Page 42 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 42

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    When we travel, which is infrequently, there is a place we like to stay that has a breakfast buffet. We have come to realize over time that there really isn't much for the primal/paleo person to eat. Eggs, maybe fruit. The last time we were there we bought ready cooked bacon at the store so we would have some source of protein. When I was at Costco the other day they had a big package of cooked bacon. I picked it up, put it in the cart, thought about it and chastised myself for almost paying really good money for something that is so simple to do at home. Bought uncooked bacon and have just taken the first cooked batch out of the oven, ready for us to take with us on Wednesday.Now, if I can only keep from eating it before then......
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Just seeing if my profile pic actually posted this time.

Guess not. Wonder what I am doing wrong.

PamBam is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Just seeing if my profile pic actually posted this time.

Guess not. Wonder what I am doing wrong.
    Try putting the pic under "avatar" instead of profile pic.
    5'10" HW 264 (9/15/2011) PSW 238 (4/9/2012) CW 231 GW 165

Well, duh.

Okay, I'm off to do that now. Thanks!

Random thoughts.............haven't done those in a while.

Houses should be self cleaning so there is more time for play. Better yet, DH can clean! (never happen)

Being retired doesn't mean that I have nothing to do. I am actually wondering where I ever found the time to work. Being retired doesn't mean I have lots of money, just a lot less stress.

I really do not miss the foods I used to eat pre-primal so why can't I make a clean break for the holidays?

Today's RPR will be a long one. I really love poking in corners. The joy of discovery and the challenges of the terrain make it not drag. Four hours? Flies right by.

I have no idea how far we went but I just want to say that flat level ground just cannot give you the same kind of workout I get on these RPR's.
    I'm tired, I feel the muscles I used and the dogs are flat out and snoring. I don't think they will object too much to sleeping at the kennel for a couple of days.

I have been trying to fight off being very, very discouraged. I should NEVER have looked in the mirror after I got out of the shower. I was feeling great up until then. Where in the heck did all these pockets of fat come from?? I have never had them before, even when I weighed 25 pounds moreI realize I am probably not getting enough protein so three days ago I started having a couple of scrambled eggs as a snack along with my meals. It is early days yet but the scale is dropping. I'll continue this for a while and see if the trend continues.
    Power mowing of the yards today. Living in a rainy climate the grass gets VERY long before the first break in the spring. WAHOO!! It dried off this afternoon so I pulled out the trusty walk behind mower (can we say exercise?) and did a speed mow before the next rain shower. My lawn looks like a plush carpet now and I have earned the right to sit down.
    Yesterday's RPR was in the pouring down rain because Moose was driving me crazy. Puppies, no matter how big they are, were not designed to just lay around! We all got totally soaked but had some wonderful adventures. A tired puppy is a happy puppy! A wet "mommy" just gets cold.

Yesterday i put on a coat that has been impossible to fasten around my hips. Deep in conversation, I unthinkingly zipped it right up. I guess things ARE changing!

I've decided to measure once a month from here on out. Weekly was making me grumpier. since I'm heading into the time of year when I get LOTS done outside I hope to see changes. During this time I do a lot of heavy lifting, lots of moving, get lots of sunshine (when we have it) and just generally like my life better. I am not an indoor person and do not like being kept inside by winter storms.

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Puppies look awesome honeybuns...

Oh I cannot wait for retirement!

sorry, I have been away and haven't read back through your journal, so sorry if I appear to not comment on anything, justhappy to see the puppy pics as I started! x

Thanks!!

Today's RPR kicked my ass. Not the distance so much, more the terrain. Down, down, down to the bottom of several ravines and back up again! These are VERY steep ravines. Down is so much fun! Up is a puzzle to be solved and a great use of leg muscles. Mine are protesting wildly right now. Good thing tomorrow is spent riding in a car. We are picking up a rescue dog about three hours away and transporting it back to our home to foster, possibly adopt. I think we're crazy even considering having three big dogs but Moose (the brown one) is driving Tabi crazy. Any time she tries to pass him he grabs her back leg and tugs her backwards. Poor girl. She's six years old, he is less than a year. Our hope is that the foster dog will give Moose a good workout and leave Tabi alone. Here's hoping.

I do not want to cook tonight. I do not want to eat tonight. Just put me into a hot bath and all will be well.

Page 42 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast