Page 55 of 100 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 55

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The scale lies! Well, maybe just does a great misrepresentation of the true facts.

In the last 24 hours I have weighed 184.1, 185.3, 187.6. 190.4, 188.2, 187.4. This is a pretty good snapshot of what making poor eating choices and increased physical activity can do. For someone relying exclusively on the scale it would be devastating.

Saturday I was at a family reunion and ate things that had wheat and sugar. Not many but enough to make me feel miserable quickly. Yesterday (Sunday) was hiking in the mountains and I always add weight after a good hike (inflammation). Between the bloat and the inflammation the scale is all over the place. No matter. I have a busy day today and it would not surprise me to see the scale back where it started.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

My pictures are disappearing from my posts. Makes no sense to me. I wonder who stole them. *UPDATE* Now they are back.

WTH??

The scale is back down to 185 again. Interesting spike.

Let's talk panties. Well, undergarments in general.

If you need to feel good about yourself, THROW AWAY THE GRANNY PANTIES!! It is amazing how doing something as simple as putting on sexy underclothes can make you feel like you are on top of the world. One by one I am getting rid of the boring panties and going for bright colors, fancy panties and bras and underclothes that are just plain fun! Average Joe may not know that I am wearing something special, but I sure do! I walk a little taller, smile a little more, have a bounce in my step and feel good about ME!! (Sue, this is the underwear chat we never had). Best thing is that I have them on when i am doing the dirtiest jobs and I still feel like a girl! An appealing, attractive girl in spite of the mud.

Sorry, no pictures on this one!

Well, whaddya know! I've been looking in all the wrong places.My back fat has diminished, my face is leaner. Looks like my hips will be the last to get the memo. No matter. At least I now know that something is happening.

I've been keeping up with our every other day RPR schedule.Nothing truly memorable to share with my journal but that isn't keeping me/us from having a kickass time out there! As soon as we are done with breakfast we'll head back out for a couple of hours which will wear the dogs out so I can do more painting on the siding this afternoon guilt free.

I am really, truly looking forward to fall and winter. Because of my previous career, working outside all winter long feels normal and right to me. I know I'm backwards, but to me a hot sunny day is for being inside getting things done that I avoid when the weather is condusive to working outside in the rain and wind. The only thing that truly stops me from working outside is an extended hard freeze or a significant snowfall. Quite often when I am working in a downpour I haven't even noticed that it is raining!

I met my cousins new baby boy yesterday and I am pleased to say that they have taken that two week old baby on two or three walks already. Being avid outdoor people, they plan on raising him from the get-go to appreciate and enjoy the outdoors and want to have him on his first float trip when he is three or four years old. I applaud them!

For my own peace of mind I bailed on the RPR today. The clouds burned off early so it would not have been fun and I don't like it when they feel like a drudge. I opted, instead, to finish scraping and painting the soffiting so the rest of the siding can go up so we can have that job BEHIND us. I am pleased to say that it is done and that I felt really fit and agile doing it. Whether I am or not is a moot point. I felt it, that is the only important thing.

Tomorrow is set aside to install the siding, Sunday is for traveling a couple hours to a friend's house and do nothing but visit. They haven't met Moose yet, Moose hasn't met their four Golden Retrievers yet. If he doesn't snore all the way home, we've done something wrong.

Yesterday's hike was a joy. So many waterfalls! This is just one of at least a dozen very impressive ones.

This was the reward as we made it through the pass. Way up in the middle of nowhere!

I packed just the right stuff for sustained energy through the whole ten miles. Water, salami, parmesan, toasted coconut and macadamias. I also made a thin smoothie with coconut milk, blueberries and coconut water and sipped on it from time to time. Never had an energy slump in spite of the rugged terrain and sweating profusely. I feel great today!
    Last edited by honeybuns; 08-13-2012 at 05:24 PM.

What? Me have fun? No way!!

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    I don't let my kids read the MDA, but I do show them your photos. We all are actively planning our next household move... to Washington state. You are one lucky duck, I hope you know. Your photography is really gorgeous, and thanks for sharing that with us. I am so completely an idiot when it comes to uploading pics, but I will try to get one of the view from here to show you sometime soon (with computer geek-hubby to help).

Sounds like you are really well!

If you ever come out this way, I would be happy to share my favorite spots with you. If you are on Facebook at all, look up Everything Washington. There are a lot of DDG (dropdead gorgeous) photos of my state on there.

I am doing very well. Little by little I am getting to where I want to be. The scale hasn't moved at all, except for right after my hike when I magically put on twenty pounds. DH confessed later that he had his foot on it!! One size pant is baggy, the next size down too snug. Oh, well. It will get there when it does. I just need to be more vigilant through the holidays this year.

The couple of ladies who started primal in June are doing really, really well. One of them thanked me this morning as she feels better than she has in years and has tons of energy. The other one has had virtually no grain products since June. She doesn't notice a diffeerence but her face is thinner, her upper arms are thinner. I noticed!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yesterday was...............a really long day with lots and lots of driving. DH bought a car on an internet auction (why does he do that?) and we drove, on the hottest day of the year, to the next state over to get it. Our plan was to grab something to eat after we picked up the car mid-morning but that didn't happen. On our way back home we picked up two 11 month old doberman pups for rescue. Did I mention it was HOT?? The new vehicle had no air conditioning, the dogs were scared and it took us the better part of an hour to load them. We had at least a four hour drive to get home, dogs that weren't housebroken in a nice car (with air conditioning!) so stopping for something to eat never happened. Once we made it home the next three hours were spent watching all four dogs bullet around the back yard so by the time my hubby got something to eat it had been fourteen hours. IF, baby!! I'm still not sure I ate anything. The dynamic of the four dogs was/is exhausting. Especially since the male is not neutered. I am just hoping the female was spayed or they'll be a lot more than two dogs needing to be adopted! Thank goodness I am transporting the male to a foster parent today. The dynamics of three dogs will be much easier.

Page 55 of 100 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast