Page 66 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 66

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    It's the lack of sleep, the traveling, and the stress of worrying about your beloved pooch. It will melt off in a few days, really.

Eat more bacon.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    LIFT HEAVY THINGS.
    Um...how about two sixty pound bags of sand and five eighty pound bags of gravel. Does that qualify? I will not kid you and say it was easy, but I DID IT. Sitting in my recliner right now I can feel my back muscles trembling and know exactly what muscles I used in my arms. Thank goodness for a coconut milk/banana smoothie halfway through the day. Without it I couldn't have gotten this far on that project from lack of energy.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Today is a very wet, very windy day, the kind of day that is best spent by the fire with a mug of hot beverage. What am I going to do? Take the Jeep up into the lower slopes of the mountains and go exploring! Sounds a lot better to me than sitting on my ass all day.

Oh, that was marvelous fun! DH wanted me to do all the driving so I could get comfortable with varying terrains and conditions. We climbed, and climbed, and climbed. I think we ended up at about 4000' elevation. No snow, darn it, and the clouds kept us from seeing any of the views. There is something about negotiating a narrow, rockstrewn, potholed, treacherous road and coming out on the other side.......the scariest part was at the top where there was a very recent washout with a steep drop on the downhill side. I'm not talking a 20' drop. I'm talking a few hundred foot drop. "Will it be wide enough for me to pass? Will it slide as I get there? What if it lets go as I am crossing??" (pray. a lot.)

This holiday season has skipped right over my house. It does not even feel like the Christmas season and I am putting up minimal decorations, if any. I know that it will be far easier to avoid the temptations of sweets and baked goods that are so prevalant this time of year because it just doesn't feel like Christmas. Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas. I used to listen to Christmas music throughout the year as I made the gifts I was going to give. It all changed when DH 's mother died. He has become Scrooge. It has been 21 years of diminishing Christmas excitement. There is no point when I am the only one who cares. It is just easier to do nothing. Sad. I passed my love of Christmas on to my niece and I recently told her that when she is ready for aa permanent relationship, make sure he loves the holidays!

OH..OH..MY......

It took no time at all to feel the effects of eating pizza and cheesecake. UGH. Not just me. DH is pretty miserable as well right now.So much for splurging on a getaway. Feeling this way is so not worth it. No 80/20 for me. My body won't take it!

Last night's dinner was pretty tasty. Fortunately the menu had a trout with sauteed spaghetti squash and green beans. Tomorrow I'll be back home, back with my pups and will get to sleep in my own bed!!

Sabine is offline Senior Member

Hopefully it will pass (in all ways) quickly.

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday was the holiday party at work... and, there was fruitcake. FRUITCAKE.

I caved. And I brought some home and shared it.

Yeah... my knees hurt, my husband's knees hurt, and I'm bloated. I'm perfectly aware that the "fruit" in fruitcake is not fruit, it is an absolute abomination consisting of a chemical shit-storm held together with HFCS & PUFAs. We'll avoid it, most of the time, in the future.

On a bright note, breakfast was bacon.

BACON!!!

The really nice thing about eating this way is that when you do stray, once you get back on program it doesn't take long to start feeling normal again.

Tonight's dinner is drumsticks tossed in seasoned almond flour and baked with coconut oil. Add some steamed Swiss Chard and a yam and all is right with the world.

We're heading out of town next week to spend Christmas with friends in California. Family dynamics don't make for a happy holiday celebration so we are taking our travel trailer and getting gone for a week. DH thinks I should take at least 20 hamburger patties. Sorry, Bub, but you are not eating hamburger for EVERY meal!!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Just put a different sauce on it each time!

I am always amazed (and pleased) with how quickly I feel better again when I start taking care of myself the right way. (And how disappointed I am in myself for letting such a good feeling slip away just for crap food. What's up with that?)

Page 66 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast