Page 68 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 68

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    It is not just reindeer that can fly at Christmas time!
    Moose can fly! It makes sense now!!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Holiday Adventure day Three~no elk involved!

Rather peaceful and quiet for a change. The bums and I did a three hour RPR which means triple the mileage for them. All is well, they are out of it and snoring. Pork stew for Christmas Eve dinner (thank goodness for mini crockpots) and all is right with the world.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

We are home. It was a great trip, love the new trailer, ate well, can't wait to do it again. The bums have gotten the hang of it so the next camping trip should be a blast,

Holiday Adventures Day 5 found Moose bullying Tabi into a creek that drops off suddenly. She wasn't quite sure what happened when her feet no longer touched bottom but she got herself out and the adventure continued. They are sleeping on either side of me on the couch right now twitching and snoring away. Life is back to normal.

Wish a Christmas elf had cleaned my house while I was gone, though. UGH.

Yesterday was a blast, even though everyone got stuck at least once!

So tired today. DH went to the shelter yesterday to meet an 8 month old Dobie pup. When he found out they were going to be putting him down in a couple of hours he brought the dog home. The dog has separation anxiety big time so I spent last night in the dog room so one of us could get some sleep. He is still intact and mounting our male dog very chance he gets. Neutering is the second order of business after getting some meat on this pup's bones. He is thinner than underweight and heavier than emaciated but not by much. The jury is still out on whether he stays or this is just a foster situation.

For good news, I've actually noticed a weight drop on the days I have been drinking enough fluids!

DH did the dog room hangout last night. While I didn't sleep well without him there, I did get more sleep than the previous night. Up at 5am and made him go to bed for the next three hours. Today we will start to gradually leave the room together while leaving the pup with the other dogs so he can see that it is not a big deal. Baby steps.

I put oxtails in the crockpot for 16 hours and turned them into a soup for last night's dinner. Nice, fatty soup. SO GOOD! DH didn't even notice he was eating the dreaded fat that CW says will kill you.

A friend of mine who went primal last fall and went back to CW has come back to primal/paleo after realizing she felt horrible. She's been cooking from the recipes at Wellness Mama | Health, Nutrition, Recipes, Natural Living, Fitness and her husband is raving about the dinners without realizing that he is eating healthy. I sent her a link to Local Harvest / Farmers Markets / Family Farms / CSA / Organic Food so she could find sources of the good meats and produce farm direct. If you have never looked at that website I highly recommend it. I had no idea there were so many good suppliers literally in my backyard!

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Hope it all works out for the pup, no matter where he ends up.

I've never worked with oxtails. That's next on my list. Any suggestions for a simple soup? I will probably be slow cooking them.

Wellness Mama is a really great resource. She has loads of articles and lots of information on how to get started & get your family involved.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I put them in the crockpot with water, a few celery leaves, red and yellow pepper and onion (I had them sitting around and knew they'd add flavor). Cooked on low overnight, smells fantastic! In the afternoon I stripped the meat and fat from the bones, sort of broke it up and threw it back into the stock with a carrot, kale and some baby reds. Honestly, you could add whatever you want in the soup. It has such a nice rich flavor from the meat that anything else is just complimentary. You really could do the meat stripping the night before and put it all back in the crockpot in the morning with veggies and head off to work.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    DH did the dog room hangout last night... Today we will start to gradually leave the room together while leaving the pup with the other dogs so he can see that it is not a big deal. Baby steps.
    You rock!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thank you!!

Page 68 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast