Page 43 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 43

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    The scale is back up (temporarily) but eating more protein has the subcutaneous fat diminishing. It is so nice not t look lumpy and bumpy like I was. I'm thinking that eating more protein has got me in a fat burning stage. I'll take it.

Yesterday and the day before have been nose to the grindstone and as long as the nice weather is here, it will continue to be so. 8 hours of weeding and spreading compost Tuesday, burning and mowing yesterday, planting several big trees today and tomorrow. Saturday I'll be digging up big rhodies with the man who got me into this. One of these days I'll have to stop and shovel out the house. Sunday?? I did hit an energy slump yesterday as I had expended more energy than my high protein breakfast provided. I scrambled and ate three eggs and I was good to go again.

The rescue dog is here and is keeping Moose occupied. She came into season the day before we picked her up. GREAT. Learning a new dog, keeping three of them occupied while we do things, teaching the new one manners.......she'll just be a foster, I'm thinking.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Okay, I am already feeling it and it is only noon!

Sometimes I wonder if anyone reading my journal finds it interesting or if it is just a case of "ho hum, here she goes again". I think I lead an interesting life, even if it is an atypical one. My sister gave me a pink sparkly bucket in an attempt to girlify me. So, what is so wrong with who I am??

Yesterday I planted three big trees, today I positioned six more to be planted. We are talking 15' or better. I move them, I dig the holes, I plant them. LHT has been satisfied. I'll be glad when these are in the ground as I have been avoiding them for a couple of years now. I won't know what to do when I only have small plants left to put in the ground. Oh, wait, I do know. GO SHOPPING!!
    I've been battling blackberries and have a lot of scratches on my arms. You know what? I AM WINNING!!!

My shower was fabulous, the drink waiting for me when I got out was fabulous. I just need a half naked cabana boy to cook and serve me dinner followed by an allover body rub. Oh, heck. I'll settle for a foot rub and leftovers.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I LOVE reading your journal. No 'ho hum's here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    I LOVE reading your journal. No 'ho hum's here.

Yay!!! I have a groupie!!

This morning was spent digging up a dozen twelve foot tall rhodies and sending them home with my buddy. Fortunately he knows all the backroads between his place and mine because they were all standing upright in the back of a small pickup. I told him he should hang a sign on it that says "Happy Mother's Day"! He just let me know they survived the trip beautifully and he is, without a doubt, planting them right now.
    Since today has been largely a kickback day for me I have committed myself to getting three large trees planted tomorrow. As my reward I just might plant a small one, too~

My uncle was diagnosed this week with pancreatic cancer. Three or four days later, he is dead. I really feel for my cousin as she is such a Daddy's girl. I am glad he went suddenly instead of declining for the next year that they told him he might have. I hope that when my time is up it is sudden.
    Last edited by honeybuns; 05-12-2012 at 07:10 PM.

It has been TDH (too damn hot) for me the last couple of days. I just do not do the high 70's. Those temps with high humidity make me wilt. I have been a total lazy bum holding down the lawn chair and trying not to be frustrated about getting nothing done. Later this week we'll be in the high 50's, low 60's again and I'll be making up for it.

Yesterday was eight hours of hands and knees, ass in the air weeding at my sister's house. She doesn't have little, cute weeds, not at all. Some of the nastiest running grasses and the prickliest thistles. Come to think of it, I was doing a lot of it standing up and bending over. I must have pushed the fully laden wheelbarrow to the chicken yard at least seven times. This morning I feel it. Today just might be a "stay inside and catch up on everything" day instead of a "get everything in the ground" day.

Nothing wrong with wanting to be a girl once in a while.

NOTHING got done inside today. I opted instead to take the dogs on an RPR. SO the right decision! Foster dog loved it but wore out way quicker than mine did. Got back from that and did the grocery rounds. Butcher shop, farm stand, natural foods store.........we are restocked.

Tonight's dinner is one of my favorites. Kale sauteed in bacon and onion with cubed chicken thighs. OH YUM!!!

So glad the weekend is behind us. DH wanted to sell off some of his car stuff at a swapmeet this weekend and loving wife that I am went to be his support team. He does sell more when I am at the booth with him. I was smart and packed a cooler with primal foods and lots of liquids. It was nice to not have to stand in line to buy crap food to eat. All in all it was worth it. I was shocked to find that we made a grand! The money is nice, less junk in his shop is even nicer!!

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I like your journal, even if I don't frequently comment! I read the forums during day but save posting for after I have finshed my meals, which probably saves me from weighing in with every thought that passes my mind!

I also think your life is very interesting, much more interesting than slogging away at the office all day...

Pic of rescue dog? ( or the half naked cabana boy!)

Page 43 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast