Page 41 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 41

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    It's great to know isn't it that all the little changes add up and end up making a big difference. If only the public could catch on.......
    If only I could figure out what little changes are perfect for ME!!

I know that I will figure it out someday but it is really frustrating reading the posts of people that dropped 30 pounds in four months effortlessly. All I ask is to drop a pant size. Tomorrow is measurement day. Not expecting much.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

I decided to post measurements today. Let me preface this by saying that I just got back from a 4 hour RPR. The dogs are so tired and are snoring really loud. It was fun, though! About ten miles.
    3-31 Wt 188.7 4-6 189.8
    Above bust 39 1/2 to 38 1/2
    Point of bust 42 1/2 to 42 1/2
    Below bust 35 to 34 1/2
    Waist 36 1/2 to 36

High hip 45 1/2 to 44 1/2
    Mid hip 45 1/2 to 46 1/2 (bloat)
    Low hip 44 1/2 to 44 1/2

Thigh L 25 1/2 to 25 1/2
    R 25 to 26 1/2 huh??
    Above knee L17 1/2 to 17 1/2
    R17 3/4 to 17 1/2
    So, what this shows me is that I should not measure directly following exercise and that the yard chores (heavy lifting) are really working on the back fat. It also shows me that I should never use the scale to measure progress.

Small victory. I'll take it.

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Woo hoo for progress!
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

The last couple of days have been spent working on a little cabin in the woods we are building as a private getaway for me. LHT came into it with carrying 4' x 8' sheets of OSB, putting them up to mark window openings, taking them down to cut, putting them back up to install......it will all be worth it in the long run.

Fat provides satiety, right? I am thinking that I am needing to back down on the fats and consume more food. If I feel full and don't want to eat am I really getting enough? Not only that but when I feel full I give no thought as to what to have for an evening meal until it is time to eat and being unprepared does not make for good nutrition.Tweaking everything will help me figure out what works for me.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Are you doing okay, honeybuns? Haven't heard from you in a bit.

I am doing well, thank you for asking!

The dogs and I have been doing Mega RPR's every other day, my mother came for a visit, I escaped for a day and got to be a girl in another town.............

Today is measuring day. There had darn well better be a difference since I have walked over twenty miles this week!!! Stay tuned!

It is absolutely no wonder I get discouraged. i will not be giving you a weight for today but the measurements suck given that I have been eating clean and walking many, many miles. All I can come up with is improved muscle definition in my thighs.
    Above knee 17 1/2 for both left and right (started with 17 3/4 R and 17 1/2 L)
    Thigh R 26 1/4 L 26 (started with 25 R and 25 1/4 L)
    Low hip 45 1/4 (started with 44 1/2)
    Mid-hip 45 1/2 (started with 45 1/2)
    High hip 44 1/2 (started with 45 1/2
    Waist 37 started with 36 1/2)
    Under bust 35 (started with 35)
    Point of bust 41 (started with 42 1/2) hubby didn't like this number. Poor boy.
    Above bust 41 (started with 39 1/2)

This is all so screwy. What shall I tweak this time?? Anybody want to help keep me from getting discouraged?

I think I'll go spend a few hours in my greenhouse as therapy. One cannot binge with dirt on their hands!

I did an eight mile hike up the Quinault river with my hiking buddy today. Beautiful weather for hiking in the temperate rain forest. We had to sit in the car for a bit waiting for the Roosevelt elk herd to meander out of our way before we could make it to the trailhead.
    Fantastic way to exercise. For us it is more like having fun!

Tonight's dinner was OMG delicious!! Mushrooms and onions caramelized in butter and coconut oil. Tenderloin cooked in the drippings. Carrots with basil and blackberry honey.
    THE BEST EVER strawberries with heavy whipping cream for dessert!!!!!!OMG!!

PrimalCon New York
    I am going about this all wrong. My focus should not be on weight or measurement but rather getting my body to the point where it can do the things I ask of it. Given what I like to do, strength and stamina will be my new goals.

Saturday I went for a long hike with my buddy who introduced me to MDA. Eight miles up the Quinault river gave him a chance to truly test his VFF's in a variety of conditions and they performed well and exceeded his expectations. I did notice after a while that I was having to watch every place I put my foot down while he was enjoying looking into the tree canopy. May have to get me some of those!
    The bums and I just got back from a rainy day RPR. I LOVE going out in weather like that because it is such a different personality than a sunny day. My body felt like a well-oiled machine. I didn't feel like I was having to struggle my way up the hills so it made for a much more pleasant time and having the protein from breakfast on board made such a huge difference in my energy levels.
    We are going out of town on Wednesday so tomorrow is a long RPR to wear the dogs out so they will welcome being at the boarding kennel just to get some rest! I am trying to alternate a 3 mile RPR with an 8-10 mile RPR. Tomorrow is a ten miler!

Page 41 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast