Page 5 of 100 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 5

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Fingers are crossed! I'm too stubborn to let anything keep me down for long. When I had a broken arm I was still carrying 60 pound bags of concrete. DH forgot it was broken because I didn't milk it. My sis thought should have taken full advantage of the situation. Maybe this time I should.

Family reunion this weekend. Wearing the clothes that show how much skinnier I feel, taking primal food so there is something for me to eat. Side note to anyone going to a potluck gathering. Get something from the deli section rather than bags and bags of potato chips. It does not take any longer!

Yesterday was the family reunion for my father's side of the family. The food choices were really not that bad. Lots of fruit, not too many bad choices but not enough good ones. The family reunion for my mother's side of the family is this next weekend and I'll be sure that I bring THE GOOD STUFF.

Positive things from yesterday? My cousin noticed my absence of belly fat and is going Primal. My sister, when she found out that protein equals energy, decided that she is going Primal. My nephew, who managed to avoid the Freshman 15 with lots of lifting, has been researching on MDA and is developing a plan to utilize Primal!! Way to go, team!

I caught all kinds of grief from another cousin when he found out I still climb trees. He had no good answer as to why when a woman my age (52) is rock climbing or mountain climbing everyone says good for her, but me climbing trees is considered strange. Well, I'm not stopping any time soon!

Random thoughts.

Posture makes a huge difference in self esteem. When I'm standing tall and walking proud I look and feel great. When I am not paying attention and I'm slumping my mental state tends to the negative and my body looks like I haven't tried to improve anything.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    I caught all kinds of grief from another cousin when he found out I still climb trees. He had no good answer as to why when a woman my age (52) is rock climbing or mountain climbing everyone says good for her, but me climbing trees is considered strange. Well, I'm not stopping any time soon!
    you are my hero! Im 41 but want to get to the rock climbing stage someday
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Random thoughts.

Posture makes a huge difference in self esteem. When I'm standing tall and walking proud I look and feel great. When I am not paying attention and I'm slumping my mental state tends to the negative and my body looks like I haven't tried to improve anything.
    +1
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to hear about the tumours, that is not great as you sound so enthusiastic.

Your scrambles sound great, I might give it a go. any tips? do you cook veg and meat then add egg or just chuck everthing in the egg mix?

Snow shoeing sounds awesome too. I am envious of your environment, it sounds amazing.

Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery
    Last edited by katemary; 08-01-2011 at 06:59 AM. Reason: too many awesomes...!

Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    you are my hero! Im 41 but want to get to the rock climbing stage someday
    Do not ever let anyone say you shouldn't, or that you can't, especially if they base it on your age. If you want to do it, by all means go for it! I'll be your cheering section.

Quote Originally Posted by katemary View Post
    Your scrambles sound great, I might give it a go. any tips? do you cook veg and meat then add egg or just chuck everthing in the egg mix?
    Scrambles are the easiest thing in the world to make. I usually melt butter in a skillet and saute the veggies first. When they are just about done add the meat. In the meantime, mix the eggs in a bowl. I like them with a splash of half and half, a little grated cheese and seasoning salt. When the meat is done, pour the eggs in, stir it all together and let it start to cook. LOW heat keeps the eggs from getting rubbery. Stir or turn the egg mixture for more even cooking. When the eggs are just about done you can top with diced tomato.

This is a highly adaptable recipe. When I started making them I was a bit too heavy to the veggies. It does not take much.

Random thoughts on exercise..........

I am a great fan of non-conventional exercise. At the family reunion, for example, I was playing airplane with four or five of the kids. You know the one. Lay flat on your back, put the child's chest on the soles of your feet and boost them in the air. Lift them up and down and up and down........boy, was I popular and my legs and butt got a good workout. I found out later that the kid who took the most airplane rides was 60 pounds! Hee haw is another version. This is where you lie flat on your back with your knees bent, lay the child across the tops of your lower legs with their butt on the tops pf your feet. Swing them up in the air and yell HEEHAW!!!! SO MUCH FUN!

Yesterday's RPR was all about scrambling up and down over logs, branches, across ravines and generally problem solving at a steep angle over obstacles, usually uphill. Downhill is easy compared to going back up! i was so glad that my leg muscles were strong.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Random thought on body image..........

When I stepped out of the shower this morning I saw all of myself in the mirror and it wasn't pretty. I have been so pleased that my belly fat is down that I have not looked at other parts of my body. When I did that this morning I felt myself getting really discouraged about how much further I have to go. SOMEBODY SLAP ME, PLEASE!!! Why am I dwelling on the negative instead of focusing on the positive? I need to look at where I have come from, not where I want to get to. I'll be there eventually!! In the meantime, primal eating is second nature now, DH no longer has energy crashes and is making better food choices, our grocery bill is way down and I have energy to burn. The last will come in real handy climbing the Olympic Mountains this fall. I have a dynamic personality and am a glass half full sort of person.
    So important not to let yourself get into a negative mindset because it is very hard to drag yourself out of it. All you want to do is wallow in it!

Page 5 of 100 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast