Page 62 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 62

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    So glad you popped in! It isn't always terribly exciting around here, but it is ALWAYS real.

Today the weather is gorgeous and I intend to take DH into the high country via Jeep and logging roads. He doesn't hike but loves beauty so this is my way of sharing it with him. They'll be closing the wildlife gates soon so this is the last opportunity until early next summer to get him up there. Pictures! I should be able to get some spectacular shots to share.

Right now I feel like a bear building up its fat layer for winter hibernation.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    How is your hiking buddy doing? Any good news?

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Pictures! I should be able to get some spectacular shots to share.

Right now I feel like a bear building up its fat layer for winter hibernation.
    Oooohhh!! We get some more of your pictures!! Yeah!!

Re the hibernation fat layer - I just can't get enough to eat right now! I know I am eating lots and well, but somehow this weather/year all I want to do is GORGE... and I'm trying to get more inches/weight off before my trip, too! Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    How is your hiking buddy doing? Any good news?
    I haven't heard from him in a while. Time to kidnap him for a weekend adventure. That is when we talk about anything and everything. Fortunately he has Julie, his BFF to talk things over with on a daily basis. Daniel thinks that it is great that he doesn't have to worry about keeping the two women in his life from finding out about each other. We fulfill different needs for him and Mike, his life partner (oh, excuse me, fiance) gets the rest!

That crappy food day when we delivered the dog has made its presence known in the form of abdominal fat. I have a new indicator, though. One of the scars from the hysterectomy puckers in when the fat increases. When it is totally flat, I know I am losing abdominal fat. It isn't so flat right now. UGH.

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    Long time, no post!

Yesterday was a very long, very rewarding day. We delivered Heidi the foster dog to her new adoptive family 5 hours away. It was fantastic to see her instantly bond with the three kids and the parents. Five weeks ago she was scared of EVERYTHING. Last week I did a saturation socialization with her and things that scared her at the start of it she ignored by the end of it. Within just a couple of hours after we dropped her off she cuddled up with the 5 year old girl and went to sleep. It couldn't have been a better fit!
    Since we were up at 3:45am to leave by 5am and drive, drive, drive, yesterdays food choices were not good ones. Ten hours of driving makes for a long, long day. I noticed last night the bloating, of course, but what really surprised me was how much worse the hot flashes and night sweats were. I didn't know how good I had it. Back to the good, tasty meals we are used to.
    To a fellow (dog) foster: nothing better than seeing a dog bond with a new human, when you know a few weeks or months earlier they were on a euthanasia list. I get a puppy today from somewhere down south. Luckily for me, the transport is literally coming to our front door.

So, I just started reading your journal and am enjoying it. I have a year or so of reading to do! I love how active you are and how positive you remain. Looking forward to reading more...

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    Honeybuns.... I decided I couldn't wait... trying the egg / salad thing tonight with meatloaf.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

Quote Originally Posted by PHaselow View Post
    So, I just started reading your journal and am enjoying it. I have a year or so of reading to do! I love how active you are and how positive you remain. Looking forward to reading more...
    Yay! Another groupie!! Just remember. Just like everyone else I have had my ups and downs and ups.....always end on a high note!

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Papa View Post
    Honeybuns.... I decided I couldn't wait... trying the egg / salad thing tonight with meatloaf.
    Did you like it well enough to do it again? Hey, THAT is what I'll make for breakfast tomorrow!!

Today's trip to the high country by Jeep was a total blast!! Can you believe I have views like this less than an hour from home?

Hubs was not too sure why I loved doing this while we were gaining elevation, but as soon as we started getting views, guess who was grabbing the camera! This is about 4500'
    Last edited by honeybuns; 09-27-2012 at 04:31 PM.

Hope you don't mind more eye candy.

Now, for the grand finale.....ME!!
    Last edited by honeybuns; 09-27-2012 at 04:32 PM.

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    Yay! Another groupie!! Just remember. Just like everyone else I have had my ups and downs and ups.....always end on a high note!

Did you like it well enough to do it again? Hey, THAT is what I'll make for breakfast tomorrow!!
    Oh yeah, I will make it again.... it was tasty.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

Page 62 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast