the roof on the cabin and transplant cuttings in the greenhouse. The dogs can content themselves with running games in the yard today.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Oh yeah, I think we left behind some roots and buried them, but we did take a chain saw to get the thickest ones out. I think the main part of the root/trunk is still sitting on the wood pile, waiting to decompose or be disposed. When I say several years ago, it might've been 10, haha.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

That is just plain work!! I am getting the upper hand, though. It now looks more like a park and less like "what in heaven's name were we thinking?!!!"

My friend who came back to eating this way after falling off the wagon at Christmas has been sending me links to websites that are grainfree. There are some fantastic recipes on these sites.

Against All Grain

If you go down the righthand side of the page below the links you'll find recipe archives. This gets you to more recipes than clicking on recipes in the heading will.

Civilized Caveman - Gluten Free Paleo Recipes

Some pretty tasty stuff here. I haven't thoroughly explored it yet but there are recipes that could convert someone who isn't too sure about all this crazy eating. I can't wait to try the dark chocolate pumpkin butter cups.

The good news is that her husband who thought she was crazy for eating this way is now 100% on board with doing this with her. YAY!

My journal doesn't get much traffic, but I am okay with that. I shouldn't say much traffic, I should say much interaction. Not too many responses compared to other journals and I think I figured out why.

No drama. That's right, this journal doesn't address fights with husband, sexual issues, perilous happenings. Negativity doesn't belong here and it won't be making an appearance. No major deviations from eating Primal and cries of "why isn't this working, I only ate a dozen donuts". Yes, I have led and am leading an interesting life. Yes, I am working on getting this right. Yes, I also have body self esteem issues but I am the one that needs to work through it.

Please, if you are already following my journal, do not let this stop you. If you haven't been here before and wish to chime in, please do so.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    My journal doesn't get much traffic, but I am okay with that. I shouldn't say much traffic, I should say much interaction. Not too many responses compared to other journals and I think I figured out why.

No drama. That's right, this journal doesn't address fights with husband, sexual issues, perilous happenings. Negativity doesn't belong here and it won't be making an appearance. No major deviations from eating Primal and cries of "why isn't this working, I only ate a dozen donuts". Yes, I have led and am leading an interesting life. Yes, I am working on getting this right. Yes, I also have body self esteem issues but I am the one that needs to work through it.

Please, if you are already following my journal, do not let this stop you. If you haven't been here before and wish to chime in, please do so.
    Honeybuns, this is EXACTLY why I DO visit here! I had too much drama in my earlier life for far too long, and like it peaceful, too. Yeah, some of those journals could be their own reality show!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I just figure there is a limit to how many times you can say, 'that sounds good.' But I'm reading.

.......and I'm glad that you finding something worth reading about!

Just got back from a three hour RPR with Tabi. I chose to take only her as she is well seasoned and sticks closely with me. It is hard to believe she is seven already! Moose and Reilly got to stay home as I really wanted to be able to enjoy exploring the woods without having to keep constant tabs on where the youngsters were. We had a blast! I kept expecting to see elk watching us or to run across another balck bear. It was cool, cloudy, windy and feeling like rain, just the way I like it! Rain held off until we were within 1/2 mile of the Jeep. She is curled up on the loveseat now under an afghan while I'm sitting on the couch with a large dog curled up on either side of me. At least they left me room to drink my tea this time!

A while ago i picked up four bars of baking chocolate, two semi-sweet and two 100%. I took half a bar of each type, which I figured would give me 75%, melted in a double boiler and made chocolate covered almonds. SO EASY!!! I'm keeping the container in the fridge so we don't overindulge by having them on the counter. I can't wait to try it with macadamias.

Cream Cheese Clouds are almost gone. I think the next batch I will use a piping bag as Sabine suggested. Just a bit fancier that way. I found a recipe that I think would work well for putting the cream cheese mixture inside of dark chocolate, sort of a Reese's PB cup type thing. Stay tuned.

Page 73 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast