Page 58 of 100 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 58

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Last Saturday I was out on a hike in the backcountry and just felt the urge to climb a tree. So I did. I'm 50. It was fun.
    I love climbing trees. There is a certain satisfaction in figuring out the next step to get from this branch, to that branch, all the way up the tree. Where the strongest place to put your foot is, which handhold offers the greatest security, how to get down as safely as you got up. It bugs me when people say that I'm way too old to be climbing trees, that tree climbing is for kids. Personally, I think they are just jealous because they can't do it any more.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Well, that particular Jeep didn't pan out but we now know that we are going to have one for sure, and after driving that Mustang for five hours are dead certain we are not keeping it. Some good came out of it even though we didn't get the Jeep.

Fall weather is definitely here and has just kicked my lust for adventure into high gear. Heidi was spayed yesterday, is still out of it today and will need to be monitored for a few days and is meeting her adoptive parents next weekend. I need to get her out and about before then to get her a little more used to seeing people and know they won't hurt her. That, unfortunately, cannot be done on a logging road. RPR's are on hold for now, darn it!

I did successfully head off a building bladder infection with cranberry capsules and Bragg's vinegar. Thank goodness! It was this time last year that I had one after another after another after another....... just let me live my life, please!

Once again the scale has inched downward. Not getting excited because this has happened too many times. What have I changed recently? Alternating days I have an avocado or coconut milk smoothie. Drinking more water with ACV to keep bladder problems at bay. That is it.

What will happen when the RPR's are a regular thing again? Muscles will tone back up. Lungs, heart and bone will be stronger. I will be over-the-moon happy! Weather has been sunny and dry far too much these past couple of months. Right now I am hoping for rain, in a few months I'll be cursing it!

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Grocery Outlet alert: I found New Zealand butter there for $1.50 for 8 ounces... that's a bit cheaper than Kerrygold at Trader Joe's... I've looked at the brand/company website, and I think it might be grass-fed. I'll have to email them to find out. But, it's a good price for grass-fed butter if it is.

Heading there tomorrow! In the past I have gotten Kerrygold cheese and Organic valley pastured butter. Never know what you'll find there!

The scale keeps inching downward one ounce at a time. Between hormonal stuff and figuring out what combination works, I may finally be making more progress. I am not going to get excited until it is below what I weighed just before they took those tumors out.
    Willpower for the holidays. That is what I need. Granted, they are still a couple of months away but I do not want to keep having to lose the same ten pounds over and over again just because I self indulge. No speculaas! I need to find some alternatives and start new traditions!
    Lets talk camping. Since bringing a crockpot along on one of our camping trips last year worked so well I'll be making that a regular thing. So nice to have dinner cooking while I am out playing and it gives more flexibility in meal choices besides making the place smell really darn good!

BeckaSki is offline Senior Member
    I love that you take a crock pot camping! Doesn't work so well with tent camping though We took one on a skiing road trip once and left it set up in our conventional hotel room. I'm sure the housekeepers were confused.

We usually plan to grill meat/veggies when camping and take a stove for eggs/coffee in the morning. Leftover meat, cheese, trail mix, and jerky are our usual lunches and snacks.

I told my husband when we started camping again that we would NOT be eating junk food! Have you ever looked into a dumpster at a campground? Crap, crap and more crap!! We've had some pretty tasty meals out camping. You know you did right when people walking by sniff the air and say "Do you smell that? That smells so good!"

We are trying our hardest to have a Jeep before my birthday in late October. The adventures we can go on all season long!!! What we are struggling with right now is finding the combination that will last us well into our twilight years. It just doesn't seem possible that I am approaching 60 and he is approaching 70! Since we plan on staying active into our 90's, we've got to get the right one!

Now to get rid of the hard top and get the half doors on. A bikini is ordered and on the way!

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Hey honeybuns!

SO. SERIOUSLY. COOL.

I have a Jeep - a Jeep Grand Cherokee, forget the year, but older. We bought it used 7 years ago when I crashed my Chevy Venture Babymobile into a guard rail my first winter out here in the hills and hollers of Ohio, and told Mr. Crabbcakes that if he didn't supply a used Jeep model stat, I would buy myself whatever I wanted in the Land Rover department...

Mine is green, too. And ever since then, no problems with winter here!

Page 58 of 100 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast