Page 49 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 49

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Random thoughts~

Why do the people in my neighborhood with postage stamp lawns need to use a riding lawnmower to cut it?
    First of all, the lawns are just not that big. Second of all, most of them need the exercise of a pushmower. I only use my riding mower to haul the cart around any more. It actually takes less time to cut the lawn (and mine isn't small) with the pushmower.

What is wrong with turning my front lawn/yard into edible landscaping?? Better to do it out there where my dogs won't trample it. A man that I used to work with moved into a nice subdivision and promptly turned his lawn into a very productive garden. The neighbors complained until they started to benefit from the bounty of that yard. Now several in the neighborhood have turned their front yards into gardens.

Alcohol tolerance? It was a lot better even a month ago. I could drink a couple glasses of wine and not feel it. Now? Halfway through one glass I am loopy!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Okay, after a year plus of doing this, I pretty much have the foods dialed in, although I can be better about the cheats. It's not like I was really wanting those things anyway. (Leave bag open on counter, hand dives in. Repeat.) That being said, this year's focus will be more on toning. My life already follows the principles of Primal Fitness but there are specific areas that I can put more emphasis on. My muscles are still there but not near as toned as when I was stacking hay bales, splitting and stacking firewood, doing pitchfork and shovel work...........I am not afraid of hard work. I do, in fact, celebrate that this marvelous creation that is my body is capable of doing so many different things.

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Good idea! I remeber some old debate on here how people relish their 20% cheat for crappy food, but Mark suggests that for all his "rules". I keep reminding myself food is only one component, I still have to get the sleep, get the play, do the sprints.

Hey - who would object to an edible garden? Sounds like a fabulous idea, wish I had a yard..

Went up in the hills for a slightly longer RPR yesterday. It was sorely needed as DH was the middle car of a three car pileup the day before and we spent some time in the emergency room that night. Fortunately he wasn't more badly hurt but he has muscle spasms and is incredibly sore. Is it all men or just mine that thinks they can still do whatever they want after an event like that?

Back to the RPR. Cool, cloudy, breezy, a hint of mist. Just the way I like it best. With every step I could feel myself getting calmer and calmer. My energy levels could have been better but I usually go up right after a high protein meal and this time I didn't. I love the getaway from reality and being in the middle of hundreds of acres of forested hills and having it all less than a mile from home rather than having to drive sixty miles to get to it!

Maybe today I'll finally get some of those big trees planted. I love the shovel work of digging the hole, the muscles I use getting the plant into the hole and how good I feel afterwards. One of these days, though, I need to finish sealing the grout on the tub so I can take a nice long, hot soak afterwards. P-R-O-C-R-A-S-T-I-N-A-T-I-O-N

How I view the 20% rule isn't "I can eat like crap 20% of the time" but "if you don't be 100%, don't beat yourself up about it". How you translate it will directly correspond to how successful you are.

I've been a bit lax lately. I admit it. I am not perfect. While i am not seeing an increase in scale weight, I am feeling pudgier and am bloated much more. So not a good tradeoff. This time last year, even though I weighed more than I do now, my stomach was much flatter. I think my mistake this year was not scaling back the food I eat when my activity level went down. Now that I am at a place where I can increase my activity level again I hope to see some changes.

Gosh, glad DH is okay. That would be terrifying.

I find I can be strict 100% for two weeks and lose 4kg, but badone weekend and it is allback on. Bad more than aday or two (and hell, I am talking SAD here, not binging) and I stack in on. So, my yoyo primal existence has seen me put on 15kg in a year...scary.

gotta love procrastination!

The scale is inching downward this week. What have I done different? A couple of short RPR's. More exercise but not near enough. Ate a couple of salads. Again, not enough. Had ice cream four nights running (must stop this!). More calories? Drank at least 64 ounces of liquid during the day. This is the biggest change and the one I think has caused the weight reduction. I am now where I was prior to the surgery in November. Last week I was four pounds heavier. I am going to continue with the liquids (and cut out the ice cream) for another week and see where I am at. If I continue downward then I continue the liquids. Plain water is boring, so I have been brewing four cups of whatever tea bag I have been ignoring in the cupboard and then add the equivalant amount of plain water. If I put it in the fridge I don't even think about it so I leave it on the counter with a glass right next to it. Funny thing. Through the course of a day it disappears! It also keeps me from reaching for something to nibble on when I am between chores.

I'll keep you posted!

Iced tea, good idea! I keep a jug of water on my desk and drink without noticing.

ummm, icecream. hmmm. !

You know, I need to stop thinking like a responsible adult and start thinking like a kid again. It was nothing, as a kid, to hop on my bike and ride the three miles into town. As an adult, I jump in the car. As a kid, as long as there was daylight I was outside. As an adult I plop my butt in the recliner right after dinner. As a kid I was free to be me. As an adult I have to think about how others perceive me. As a kid there was no snacking between meals and I wasn't constantly hungry (of course I ate really good meals when I was a kid). As an adult, prior to MDA it was packing snacks for a twenty mile drive. So lame.

Growing up is highly overrated.

RestlessLegs is online now Junior Member
    I've been spending some time reading your journal this morning. I am also an avid hiker, so it has been fun reading about your hikes, as well as your primal journey. You look great in your photo, BTW - and what a gorgeous background. I absolutely LOVE hiking. I belong to several hiking groups and do a mid-week evening hike with them, then usually pick and choose from the various weekend hikes. I recently did 13 miles of the Tahoe Rim Trail - which was gorgeous. And I am signed up to do 22 miles in August. I'll need to do some training for that one, as I haven't hiked more than 15 miles in one day, so far. And I know what you mean about having a good Primal breakfast before a hike - it makes a big difference in endurance. Keep up the good work and know you have a fellow hiker cheering you on!

Page 49 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast