Page 51 of 100 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 51

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Here it is. The morning after. Every muscle in my back, neck and shoulder that were pushed to the limit yesterday are making their presence known. Oh, how nice it would be to leave well enough alone and give them a rest day instead of planting that last tree. I really want to have it all behind me, though, so I will keep repeating the mantra of PMA and Almost Done followed by "take that, you bastard!". This is my single biggest bugaboo of the year and I cannot wait until it is over. After that, lazy bum time. And another shower.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

katemary is offline Senior Member
    My arms are sore from carrying a radiator home 200 m! Feeling precious and delaying my body weight exercises. Fit woman!

Carrying a radiator home? Woman, my hat is off to you! Those things are not easy to hold on to, let alone carry!

I got the last stinkin' tree planted yesterday, washed all the mudcaked jeans and hope the mudcaked shoes and boots dry soon so I don't have to hose them off. So glad that chore is behind me!

Went for a three hour RPR this morning. The fog layer did not burn off while we were out there, thank goodness. I'm thinking we went about eight miles. Well, I did, anyway. The dogs easily doubled that with all of the back and forth. I realized that I haven't been able to be consistent with getting out there and traveling any distance since we found out about Deuce's heart. That was January, so between nursing him, getting a new dog, losing him and getting a foster dog I lost six months. I am really curious as to how things will change when I can be consistent with the RPR's again.

I'm going to experiment with making a cookie/bar with hazelnut meal, coconut, butter, coconut oil and egg. If it works it will be a good thing to have in my fanny pack on the longer rambles in case I need a shot of energy. If it works I could possibly add something like dried blueberries or something. I'll keep you all posted on if it works.

Random thoughts ~

Why does it matter what I do for a living? I don't like going to gatherings where I don't know people because the first thing they ask is what do you do for a living or where do you work? What does that have to do with who I am?

Pant sizes vary from person to person. I would be thrilled to be in a 14 again, beyond estatic to be in a 12 again. There are women on this forum who are my same height and are bitching about being in an 8. At 125 pounds I was never less than a 12. Don't make assumptions about someone else based on your own parameters.

Just because I like something and am telling you about it doesn't mean I am asking you to change what YOU like. Diversity is what makes this world so interesting. Forests and mountains call to me. The ocean calls to my husband. I don't expect him to feel the same way I do!

So, if I am in fat-burning mode, why am I not burning any fat? AKA the scale lies.

I'm doing the rollercoaster frustration dance. The scale is up yet again but the fat does not look as lumpy. In fact, it is a whole lot smoother. Now, is that because I have more or because I have less? Really, Mark should not market this as effortless weight loss because for some of us it is anything but! Speaking of butts, my legs and thighs could definitely fit in the next size down but my ass won't yet. Very frustrating as I have lots of the next size down waiting for me.

I think what is confounding me is not knowing if more fat is the answer, if more protein is the answer, eating more, eating less, different ways of moving. I know the middle-aged hormone card is overplayed by some ladies but there is truth to the fact that everything changes when your hormones do. Well, screw that. I am going to fight every step of the way.

I have less gray hair now then I did two years ago. I have photographic evidence to prove it. I have a smaller belly then I did two years ago. Again, photo proof.

Note to self~
    Quit whining about what hasn't happened and celebrate what has!!!

Yesterday we went to visit some very dear friends who love to eat.......all the wrong stuff. The taco salad was wonderful but since I haven't had corn in forever, the glutenfree tortilla chips were not my friend. The dessert was wrong on so many levels but I was not going to be rude when she had taken the time to be sure she had something ready to feed us. Cool Whip, apples, grated snickers Bars. Needless to say I am paying the price today. Heartburn, bloat, post-sugar crash. Can we say learning curve? Big protein breakfast this morning followed by a long RPR should do the trick.

I think I know where I can improve. I have not done any of the Primal exercises as my life fulfills all the requirements. Before throwing my hands up I need to work on fitting those in.

Off to enjoy my day!

Note to any husbands reading this.

When your wife has fallen off the deck and is hanging on with her legs as she is upside down, the proper thing to say is "Are you okay? Let me help you up."

It is not "How could you do something so stupid?!" You would think after 35 years of being married to me he would have learned that a comment like that would just piss me off, especially since he was more concerned about the hose than he was about me.

Grrrrr.............

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Note to any husbands reading this.

When your wife has fallen off the deck and is hanging on with her legs as she is upside down, the proper thing to say is "Are you okay? Let me help you up."

It is not "How could you do something so stupid?!" You would think after 35 years of being married to me he would have learned that a comment like that would just piss me off, especially since he was more concerned about the hose than he was about me.

Grrrrr.............

oh no!

and I agree, it is not effortless weightloss. At all. It makes senseand you get almost immediate benefits from mood stabilisation (after carb flu is over) but sometimes it makes sleep worse and it can be a lot of effort for the 1 or 2 pounds a week, especially when you stack on 5 or 6 with any indiscretion. I don't think it is meant to be easy, which makes it hard to stick to it and make the right decisions every couple of hours...

I wish I could chalk up DH's moment of, shall I say it, stupidity to Friday the 13th. Whatever. It could be something else was bothering him and that is what came out. I had to go on an RPR until I wasn't supremely pissed at him any more.

Last night we had a mega thunderstorm, which we do not get hardly ever, stall out right above the house. It turns out that Moose, our latest, is deathly afraid of thunder so he spent most of the night on the bed with us. Of course he isn't one to curl up neatly and politely at the foot of the bed but rather lay between us sideways. Moose is a very tall, very leggy 90 pounder and takes up a lot of real estate. Now I know why they say big dogs are the best form of birth control. At least we got a significant rainfall from the storm last night and I won't have to scramble around frantically watering today.

One of these days I'll figure out how to eat in such a way that I'll own the positive results that others see. Much as I'd rather not, it might be time to consider tracking calories, fat and protein.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    We have a doggy house guest this week, which makes for three dachshunds. The other night as my honey tried to crawl into bed, it felt like there were dachshunds EVERYWHERE. How do such little animals take up so much space? I can only imagine what a space hog Moose is.

Page 51 of 100 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast