Page 63 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 63

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    As usual, jealous, jealous, jealous of where you live...

As soon as I figure out how to do the post-pics thingy, I'll invite you on over to my place for a look-see where I live. Except for a few spots, most of the county is photogenic here - I'd love to show you. Thanks for sharing again!

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    most of the county is photogenic here - I'd love to show you.
    I would love to see it! I only know my one little corner of the world.......and a small part of the Shenandoahs.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

The strangeness of how the body works..............
    My belly fat is more pronounced this week. A couple of things have happened. Apple pie, a few crackers, asian pears. The biggest culprit has been not eating an avocado or a couple more eggs every day. Figuring this out will be interesting. With my belly fat increase I expected to see an increase on the scale but nope. It is actually down the few pounds that went on after that marathon driving/crap food day. As of today I have added more yummy fat back and am curious to see if that will shift things around again.

RPR's have not been fun. It has been too dry too long and carrying water for the bums puts a limit on how far we can go. I cannot wait for the fall rains to make their return and get life back to enjoyable up in the woods.

Yet another strange and unexpected difference with Primal.

All my life I have had a lot of very unruly wavy hair. VERY unruly. No matter what I did to tame it. Now? I have straight hair that behaves. I am having trouble wrapping my head around it because I have no clue what to do with straight hair. I am glad that there are more dark hairs coming in but now I get to learn all over again what to do with my hair.

Here's a funny side note for you. My four years younger sister works really hard at looking younger than her 50 years. I have to say she does look fantastic. We went to a nursery that is a favorite of mine and I know the owner well. He asked me if she was my daughter. !!!!!. Now, I really don't look my age but she looks mid 20's. Fortunately for everyone I found it to be rather funny. Guess who will handle aging more gracefully?

We are heading out tomorrow for a getaway for a couple of days. We like staying at the resort we are going to but are less than impressed with their breakfast buffet. I have talked about this place before. Keeping in mind that their breakfast buffet has nothing except eggs and all sorts of pastries we have packed yummy precooked bacon. We take our own coffee pot so we can have coffee in bed in the morning and the heavy cream is packed as well. I get to spend two whole days exploring an 80 acre botanical garden!!!

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    Honeybuns, funny but true ( actually sad, but funny, I guess ) story. I think my wife looks her age, pretty much spot on, and has for the 15 years we have been together.

So, in 2002, we are in Myrtle Beach on vacation. My sister in law is with us, and she is about 5 years younger than my wife. We are strolling around with my kids who are in a stroller at age 1+.... So that would have made my wife 41 years old, and my SIL, 36. So my wife is pushing the stroller, and this lady comes up to the stroller and says "How wonderful! Three generations of family spending time together!"

I LITERALLY spit the soda I was drinking out of my mouth! My wife was not as amused.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

Oh, your poor wife! Not good for the self esteem, for sure!

This week the way too long stretch of dry weather comes to a screeching halt and I cannot be more pleased. RPR's! Burn pile! Soups! Sweaters!! Planting! Hang up the hoses!!

Can you tell I'm excited??

Rainy fall weather is finally here and with it the urges to curl up in a warm house in front of the fire. Nesting? Hibernating?? Crockpot is going with pork blade steak, garlic, apple, scallions and rosemary. That with Carnival squash for dinner should help with the yen for a fall meal.

Later will be soon enough to get back outside to do the winter chores. Today is about warm and cozy and finding new recipes to try and new ways to work my muscles while being a house slug.

THE SCALE DOES NOT TELL THE STORY or Why You Need To Pay Attention.

On August 13th I found a brand new pair of slacks that fit me beautifully and were LONG ENOUGH! Thank you, Goodwill. On August 16th we picked up the foster dog. Between that and the weather being too dry for too long, the amount of walking I was doing with my RPR's dwindled way, way down. In the last two months, the scale has gone down a few pounds. Yay! Fast forward to today. My uncle's funeral is tomorrow so I put the slacks on to figure out what to wear with them. Imagine my surprise when I could not zip them by three inches! Lessons learned? Don't trust the scale. Remember to dial back the calories when the physical activity level drops. Always have a backup plan. NEVER count it as a failure.

Yesterday it stopped raining long enough to get back up into the hills and I was ecstatic about it! Cool, damp, had the place to ourselves. Moose was so excited to be back in the woods that he forgot that his job is to keep an eye on me at all times and kept going much further ahead than he should have. After the sixth time that Tabi and I hid from him so he would have to figure out where we were, it started really raining. Since we weren't getting anywhere anyway, we called it a day at two miles.

Today is all about planting. Digging and planting. Call me crazy but I get great satisfaction from moving trees that have been "temporarily" planted five years ago and putting them in the permanent spot. Since they are no longer small, it will be a physical workout day as well. Digging, wrestling, lifting........all followed by a shower!

Bacon is ready. Gotta go!

Page 63 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast