Page 6 of 100 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 6

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Today marks the end of month #2 of PB. I've been steady at 190-191 for a while now so I was not prepared fpr what I read on the scale this morning. !

188!!!! Okay, Where did that come from?! I LIKE IT!

Meals have settled into a pattern. Really good breakfast, not hungry again until dinner but not very hungry so dinner is a shadow of its former self. Maybe a small nibble early afternoon.

DH had to fend for himself this past weekend and decided he wanted cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Being the loving wife I am, I reminded him that he would be getting hungry every couple of hours. Sure enough. I don't think he'll be grumbling about high protein breakfasts any more.

Scramble for breakfast today. I haven't had one in a few days and I miss it. Tonight's dinner is meatloaf with crunched up pork rinds in it. Please let it be successful!

Random thought......Habit and Boredom

I was reaching for the third cup of coffee this morning when I realized i was doing it out of habit. When I stopped and listened to my body, I really didn't want another cup. Habit is eating meals by the clock because that is when you have always had your meals. Learn to listen to your body!!

I find myself looking around for something to snack on when I am not involved in doing something. I catch myself as my hand is diving into the open bag on the counter. I swear that thing has a mind of its own!! By paying closer attention I have been able to ward off the boredom snacking. It isn't like everything I have to do is completely caught up so why in the heck do I feel bored? BECAUSE I AM PUTTING OFF DOING SOMETHING!!!

Habit and boredom are not your best friends on this primal journey.

Hi Honeybuns. I was just reading your journal and thought that I would mention another lady your height, almost your age, who started out at a similar weight as you, and who does a lot of hiking around with her dogs like you do. She too, in the beginning, was not seeing the weight loss that she had wanted and so she switched her eating up a bit and it has been very successful for her. She is now down to 152lbs and feels incredible. Many women on this forum seem to find that we are not able to lose weight as easily as the men when using the same high fat in our meals. If you are interested in reading her journal at all, you can search for her under paleobird and check her started threads. Read her thread on calories revisited if you would like to see someone similar to you who has found success.

Thanks! I have seen her journal around but haven't taken the time to read it yet. I'll do that tonight!

Just got back from a three hour RPR. We took a branch of the logging road that we haven't been on before and found all sorts of new things to explore. I think I "broke" the dogs, though. They are both crashed at my feet snoring right now.

This morning's RPR was right after a high protein breakfast. I'll bet we easily did eight miles and not once did I feel my energy plummet. Still not hungry and neither is DH. It is a good thing as he was always a constant snacker prior to PB. Now we'll probably not eat until dinner time or, if we do, it will likely be a few almonds or apple slices with cashew butter, definitely not a full meal.

Random thoughts on clothing............

I have now dropped thirteen pounds (YAY!) and while I have not gone down a pant size yet, I no longer have to wash them in cold water and hang them to dry in order to squeeze into them. Warm wash, warm dryer, pull them on and they zip up without struggling or stretching them out first. I would call that progress. I put on a pretty, stretchy top this morning and wasn't greeted by three rolls of abdominal chub. Also progress!!!

My cousin's wife said she looked into the Primal Blueprint and just can't eat that much meat. HUH?? I don't think she really looked into it very deeply. This WOE isn't about consuming copious amounts of meat. Tried to explain that it is more about fat to protein to carbs ratio but she wasn't hearing it. This is so not a weight loss program but people just don't understand that unless they really take the time. I think she just wasn't ready to give up bread.

Steelcut oats for breakfast this morning to prove a point to DH.

The meatloaf was wonderful with crunched up pork rinds!!!!

My nephew's wife just posted on FB that they were doing a wellness challenge at work and while she was carefully choosing her veggies from the salad bar some female YES, FEMALE (her words and emphasis)went past with heaps of meat on her plate and then asked for some water. She (my nephew's wife) made some smartmouth comment about "the lady must be watching her weight". I told her that it sounded like the way I eat and don't jump to conclusions just because someone eats differently than you do. I think I just lost some respect for her as she has no room to talk about needing to lose weight.

Okay, rant over. Ate out today for the first time since starting this WOE. Mulled over several choices, all of which had some form of potatoes or bread and ended up with a cobb salad. i have never had dressings on salads so this was a totally primal meal. I ignored the plate of bread they brought. Lettuce, tomatoes. blue cheese, bacon, hard boiled egg.....OOOOF. I might not eat anything else tonight.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Random thought......Habit and Boredom

I was reaching for the third cup of coffee this morning when I realized i was doing it out of habit. When I stopped and listened to my body, I really didn't want another cup. Habit is eating meals by the clock because that is when you have always had your meals. Learn to listen to your body!!

I find myself looking around for something to snack on when I am not involved in doing something. I catch myself as my hand is diving into the open bag on the counter. I swear that thing has a mind of its own!! By paying closer attention I have been able to ward off the boredom snacking. It isn't like everything I have to do is completely caught up so why in the heck do I feel bored? BECAUSE I AM PUTTING OFF DOING SOMETHING!!!

Habit and boredom are not your best friends on this primal journey.
    Boredom visits here from time to time and yes I have found myself doing the same. Have you noticed that since going Primal, those snacks seem less then appetizing when you come around to what you are actually reaching for?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Very definitely! Most of the time lately I have been catching myself as it is headed to my mouth and realize that it just does not appeal to me. Why would I want to eat something that I don't REALLY want?

So, the moral of the story, for me that is, keep a clean kitchen with everything put away! Easier said than done but an untidy kitchen is one of my bad habits.

Random (sort of) things

Today I get that shot of really nasty medicine. I thought I wasn't thinking about it but I guess it has been in the back of my mind. I'm fully expecting major weight gain and hope that the side effects aren't as bad this time around. last time DH called me frankenbitch because of the rages. Then there is getting ice cold, lack of balance (sitting on the toilet and falling into the bathtub, forgetting everything, total lack of energy..........there were days I couldn't even get off the couch. Not like me at all.
    Oh, well. You guys are on this journey with me.

Meals have been pretty darn wonderful. I put meatloaf in the morning scramble and it was delicious!

I accidentally bought some zero fat greek yogurt, a really top organic brand, and after taking two bites could not stomach the taste of it and threw it all away. Full fat greek yogurt is so yummy!

PrimalCon New York
    This next weekend I'll be hiking with the man who introduced me to PB. Prior to either one of us eating this way we did a hike together where I was under the influence of this same medicine. It will be interesting to get his take on whether eating primally has made a difference in my stamina while "under the influence".

My cousin is a hunter and I got a chuckle today when he texted me to ask if I had seen any sign of bear while i have been wandering the logging roads. I usually send him photos of scat when I find it but haven't yet this year. He knows how many miles I walk a week on the RPR's.

Speaking of RPR's, the BBD (big black dog) is less than happy with me today. Family reunion #2 is tomorrow and I am making lots of food to take. So far BBD has bumped the leashes twice and the collars three times. I just don't have time to take him today. Next week he is going hiking with us, though!

I'll be seeing the sister tomorrow that was very interested in how protein affects energy. Hopefully she checked the Primal Blueprint out of the library and really started reading it. She has been doing WW and has been avoiding protein because of the number of points assigned to it. I hope we can have a chance to have some good conversations about this way of eating.

Page 6 of 100 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast