Page 53 of 100 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 53

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    When I am up in the hills on an RPR I can write wonderful journal entries in my head but when we get back home and I sit down to type it up, it has all fled my brain.

Yesterday's RPR was quite fun. Very drizzly. We started out on the logging roads but ended up offroad to get from one road to another. Offroading in a logged over area requires considerable balance skills due to all of the debris left behind from a logging operation. Couple that with the grasses, brambles and other vegetation that has started to grow and it turns into an obstacle course.
    My cousin, an avid outdoorsman, just had his first child, a baby boy. I told him I would bake him a huckleberry pie in congratulations. In the course of yesterday's ramble we scoped out huckleberry bushes, did some picking and actually beat the bears to the crop. I also found a patch of the highly coveted little wild blackberries where the casual picker would never go and the berries are HUGE!

The scale showed 186.2 when I got up, 185.4 after we explored. Maybe you don't have your lowest weight first thing in the morning! Whatever. I just want to fit in the next size down as this size is too loose, the next size down is too tight.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Mshathvri is offline Senior Member
    I just spent the last two days reading through your journal. I followed along with your surgery. I was SO OMG SAD when Deuce died. =( I'm so excited that you found your beautiful Moose. I was upset when your husband got in the three car pileup. I really appreciate your wonderful attitude and perseverance; the self-pitying drama llamas drive me up a wall and I DON'T READ THEM. You inspire me to be more outdoorsy and gardeny and hikey. When my little son is a bit older, maybe I'll take him on RBRs (Run Baby Runs).

The picture of you on the mountain is gorgeous! You're really beautiful.
    Beastly musician / My Primal Blog

My plan for the year (July 23rd 2012-July 23rd 2013):

Walk to Mordor. I have walked 12.33 miles out of 1779.
    Do Convict Conditioning / balance exercises.
    Eat primally.
    Take a progress picture once a week.
    Don't weigh myself.

Starting weight: 223
    Current weight: ???
    Goal weight: 145

Waist measurement 08/03/12: 42 inches and three quarters
    Goal waist measurement: 30 inches

katemary is offline Senior Member
    and a beautiful person, which is what counts.

Totally. I mean, could she rock any harder?

Eat primally.
    Don't weigh myself.

Aw, you guys are great! I needed some positive words this morning. Thanks!!!

Being happy with yourself makes it so much easier to be happy with life.

I weigh this morning with jeans on what I weighed yesterday naked so WAHOO!! more RPR's in my future!! I am wanting to do an offseason hike with the lady I hiked Mt. Townsend with. She is in super uber condition from summiting a different mountain every week just for fun and to top that off she kicked ass over the existing BNSF cops when she hired on. Beat them on strength, physical agility and marksmanship. All these big tough guys are now scrambling to maintain their macho from being bested by a 5'3", 118 dainty lady. See what Primal can do for you? It should do nothing but benefit the railroad. Oh, the whole point of telling you this is so you can appreciate why more RPR's are a really good thing. I have to be able to keep up with her!

Drama llamas. I LIKE it!!
    I'll have to share that with my hiking buddy.
    Last edited by honeybuns; 07-21-2012 at 11:45 AM.

Random thoughts~

When I am a widow I will do things differently. Why wait until then? The sorts of things I want to do differently should wait until the love of my life has gone. Hopefully many, many years from now.
    I will pull down the stupid half wall in the entryway that we fought about. I will switch out the badly outdated light that we fought about. (This is how the whole "when I am a widow" thing got started!). I will climb trees and drink my morning coffee high up in the boughs. I will paint my walls bright colors. I will sleep with wool blankets and down comforters. I will go on a weeklong backpack trip. I will rent a cabin in the mountains before snowfall and get snowed in until spring. I will learn to scuba dive so I can say I did. I will eat when I want to, not at mealtime. I will embrace solitude and companionship equally. I will have no sugar in my house. I will replace the furniture that was his parents from 1956!
    Whew. I didn't know I had that all in me. Of course, by the time I lose him I will more than likely be 73 or 74 or 75........he's planning on being around twenty or thirty more years. Let's see. As of this week I have known him 38 years. That means we will have been each other's for over 60 years at that point!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Gets me thinking about what I would do. And what my honey would do!

I have an entire fantasy life in which I'm not married and I don't have a kid. In it, I have a minimalist studio apartment with a loft bed and an upright piano residing under the loft bed.

Eat primally.
    Don't weigh myself.

Ah, fantasies. There was the toe-sucking one.......

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Here it is, after midnight. I am usually in bed by 8:30. I'm thinking tea with rum and honey at 5pm wasn't the best choice of beverage.

Page 53 of 100 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast