Page 57 of 100 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 57

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    It didn't occur to me that she might be managing her own intake, so maybe that's what's going on!
    Now, why can't humans learn this lesson? DH didn't really believe there could be that much of a difference in appetite until the day we went fourteen hours without eating and weren't even hungry!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Paleobird Guest
    To my mind, the ability to skip meals without hypoglycemic panic setting in is the single most convincing argument for Primal/paleo being the natural way out bodies were designed to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    To my mind, the ability to skip meals without hypoglycemic panic setting in is the single most convincing argument for Primal/paleo being the natural way out bodies were designed to function.
    I totally agree. Someone was disputing the whole "eating every two hours to keep your metabolism revved" load of crap and I agree with what they said. We never would have survived as a species if that were true.

Yesterday I had another good example of how what you eat affects what you can do. On the third day we had Heidi (foster dog) she went on an RPR with us. Not even a quarter mile and she had to lay down several times. We went yesterday, which was day 11, and she did two miles without a problem or drop in energy. Difference? Since she has been here she is eating a quality food with high protein and is actually getting what she needs for muscle building and energy.

As for me, the scale has not dropped but I have had to put away 5 pairs of pants that are now too big. My body is indeed changing, even more so since I have increased my calories. I just need to work on the right balance of protein and fats, carbs be damned.

A lady I know essentially went Primal on June 18th to drop weight. She has now lost 23 pounds and told me yesterday that when the next three weeks are done she will start slowly adding sugars and grains back into her diet. AAAAACKK!!!! What could I do but tell her to please pay attention to how she feels when she does and let her know the differences we noticed. At least she knows what works now.
    Last edited by honeybuns; 08-28-2012 at 08:30 AM.

So, what do you do with a person that gives up on Primal after only two months? "Eating all that fat is keeping me from losing weight." Really? If I recall you did drop a few pounds, plus you keep forgetting you CAN and should eat fat, plus you have more energy, plus you aren't popping antacids, plus you now know what clean eating is. I give up. It is working for my husband and I and that is what is most important. Isn't it about the long term benefits rather than instant gratification, anyway?? Frustrating.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Hi honeybuns!

I read the last few posts, and couldn't agree more. I never could figure out how mankind managed to survive as a species when all that raw vegan tropical fruit ran out in the winters in Siberia and Norway and Ohio and stuff... and with the Primal, it wasn't just a light bulb, it was a whole damn light show. I am feeling soooo much better being fat-adapted, but I know it can be even better (I am reversing a lifetime of waaaaaaay too much sugar), and it is just the best knowing there is an EVEN BETTER out there.

re the animals - I have one raw cat, and have told my daughters that if they ever own cats of their own, feed raw after a proper weaning and don't look back. Dry kibble is a good stop-gap for natural disasters and such, but even then, get the kind that doesn't have wheat/corn. I learned the hard way the difference between (relatively speaking) good, bad, and best in the dry cat food department.

Grokalicious is online now Senior Member
    People just give up too easily, I think. I can't imagine eating any other way but yesterday was the first day that I had constant and level energy (started on the 17th). It takes a little time. And, I find that some people are just adverse to this lifestyle/WOE.

By the way, I read your entire journal the other night and really enjoyed it!
    If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces,
    never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again.

Flavia Weedn, Flavia and the Dream Maker

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

Grokalicious, welcome to my journal. Feel free to chime in any time. Don't you just love having energy?

The drawback to having constant energy is that I no longer can curl up with a good book and read for hours on end. I just cannot sit still that long and I am always thinking of what else I can be doing. I LOVE READING!!

For our twentieth anniversary my hubby gave me a 5.0 Mustang. Love that car but we haven't driven it for the past five years. Last night he ran across an ad on Craigslist where someone with a Jeep wants to trade for a 5.0 Mustang. This would be a win-win for us as this Jeep isn't a highway warrior but one that would be right at home on the logging roads. It would be a great way for DH to explore the high country with me. He has had three knee surgeries so hiking is out for him. Who knows if this will actually come about, but how cool would that be? Load the dogs, a picnic lunch and head up into the mountains for the day!

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Hi honeybuns! Found your journal

Your RPR outings sound like so much fun! And, I am thrilled to find someone else *my age* that likes climbing trees! I haven't in a few years, but I can definitely feel the urge coming back as I get thinner and in better condition.

Looking forward to meeting you sometime.

RaeVynn, we WILL get together, I promise!!

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by RaeVynn View Post
    Hi honeybuns! Found your journal

Your RPR outings sound like so much fun! And, I am thrilled to find someone else *my age* that likes climbing trees! I haven't in a few years, but I can definitely feel the urge coming back as I get thinner and in better condition.

Looking forward to meeting you sometime.
    Last Saturday I was out on a hike in the backcountry and just felt the urge to climb a tree. So I did. I'm 50. It was fun.

Page 57 of 100 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast