Page 46 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 46

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Oooh..........a stalker! I never thought about that! Katemary, you've always been supportive.

I have noticed several people live in my area, give or take a couple of hundred miles. Maybe I'll start stalking them.

DH was gone yesterday and instead of celebrating the fact that I finally had a day to myself I allowed myself to start wallowing in self pity. I HATE WHEN I DO THAT!! Once I put some tunes on I was okay, but before that I had to whine on my journal a little bit.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Or maybe just those who frequent the net at the same time, regardless where you are!

Sorry you had a bad day. You needed to put on the music really loud and dance around with your hairbrush pretending to be a pop star!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Lots of people are just readers, and not posters. I do post, but only if I feel like I have something pertinent to say. And that someone else hasn't already said. How many times, after all, do you want to have 'that sounds so delicious!' posted on your page? (My limit is once. )
    But, it is nice to have the validation of people posting back at you on your journal.
    Do you ever keep track of how many views you are getting? (I confess it, I do.) That way you know that people are reading, so it can give you a boost.

Oh, Sabine, I think I was having a pity party moment. PMS (poor me syndrome). I am glad to know that you are still reading, though. Just slap me up the side of the head and tell me to get over it.

I went to a Father's Day barbeque at the home of some very good friends who have done Weight Watchers multiple times and have always gained the weight back. They have been invited to Hawaii in December and do not want to go looking the way they do now. I have talked to them about Primal before but they weren't ready until yesterday to learn more about it. Now, because of what I was able to show them on MDA in the success stories and what we now know about DH's arteries, the wife really wants to give it a go. She even ordered the 21 Day Transformation while I was there. The husband, on the other hand, who had been career Air Force, was iffy until he heard that DH now weighs less than he did in the Air Force. That combined with Unconquerable Dave's success story and he is on board now. Their friends who were there were somewhat interested until I mentioned bacon, heavy cream, fried chicken.......now THEY are all over it! They even have their own hens for pastured eggs.
    Time will tell if they'll stick with it. I did make them pull something out of the cupboard and do a label reading exercise. After the third thing with a long list of unpronounceable ingredients, my friend commented that the food industry is trying to kill us!! After all, shouldn't sunflower seeds be just that? The jar she had in the cupboard had at least twelve ingredients listed!!!

I'm off to bake a spice cake from Purely Primal. Cross your fingers!

So, the spice cake was not a keeper, in my book. Oh, I'll let DH nibble on it as much as he wants but I threw out the first attempt. The second attempt was better but not where I want it to be.

I now have about four pounds of bacon precooked and in the freezer. The house smells fantastic. DH will be getting home late tonight and does not want me feeding the dogs because of the unpredictabilty of foster dog. When this happened the other night the dogs were so hungry before he got home that I sacrificed a couple of carrots and a head of lettuce just so they would have something to munch on. Tonight I took three long, hollow marrow bones, coated them in bacon grease and stuffed them with cheese. Just when they think they can't go any further, I'll give them those bones to work on and they'll leave me alone!

Can I have one of those marrow bones? They sound delicious: marrow, bacon, cheese, what's not to love!

katemary is offline Senior Member
    How did the cake go?

Oh, and....slap!

I never have tasted marrow but I hear it is delicious. In your honor, Sabine, I will create a dish of marrow, bacon and cheese and share it with the Primal world!

I am not giving up on a primal spice cake, but it won't be the recipe I used. Two attempts and both ended up in the garbage. Maybe I'll explore using coconut flour instead of the almond. Oh! I'll do a search for glutenfree spice cake and see what kind of flours they use.

The foster dog leaves today. YAY! In one way I'll miss her as she can be so affectionate but in another way it will be good to have my dogs calm and relaxed again. Now I get to retrain my youngest dog to not terrorize the older dog. Bad habit he picked up from foster dog.

One of the people I spoke to last weekend about Primal dove in headfirst and isn't looking back. She is now reading labels of what she has in the cupboard and is shocked about how everything seems to have sugar in it. Her husband, who was a doubting Thomas, is really enjoying the meals they've been eating. She and I have been chatting back and forth on Facebook and she is full of questions. I can't wait for the day when she notices her clothes getting looser!

Oh. Oh, oh, oh. Bring it on!

OMG!! I just got a message from the friend that started her Primal journey on Sunday. She weighed herself on Monday, hasn't cheated once and here, four days later, is down four pounds! She is stoked and given that kind of positive return I'm pretty confident she'll be sticking with it.

My happy thing for the day? Last week I was 188 naked. Today I am 188.6 fully clothed WITH HEAVY SHOES ON!! That means I am back to the weight I was before my surgery! I don't expect it to last as DH bought us almond M&M's after we dropped off the foster dog and had a three hour drive home. Darn it! If I could see them, I was eating them! Stuck them in my purse and didn't notice them after that. I'm not even calling it a cheat. I am calling it a BAD decision.

Page 46 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast