Page 52 of 100 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 52

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    At least with Moose I wasn't worried about rolling over on him like I would be with dachshunds!

When he is on a couch, Moose curls up into the tightest little ball I've ever seen. What is it about a bed that elongates him?? At 4:45am I woke up enough to boot the dogs back to their own beds so hubby could get some actual sleep. As of right now, he's been sleeping two hours later than he usually does. Lousy night all the way around.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

It is official. My vision has changed. This contact prescription is no longer right and I am getting headaches. I just got an exam in January and I am going to go have another one. Hopefully all this healthy eating has made an improvement. We shall see.
    (punny, huh?)

Mshathvri is offline Senior Member
    I'm quite curious to see if this way of eating and being in the world has improved your vision. Here's hoping, huh?
    Beastly musician / My Primal Blog

My plan for the year (July 23rd 2012-July 23rd 2013):

Walk to Mordor. I have walked 12.33 miles out of 1779.
    Do Convict Conditioning / balance exercises.
    Eat primally.
    Take a progress picture once a week.
    Don't weigh myself.

Starting weight: 223
    Current weight: ???
    Goal weight: 145

Waist measurement 08/03/12: 42 inches and three quarters
    Goal waist measurement: 30 inches

Yup. Now I just need to get off my butt and make the appointment!

You've heard all about my RPR's and how much I enjoy them. We went on one today and I decided to start rating them by fun factor when I realized how much I was smiling strolling along. Today's fun factor was an 8 as we went offroad under big evergreens multiple times. It looks like a park under there because the deer and elk break off any dead branches/twiggy trees and the fallen needles create quite a lovely carpet of duff. Perfect place for a picnic. Going down into ravines and back up again make me deliriously happy so they rate a ten. Walking on big downed trees is right up there. Short RPR's that are all on the road rank on the bottom UNLESS I discover something I've never seen before. Hot, sunny days with bugs? Bottom. Cool, cloudy, misty, rainy, windy or cold days get a big thumbs. I know I'm backwards. I'm fine with it.

A month ago I spoke with a couple of friends about going Primal. The one who most wanted to do it to lose weight I have not heard a thing from. She did order the 21 Day Transformation but she strikes me as the kind of person who won't commit to making changes or will throw up her hands if things aren't happening fast enough. The other lady jumped right into it, we chat on Facebook almost every day. Her husband brought home some crackers and cookies that they haven't eaten in a while and they both felt crap afterwards. He swore he'd never do it again after that! She is doing it more for the health benefits and less for the weight loss, although that will be a nice bonus!

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Hello honeybuns!

I've started to read your journal, from back to front. Your strolls sound HEAVENLY! And I have to know where you are sitting in your avatar!

My avatar was taken in the Olympic Mountains in Washington State. That was the summit of Mt. Townsend at 6500' elevation. I am fortunate to live very close to those mountains and to the Pacific Ocean. About half an hour to either one of them!

Can anyone tell me how to put a link to my journal in the signature line?

The last few days I have been painting siding purple. REALLY purple. Plum with Ruby purple. I have been painting my shoes, hair, clothing and arms purple as well. I am pleased to report that we are almost done with this part of the project and I can get back to doing other things like figuring out what it will take to get forward motion on weight loss.

Why does society place so much emphasis and importance on what a person weighs, anyway? I have noticed several people posting lately that are at a great weight for their height and they really just want to drop ten pounds. Ten pounds that will move them into an underweight category. "Oh, help me! I am 5'11" and weigh 'OMG' 140 pounds and need to be 130!!!" Get real, ladies. I am 5' 10" and I do not expect that I will ever weigh 135 again. I am gtlad that Paleobird was able to get there but that doesn't mean that every lady who is 5' 10" should weigh 135. So, is it weight loss for health or for vanity??

mommymd is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for your kind words in my journal.

As for the people who want to lose the 10 lbs, I do think it is vanity. I personally don't have a weight loss goal, I'm just pleased that my body has changed with this way of eating, and will be interested to see where I level out in the end. Not sure what your personal goals are, but I skimmed your journal tonight, and I would say that you seem to be living a very healthy, active life. Don't worry about the number on the scale, fuel your body with good food, and marvel at what it will allow you to do.

mommymd

Focusing on a particular number is actually a form of self sabotage, IMHO. Sure, I'd like to weigh 40 pounds less, but if I make that the goal and I am not making significant progress in getting there I will just be getting grumpy all the time. If I say "hey, let's see if I can get rid of a couple of pounds" I will be celebrating a lot! Pennies will eventually become dollars. Right now I would just like to tone up enough to wear the pants that are tucked away. My legs and thighs are cooperating but my hips and butt didn't get the memo, I'm afraid.

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Hmm, I know what you mean. Leaving aside the numbers, do you ever remember with fondness a particular little dress or pair of shorts you would love to get back into?

I still have a few of those items, I should stick them on my fridge, lol!

But yeah it is hard to relate to the desires to which you refer. Oh to have those problems!

Page 52 of 100 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast