Page 67 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 67

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Crap food is so not worth it.

Now that DH is off the statins I'm trying to get through his thick head that if he wants to stay off of them he needs to not be eating the grain products and sugars or else his blood test can come back messed up. He is still believing the "eggs are bad" school of thought that was going around a while ago. My new goal is to educate him as to why CW has been wrong, wrong, wrong. It will be an uphill battle as I can't even get him to flush the toilet!!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Okay, I'm not going to worry as much about food in 2013. I'll tighten up back to the straight and narrow but am not going to stress over macros and all of that. One area I have been neglecting is exercise. Oh, sure, I get plenty when the RPR's are happening or if I'm in the midst of a big project, but when I'm not nothing is taking their place. I get up at least two hours earlier than DH and there is absolutely no reason I couldn't do wall pushups or squats or planks during that time IF the dogs don't try to help me. I just need to make it a routine. I have been consistent about crouching to get things out of the cupboard and not hanging on to something to get back up but rather asking my leg muscles to do their job. I have gotten much stronger and no longer have to pull myself up. Slow and steady, grasshopper.

My Christmas Pet Peeve - by me.

This has bothered me for quite a while. Used to be just one, this year I got a few.

Christmas cards. Yes, fewer people are hand addressing their cards. I get that. Some people, me included, still take the time to address them for the personal touch (DH did it this year as I am bah-humbuggy). My pet peeve is the cards that come with just a surname. DAWSON. Oh, really? So, it takes too much of your time to write THE DAWSONS or DAWSON FAMILY??? The ones with stickon labels have even less of an excuse as they had to take the time to set it up in the first place!!

Rant over. Thank you very much.

We head out in the morning for a five day camping trip over Christmas. I have been making sure that I have plenty of good food aboard and haven't forgotten something vital. In celebration of the days getting longer tomorrow night's dinner will be filet mignon and mushrooms sauteed in butter accompanied by yams. That is just for starters. The culinary delights just keep on coming!!

Holiday Adventures Day One.

Things went very smoothly taking off this morning and traveling. Pulling into the RV park we had to tiptoe carefully around a herd of fourteen Roosevelt Elk. The RV park is virtually empty so there is no one parked near us and we are just a hop, skip and a jump away from 800 acres of forested playground. The bums and I headed there first thing after setup and had a marvelous time. While we were expecting downpours we ended up getting hailed on twice. No rain! We spent about three hours following elk trails wherever they led us and didn't get into too much trouble. Moose, at home, hates going out in the rain but today he managed to fall into the creek from a high bank. He tends to leap before he looks and this time it caught him. He is lucky. The creek was deeper than he was tall and was flowing pretty strongly. I'm still not quite sure how I was able to drag him back up that bank without going in myself. Thank goodness for Polartec!! Even though he was submerged, his Polartec kept him warm and dry!!!
    Finishing up the day with a tasty dinner of tenderloin and mushrooms to celebrate the days getting longer. LOVE our new (to us) trailer! The adventures continue tomorrow!

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    I love camping! and elk... OMG I love elk! We saw some on the way to Westport on Thursday.

Enjoy!

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Hey honeybuns! Merry Christmas! (or Happy Holidays!... don't know which is more appropriate here)

I still love reading your journal, even though I haven't posted in a while. Your adventures in the outdoors are really inspiring to me - seriously. I strongly tend to be an indoors-preferentially-at-the-library kind of person. My mom used to shove me out the door when I was a kid and then lock it behind me (the screen door was eye-hooked, not the big door - she could still see and hear) because back then I was already that way and she worried about me getting enough outdoors-play. After somebody got me out the door, I had a blast, but that first step of getting past the threshold was always (and is still) really hard. And that is where you really motivate me.

My First likes to know what you are off doing - she still has dreams of moving to WA. Partly because of Twilight, and partly because of your photos, and mostly because she just wants to live the outdoors life: her dream is to own a log cabin next to a lake in the woods, with rocks to climb close by, in an area with four seasons, and your location is the first US spot to really land on her radar as a serious contender.

Glad you got the dog out of the creek! And glad you are having fun! We used to own a Coachman Leprechaun (purchased used). The only drawback to this kind of RV (for us) was that once we parked and hooked up, we were stuck, as we didn't bring along a second car. Yeah, that has a remedy, but back then it was how we did things. We took our four cats along with us everywhere the RV went, too.

Please tell First that this is the first trip for us in this trailer and WE LOVE IT!!! Here it is, the end of December, on the coast where the winds and rains are always worse and we are SO comfortable. Our first (of many) winter camping trip!! We have friends who live nearby that we are spending Christmas with.

Holiday Adventures Day Two once again involve Moose and a herd of elk.

Last night we went to our friends house for dinner and they have a herd of elk that regularly come down off of Saddle Mountain to hang out in their pastures. My DH came a little later with the bums (after dark). I let them out of the car and we headed out to the pastures to give them some running around time before they went back in the car for a couple hours. IT WAS DARK. Next thing I know, Moose is barking from far, far away in the back of beyond in the forest. Great. Headed that way and realized there was a herd of elk in the pasture and then realized I couldn't hear Moose any more. Great. The elk have stomped him and I have a dead dog laying in the pasture somewhere. Great. Started to head back to the house far, far away to get a flashlight and hear Moose rattling the gate by the house and whining to get in. Oh, thank goodness!! I still have no idea how he got from all the way in the back to all the way in the front without him going past me. Just so glad that I don't have a dead dog!!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    It is not just reindeer that can fly at Christmas time!

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Hey honeybuns!

If you read this before midnight, go and take a look at Bing's home page (the search engine)... It made me think of you!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh, that is so cool!!! Yup, that is us!!

Page 67 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast