Page 72 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 72

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Doing sun salutations today! I live in Grays Harbor, which is well named. The majority of the time it is cloudy or rainy or cloudy.......RaeVynn can relate. Today is glorious sunshine and 50 degrees! I am spending the day outside getting the beds ready for spring. The snowdrops and hellebores are poking up, the hummingbirds are out and about. Who wants to be inside cleaning house on a day like today?!!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Grokalicious is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Doing sun salutations today! I live in Grays Harbor, which is well named. The majority of the time it is cloudy or rainy or cloudy.......RaeVynn can relate. Today is glorious sunshine and 50 degrees! I am spending the day outside getting the beds ready for spring. The snowdrops and hellebores are poking up, the hummingbirds are out and about. Who wants to be inside cleaning house on a day like today?!!
    Yay for glorious sunshine!!!!!
    One should always play fairly when one has the winning cards.
    Oscar Wilde

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    We're hoping to get a few miles of bike rides in this weekend, with the nicer weather.

Hey! I deserve a pat on the back for what I figured out this morning! No, it isn't the secret to effortless weight loss.

Yesterday I put pork neck bones in the crockpot and used most of the meat in last night's dinner. Threw the bones back in the crockpot overnight and stripped the rest of the meat this morning in preparation for making a beef stew with the stock. I noticed tubes in the pork bits (whatever is in a pork neck) and I knew my DH would freak if he got it on his spoon. VOILA! Out came the stick blender and I pureed it into the stock before adding the beef. What he doesn't know won't hurt him!!! The stock smells incredible!

Today was about relocating boulders, lots of boulders. I am glad that my body hasn't forgotten how to do this and I will probably feel it tomorrow, but that project is now DONE!!!

Surprisingly enough, the only thing sore after yesterday's boulder work is my right hand. My back, legs and arms feel great. Right hand? Well, it didn't do any more work than the left hand........

I am taking the new pup on his first RPR today. He won't be going solo. He takes a lot of his cues from the other dogs so they are coming to. God grant me strength. This should be interesting!

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Today was about relocating boulders, lots of boulders. I am glad that my body hasn't forgotten how to do this and I will probably feel it tomorrow, but that project is now DONE!!!
    Goodness, honeybuns! I am frequently reading on here about how you are tossing around boulders or trees or craptons of earth or some such, and I am wondering... Did you buy a real fixer-upper of a place, or are you some kind of landscaping guru, or do you just get these fits where metric tons of stuff needs to get moved in order to feel happy on a particular day? Or maybe all three! I really love trees AND big rocks, so I'm not in disagreement, I just can't get a handle on it.

P.S. My apologies if I missed something here on your journal that explains life a la honeybuns... I blame it on the white hair - premature aging and all, you know!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    And today?? We out here in Ohio hillbilly heaven, have a whopping high of 12 degrees today, after an unseasonably warm two days last week that melted all our snow. We got a fresh blanket of it yesterday.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

I am very much an outdoor girl, a farm girl if you would. I love the satisfaction that hard work brings. I am a professional horticulturist by trade, retired at the moment, and the home we bought needed lots of work. The large yard was totally overgrown and I'm trying to turn the landscaping of forty years ago into what I want for me. That means a lot of editing. The lot next door was an old rhododendron nursery and they've gotten to be fifteen to twenty feet tall. When we first purchased the lot next door you couldn't even walk into it because things were so overgrown. The house is down to the finer details now so I can really concentrate on the exterior this year.

Yesterday I took all three dogs on an RPR. Oh, Reillly loved getting out there but when we went offroading, the poor boy had no idea how to go downhill. I had to send Tabi up to show him how to get down!

We are getting ready to put the roof on the little cabin in the woods that DH has built for me. My secret hideaway, if you will.I'll try and get a good picture of it today. It was great to be able to physically lift a 4 x 8 sheet of OSB and know that my body could handle it. Being able to do that doesn't make me any less of a lady, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with being a capable female.

Page 72 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast