Page 44 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 44

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thanks, Katemary! It isn't everybody's idea of a cool life but it is mine and I love it.

It is pouring down rain this morning. I had to scrub the canopy on the trailer as we are taking it in to be consigned today and there were some mildew issues.
    No problem, I won't be out there that long. No need to put on raingear and boots. Mix up a bucket of bleach water and scrub with long handled brush. Need to let it sit for the bleach to do its thing. Hey, while I am waiting I'll get the tall stepladder and clean out the gutters and downspouts. Done. I'll bet I can get on the roof from this ladder and scrub the pollen off of the five skylights. Done. Hmmm...still some mildew stains. Scrub the awning again. What can I do while I'm waiting??? I'll wash the car! It won't be perfect but it will be better! Done. FINALLY the awning looks like new. Rinse it all off again. Hmmmm......I am more than just a little wet. Maybe it is time to go inside for a while. Ten AM? Coffee and fire time!

Wouldn't you know that it stopped raining after that??
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Geez! Where have I been and what have I been doing?!!

We took the foster dog into get spayed today only to find that she has a tumor of some sort growing in her abdomen. CRAP. We had a person all ready to adopt her and we were going to deliver her this week and our dogs could go back to their normal routine. Now we won't find out for a couple of days if we are dealing with cancer. CRAP.CRAP. CRAP. On so many levels.

As for me, the days I remember to eat additional protein it is great. When I fall into a rut and forget, not so great. The pants are getting looser and the scale has not budged.

There is a girl at my local butcher shop that I talked to about Primal last year. A couple times this year she asked "what was that website again?" Last week she made me write it down. Told me it was for her mother. Today she told me she ordered the e-book for herself and was asking me lots of questions. I'll go back when she isn't as busy so I can help her to understand to take it slow. Small successes, right? My hiking buddy made an appointment with a doctor in the area that believes in Primal/Paleo! YES!!

katemary is offline Senior Member
    oh no! poor pup, that is sad...fingers and toes crossed for her.

ummm.yes...introducing someone at the BUTCHER to primal.....oh yes, lets hope she thanks you with immense amounts of dead animal!

Since I never write down what I eat I thought I'd try it this morning.

Yesterday. Hmmm....can I remember yesterday?

Breakfast was a scramble of eggs, smoked sausages, mushrooms, pepper, green onions, carrots and parsnip with a tiny bit of potato. All cooked in butter, of course.

Apple and cheddar
    2 scrambled eggs

Dinner was hamburger patty cooked in butter with a fried egg on top, cottage cheese, greek yogurt with raspberries.
    Apple pie and ice cream

Now, before the purists take it in their heads to question the apple pie and ice cream, I'd just like to say that I made the pie with coconut sugar and the ice cream had no weird ingredients.

I do need to get more fluids and vegetables, don't I? The funny thing is that upping my quantity of food and protein has started a chain reaction. No more lumpy fat anywhere and my fat collecting spots are getting smaller.

Isn't it hard to adjust one macronutrient without feeling like something else is missing?

Meh, to vegetables. Meat and eggs are better than pizza, so...

How do you make the pie? I was just contemplating baked apple, cinnamon and cream because I feel like apple pie!

This time I cheated and used a regular pie crust. There is no reason you couldn't just make the filling and bake it that way.

I sliced some Braeburn apples, sprinkled them with coconut sugar, cinnamon and arrowroot flour and baked. If you use one of the sweeter apples you don't use as much sugar. The cool thing about using alternative and unrefined sugars is that you use far less quantity than you would using refined sugars.

Yesterday my hiking buddy and I explored abandoned logging roads within a couple miles of his home. Abandoned to the point of having to crawl over, under and through many trees that had blown down. It made us feel like we were ten years old again. Once we got through the massive debris field we followed game trails down to a creek, scrambled up the other side, meandered here and there........some really serious exploring. Somehow we ended up back at the car without ever retracing a single step. My canine hiking companion, Tabi, did so much jumping over and crawling under and traveling in vegetation way over her head that I'm surprised she had the energy for the second part of the jaunt which was finding out how one logging road connected with another, and another, and another. This was her first trip of any distance and she stuck right with us. The best part is that my hiking bud now knows that he can follow this network of logging roads from his home all the way into town which is a few miles away.

Before my hysterectomy in November I was at 184. After they took the giant tumor out? It went up and up and up to 193. Added more protein and got it back to 188 where I have stalled for a while. Yesterday? 187.5 yay!! This morning? 185.7!!!! YES! Maybe the hormonal influence is finally settling down. I hope so. It is really frustrating to walk miles and miles and have it not make any sort of difference. Do all this heavy lifting that is a part of my life and not have anything change.

STAY TUNED.

Last night I attended my nephew's wedding. So much fun and so good to see them so happy!

My cousin, my niece and my brother all asked what we were doing to stay so energetic and healthy. If even one of them follows through on checking out MDA it will be a good thing. My brother, who lives in Manhattan, told us that his cholesterol was not so good at his last appointment and his cardiologist challenged him to cut out all animal products for a month. YIKES!!! I am sending him my copy of Primal Blueprint along with a list of Paleo doctors in New York City. I am also going to let him know in an accompanying letter of all the positive changes it has brought to us along with the decrease in my hubby's cholesterol.

Breakfast this morning was delicious!

You should send him the Griff cholesterol primer too. Maybesneak a copy to the cardiologist too!

How did the stray go with the tumour?

PrimalCon New York
    The initial biopsy showed noncancerous so we took her to the vet that the rescue uses to have a spleenectomy and to be spayed. Right now we are awaiting the pathologist report on the spleen and tumor. It was the size of a grapefruit and the poor dog is just not that big! If she comes back clean we'll take her to her new home later this week. Fingers crossed!! Once she is gone we can get back to our schedule of RPR's.

Page 44 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast