Page 71 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 71

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Went on a logging road walk with my hiking buddy and his partner yesterday. This is the man that used to do 15 to 18 mile rambles with me in downpours. It was hard to watch him hobble for four miles in very obvious pain and not be able to do anything to make it better. He seems to think the medicine they are putting him on in March will allow him to resume his love of solo wilderness hiking. For his sake I hope so. He isn't one to take meds so this tells me just how rough all of this has been on him. I am not too clear just exactly what he has going on but cancer was ruled out. Rheumatoid arthritis? Neurological? A combination?

Tomorrow I get to step on the scale. I am not expecting much in the way of a loss and I'll be happy with no gain.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

It has been almost two years since I have been able to be consistent with the RPR's. 2011 was all about the kitchen remodel, 2012 was about a dying dog, working with a new dog, transporting and fostering rescues. I promised DH I would not go up in the hills by myself and if that is what it takes to be able to go up there without him worrying, I am all over that. Hopefully I can get back to my schedule of four days a week, four hours a day in my forested playground. Tabi sticks right with me, her I don't worry about. Moose is into himself right now so I spend a lot of time hiding from him and making him find me. Reilly, when he is old enough, will be more in touch to where I am at all times, unlike Moose.

2013 should bring lots of stories of adventure and hopefully some good pictures for Crabcakes First.

I am so in love with our new pup. We've only had him a couple of weeks and he has made it his job to keep track of me. Yes, he is a Mommy's boy but that is what I need when we are exploring. The dynamics between the three dogs couldn't be any better.

Today's weigh in. After getting up and peeing 189.6 After pooping 189.9 An hour later 188.6. That is the number I'm going with so that means I have dropped four pounds in two weeks. That puts me withing 5 pounds of what I was just before my surgery before the weight started going up and up and up (darn hormones). I'm hoping I have this right where I can continue a downward trend. Even if it is a small amount of loss, it is still a loss.

Made cream cheese clouds today (cream cheese, butter, vanilla, small amount of sweetener) and I added coconut butter, cocoa powder and used honey. It tastes like a fancy chocolate mousse. Hopefully DH will reach for these when he wants dessert.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    2013 should bring lots of stories of adventure and hopefully some good pictures for Crabcakes First.
    Woohoo! Thanks for thinking of us, and we look forward to the pics!!

All that snow in those fotos of Crabbcakes woods... gone. Melted in the rain two days ago. Fooey.

Dog pack sounds heavenly - that would be Third's dream come true, and mine as well as the canines would hopefully help me keep track of the girl as she grows more deliberately willful, rather than just kinda brainlessly distractible (as young kids tend to be, but young special needs kids especially so). I think it is a beautiful thing, how much you love those dogs who come into your care - just wanted to tell you.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Thank you! Yup, I'm going to the dogs!

Reilly on the left, Moose on the right. Tabi had the loveseat to herself.

Okay, corn and I officially do not get along. Because I am a loving wife I added corn to our soup last night. Oh, my! Am I ever bloated! Do not like this feeling at all. Next time he can have a bowl on the side and add it to his. UGH.

Due to circumstances, the first meal of the day yesterday was at 11:30am and I was FULL when I finished. Eggs, ham, a few hashbrowns.......went for a short three mile RPR after that and found out just how out of shape I am. Come dinner time there was no way I was even remotely hungry so I skipped it altogether. Yay! I avoided more of that delicious but corn laden soup.I am still not hungry so I think a breakfast at 10:30 might be doable. About time I listened to my body rather than the clock, don't you think?

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Good morning.

I've been thinking about skipping lunch, myself. Not doing it yet, but thinking about it.
    I'm actually pretty happy with going from 5 or 6am breakfast until noon, without a twinge of hunger.

You'll get there, I promise. Having a breakfast of protein has made a real difference for me.

Someone, and I don't remember who, said "Hunger is not an emergency". So true. How crazy is it that I used to pack snacks for a forty five mile drive into Olympia? My cousin packs snacks for her 6 year old son to eat in the car on the way home from school. A whopping five miles. Like he would perish before they got home. I am so happy not to be a slave to the sugar roller coaster any more.

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Oh, I remember that! I used to practically panic if I didn't have some form of food always on hand.

Now, realizing that I've forgotten lunch gets a shrug.

Page 71 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast