Page 65 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 65

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Since it was my birthday, I opted to do something I NEVER do and play couch potato all day. One day was enough. I just do not understand how people can do it day after day after day. B-O-R-I-N-G!!!

I'm not going to be one of those people who whine about Primal not working when I am the one who has been allowing cheats, treats and poor food choices to sneak back in. The meals are spot on but I have been more lax about things like eating desserts, having cookies in the house, etc. I have more willpower than what I have been exhibiting lately. Out of sight, out of mind needs to be what I concentrate on. If those things were in a cupboard somewhere I wouldn't even think about them.

Time to get back into the swing of things doing my outside work. This rain isn't going away and there is a lot to be done. The reward will be the satisfaction of having it behind me plus the hot bath by candlelight!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Hey, Honeybuns! Where are you?

Oh, thank you for missing me! I haven't gone far. I've been very discouraged lately and I try not to post negative things.

I really don't want to keep on going up and down within the same ten pound weight frame. Even though my eating hasn't changed I am up AGAIN. I'll blame it on hormones. Some people think that is bull but I know better. Those that poo-poo it haven't experienced it.

My niece whom I haven't seen for quite a while came for a visit last week and she went on an RPR with us. Come to find out she needs Forest Fixes as much as I do and that we have a lot in common. When I come up with a cool getaway (cabin in the mountains?) she and I are going to do the girl thing our style. Oh, I took her to meet our butcher. Now they are Facebook friends. She thought he was cute. He thought she was gorgeous and 17 and was very excited to find out that she is 25! Whatever happens next, I did my part and now I'm out of it.

Major life change in my future. Our home is built near a beautiful deep ravine. Close but not too close. The hill is starting to slide helped along, I'm sure, by the fact that beavers have dammed the creek at the bottom. This is not a good thing. DH wants to sell and move (again) and if it were anything but the hill sliding I'd be fighting him tooth and nail as I have moved too much the past 35 years. I want and need stability and continuity. We have no idea where to go next, but are ready to go where it doesn't rain 80 inches a year. I need hills and trees, preferably without rattlesnakes.

I'll try not to disappear again.

I hear you about not wanting to post negative things. (Doesn't keep me from doing it, but at least I am wishing I were positive. ) Sorry to hear you are struggling. And rather alarmed to hear about your house sliding away. What an image!
    Thanks for coming back: I like getting my Honeybuns fix.

I will endeavor to do better.

Right outside the house is a very large, very old oak tree. It has a spread of at least fifty feet. The annual leaf dump has begun. I actually like picking up the leaves, unlike a lot of people. Sometimes it is dry enough weather that I can use the riding lawn mower to get most of them but most of the time it is too wet. I found out last year that it is just as fast to rake them and dump them in my big cart or pick up the ones I can't rake by bending down and getting them one by one. It sounds tedious, I know, but it is terrific exercise and makes an immediate difference. The way I look at it, I could bitch, moan and complain about having to pick up the leaves or I could rejoice that I have a very good reason for being outside and avoiding the housework!!

The good news is that my hiking buddy DOES NOT have a reoccurence of his cancer. He is, however, having a form of epileptic seizures that originate intestinally. There is a plan in place and while he can't do the kind of hikes we have done together in the past, there is great hope that by next year he'll be back adventuring!

On another topic, extra virgin organic coconut oil does something really strange to my throat. Paying close attention and hoping to avoid anaphylaxis.

I am so glad they figured out what it is, and that something can be done about it.

evoco Yes, definitely avoid it! How strange. I assume by all the qualifiers, that regular coconut oil doesn't have this effect? But why? Our bodies really are strange sometimes.

The coconut oil that has no flavor does not bother me at all. Maybe it is the process by which it is expelled that makes the difference. I know I am not allergic to coconut so I don't understand why the EVOCO should cause a reaction. Of course it is because I have a Costco sized jar of it in the cupboard. At least it has other uses so I won't be wasting it.

Heehee. So true. As soon as you break down and buy a big jar of ANYTHING, problems rise up. (*cough*EasyMac*cough*)

I am so discouraged. Weight is up again. Pants are no longer loose. Now what? Maybe I'm getting ready to hibernate.

Grey dog has had an infected toe for a month so the RPR's aren't happening and making gifts for Christmas is not an activity that creates much exercise. Why can't this be as easy as it was for me as a teenager??

Thanksgiving was interesting. We went to visit/celebrate with friends on the Oregon Coast and instead of making the drive down and back on the same day we took the trailer and stayed at an RV park near them. Grey dog got very ill on the drive down, was still not right on Thanksgiving and is just now somewhat better. Our visit and meal were delicious but sleep was horrible for a couple of nights from worrying about the dog, winds, rain and very loud surf in the middle of the night. I am glad to be home.

Page 65 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast