Page 50 of 100 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 50

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thank you so much, Cheryl! I end up going much further than planned when I am just plain having a good time exploring and forget that I still have to make it back to the car!

The man who hikes with me, my kindred spirit, the man who introduced me to this way of life is having some major medical crap going on lately. To the point that he actually didn't do his solo, soul restoring, wrap his head around it mountain/forest ramble on Sunday. This is huge and tells me how bad off he is. CRAP, CRAP, CRAP!!! We did find a paleo doctor locally prior to this and his appointment is next week.
    I took the bums out on a ramble yesterday and Moose, our newest member, has forgotten that it is his job to watch me. It is funny to watch him when I hide behind a bush and he runs back and forth, back and forth trying to find me. Funnier yet is when the other dog hides with me and just watches him. She doesn't tip him off, surprisingly enough. This particular ramble we ended up in bushes almost as tall as I am so way over the dogs heads. Thank goodness I have them in orange collars and vests or I would have lost them!!

Have a happy and safe Independence Day, everyone!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    You know, I need to stop thinking like a responsible adult and start thinking like a kid again.

Growing up is highly overrated.
    Yes!

Paleobird Guest
    I hope your hiking buddy is feeling better soon. Dogs do make a good adjunct to human companionship. I adore my mutt. I call him the Primal Wolf Cub. Dogs are one of the best ways to help us silly humans to remember to play.

Hi, Paleobird!

Moose is all about play! I can throw the ball for him until he is literally out of breath and just wants to lay down. Half an hour later he is right back at it. RPR's are good for him because it completely and thoroughly wears him out.......until he wakes up!

My dogs are both grainfree by default. Allergies, allergies, allergies. Guess they can be considered Primal as well!!

Paleobird Guest
    Since I put the Wolf Cub on a grain free kibble everyone has been commenting on how shiny his fur is looking. He also gets lots of cooking scraps and leftovers. I call him my portion control coach. You know when you have that last little bit that you really don't want but it's not enough to put away so you end up eating it? He is standing there happy to solve that problem for me. And his tongue is the pre-wash cycle for the dinner dishes and pans. Makes doing the dishes a lot easier.

He loves going on long backcountry hikes with me but I don't think he realizes that I do it for the exercise and fresh air. For him it is all about the hunt. He loves chasing squirrels, gophers, lizards, etc.

A tired dog is a happy dog for sure. Primal Wolf Cub is very lucky that you like to get out and about.

Wish I could use mine for portion control. We're still trying to figure out who is allergic to what. Eggs give Moose big boils between his pads, chicken makes Tabi chew her feet until they are raw..............one thing at a time. They love grubbing on berries with me when we are out hiking and we are just coming up on blackberry season. We try to get to them before the bears do.

Exercise is as exercise does. Also known as don't discount every day things as exercise.

Yesterday I spent a few hours deep cleaning the very filthy carpets. Carpet cleaning machines , rented or owned, are a lot of work! Not the best way to celebrate Independence Day, but they are no longer disgusting. Today was burn pile day. They haven't shut down burning yet as we've been very cool and wet. Two days ago we had major downpours. Burn piles at my house are constant exercise of restocking the fuel supply, pushing the partially burned stuff into the center......I earn my shower, believe me. Mowed the shaggy front yard with a push mower AGAIN. The combination of wet and (now) warm temperatures have things growing like crazy. I was never more glad to see the end of the day, my shower and my wine. Tomorrow? No rest for the wicked! I still have half a dozen REALLY large trees to plant and that is tomorrow's focus. I am so thankful that I have good back muscles, even if they are making their presence known.

I am truly not a girly-girl. I came to this realization as I was standing in a swamp digging a hole to put my tree in and the water was oozing up into my tennies. Stinky, smelly swamp. I did get three of the six monster trees planted today, had one heck of a workout and THOROUGHLY enjoyed my shower! With any luck I can get the other three planted tomorrow. Once those are done, it will be a great weight lifted off of my shoulders. I still have many, many things left to plant but none of the remaining ones are over four feet. Fifteen foot trees are not only heavy but trying to get them in the hole is like wrestling an octopus.

I can truthfully say that in all of my many years of hard work, this is the very first time that sweat was dripping off my brow, nose and wherever else. I know I have worked much harder than this before and never had it happen. I got two of the three remaining trees planted and, believe me, it was a bitch. Wet, heavy, mucky clay soil doesn't shovel easy, especially when you run across drainage pipe and rock that was installed 40 years ago. I am all done in. The shower was wonderful, the adult beverage is wonderful, not shoveling or wrestling trees is beyond wonderful. One more tomorrow and then I will reward myself by hand tying a baby quilt I'm making for my cousin's first child. After a spoilygirl day, I get to jump right in to painting our new siding purple. Well, Deep Aubergine, anyway.

Today's RPR was short but oh, so sweet. Since we didn't have much time we headed down a steep ravine. Negotiating a deep duff layer over rotting logs all the way to the bottom is fine. Getting back to the top is nothing but good hard work, especially for the bums! I've had to massage their muscles a few times today. We had a blast, though!

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That sounds tough! Great work out... I'll bet the shower and sleep was great!

Page 50 of 100 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast