Page 45 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 45

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    That's a relief, all toes and fingers crossed for her. Poor thing, a splenectomy on top of being spayed. Is she ok? I feel bad for pets, humans undergo massive procedures and can articulate their pain and get analgesia and animals...no.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Well, right now she is hassling my other dogs big time so I'm thinking she's not feeling too bad. Too much of this, though, and she'll be getting more pain meds! Tests came back and it was totally noncancerous so she'll go to her new home later this week.

We were at my sister's house yesterday and I came home with three dozen organic, free range, pastured chicken eggs! I offered to pay for them and they wouldn't let me!! SCORE!!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Got back from dropping off the foster dog. Things seemed to be going okay. Two hour drive home. Phone call from the adopter ONE HOUR after we left saying it wasn't going to work!!! Aaaaghh!! I am just a volunteer! Call the head of the rescue, not me! Wonder what happened in such a short time?

Oh no! Maybe they found out she was spleen-less and uterus-less and they wanted a "full" dog

Strange.

Oh, the saga of this foster dog. I will never foster again.

Lets see if I can share some good news with you.

My Park ranger friend who discovered Primal and Paleo is now a railroad cop. She works for BNSF and still summits mountains every week for fun and adventure. She is a little bit of a thing. Part of the interview process for that position with BNSF is a strength test. She aced it!! No problems meeting their requirements. Climbing mountains she has a much more steady energy level. No more highs and lows.

Great news on DH's latest heart test. Keep in mind that he had a heart attack due to high cholesterol and plaque buildup seven years ago.
    His arteries are COMPLETELY NORMAL!!! No sign of plaque AT ALL!! Now, if I could just convince him to go off the statins. I'll do some research on that. He'll take some convincing.

Oh, did I mention that he now weighs what he weighed in high school almost 50 years ago? SWEET!!
    Last edited by honeybuns; 06-14-2012 at 09:51 AM.

awesome re test results! how long has he been primal? he must be healthier now than most men in their 30s!

What is BNSF? And why doesn't she want to stay a ranger, that sounds like a cool job.

Get to the bottom of what the foster dog did wrong?

Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railroad. Quite a mouthful, huh? No wonder they shortened it. It was not her choice to stop being a Ranger. The famous budget cutbacks struck and she had less seniority than others. She does LOVE her new job and gets to travel so much more than she did as a Ranger. She is the lady who took the picture that is my avatar at the top of a 6500' mountain.

DH has figured out that he no longer has an excuse not to exercise so we took the dog on a short loop around the neighborhood. He has been loosely Primal for a year. I can't get him to give up crackers and dessert but he doesn't eat them near as frequently. My brother made comment at the wedding how young DH was for his age, that most 66 year olds are sporting a big gut or are in a wheelchair.

The foster dog has something going on post-surgery. She hated the woman who was adopting her. maybe something from her past as the lady was a smoker. She also got aggressive with me and she has been nothing but a sweetheart for six weeks so I don't know what is going on.

I've been perusing the recipes on Purely Primal and I see so many that I'll be making. Beef and Bacon Fritatta for breakfast this morning!

Foster dog will be going to live with a behaviorist on Thursday so they can get to the bottom of her Jekyll and Hyde actions so she will be adoptable. I cannot wait to have my home, my life and my happy dogs back. Never again. Grey dog and I are going for a long drive to visit friends tomorrow while the hubby stays home with the other two. She needs to be with dogs she feels safe with, I need some kickback time where I am not constantly monitoring. What a great man I married to be aware that I needed that and make the offer.

The beef and bacon frittata was a win-win keeper recipe. I ended up making and baking it last night for breakfast this morning before DH hit the road and it reheated remarkably well. Good to have one of those recipes on hand.

I MISS EXPLORING.

Sometimes I feel like I am all alone in here. Oh, occasionally someone will comment on something I've said but I've noticed that other journals have a very loyal following. Is it because I don't dwell on the negative? Do I piss people off?

Lonely is not a good feeling.

Hey honeybuns, don't feel lonely! I don't always sign in but I hope I am being supportive! I don't know the answer but I like reading your journal and I think you lead an interesting life. Better than my journal where I just list my meals and exercise (if I ever do any). I guess it depends if you keep your journal to just record stuff (like me - I don't want it lying around in paper form, esp my weight etc) or if you actively want to have a gang of friends on here. For what its worth, when I was on here years ago what I noticed is that you tend to "hang out" with the people who log on the same time. So the aussies and NZ who log on at work are all around at same time with presumably those from the UK who log on at night etc and you tend to get to know each other through real time responses and jokes etc. Anyway, don't be discouraged...who is around when you usually log on? Find the ones who think the same way and stalk them!! xx

Page 45 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast