Page 40 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 40

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Ah, Moose. So far this morning he has brought me two shoes and a paint stir stick. Can we say bored puppy? I just went outside with he and his sister, both of them in foulweather gear, me in my bathrobe. Yeah, it is pouring down rain but they could have at least gotten off the porch to walk around the yard with me!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

The hardest thing about getting outdoors on a rainy day is the very first step. Once I am out in it I can spend hours in the rain. My hiking buddy and I do a lot of offseason exploring and, inevitably, the day will be a deluge. A couple of years ago we got together in December to do a 15 mile hike. Wouldn't you know that would be the day a storm dumped six inches of rain on us? The best thing is we both had a blast in spite of the downpour. The power of PMA cannot be overestimated. Living in the PNW I cannot wait for a bluebird day to get out and about.

Frozen blueberries and heavy cream are so yummy!

First official really long RPR with Moose today and the first one I have done in a long, long time. It felt wonderful and long overdue!

You know what this means, don't you? Between that and April first, it means I get to take measurements and track my progress that way. The scale and I have a hate-hate relationship. I think I'll invest in a pedometer as well so I can log my distance on the RPR's. Even though it won't be a true measure of effort expended (a lot more than just walking on a flat surface) i think it will be very interesting. Maybe I can modify one to see how far the dogs go.....

A friend from high school decided to go vegan a couple of months ago after reading the China Study. Good person that I am I asked her to keep a close eye on her health as not everyone can successfully transition to that lifestyle (tactful and diplomatic, right?). She has now added cheese and eggs back into her diet and, because of a conversation we had earlier, has decided to go gluten free and start weeding the grains out of her diet. Baby steps. I did ask her to read The Primal Blueprint just for the fascinating information on what your body does. We'll see if she does.

Dogs are snoring, peach pie in the oven and I have earned a hot bath and a glass of wine. Oooops. Still don't have the grout sealed on the tub. Guess I'll skip that and have TWO glasses of wine!

Stupid spammers. They could at least quote something interesting.

Prior to my surgery in November I had banished the belly fat. Then came Thanksgiving. Christmas. New Years. Bad habits. It is time to stop and go back to eating clean. Much as I tried to convince myself otherwise, little things do make a difference....for me. Now I get to lose the weight I had already lost and lose the fat I had already lost. I hate having to do the same things over again.
    I took baseline measurements today.

3-31 Weight 188.7
    Above bust 39 1/2
    Point of bust 42 1/2 (really?!!)
    Below bust 35

Waist 36 1/2

High hip 45 1/2
    Mid hip 45 1/2
    Low hip 44 1/2

Thigh 25 1/2 left 25 right
    Above knee 17 1/2 left 17 3/4 right

Whew. Now I can be held accountable for my misdeeds. The greatest change will be in my hips as that is where I carry my weight. The RPR's should help a lot with that.

I have had a pronounced white stripe in my hair for years (thank you, Grandma!) that was front and center. I wore it proudly as I was not going to fall into the "dye-every-gray-hair" camp. I went to get my hair cut for the first time in about 5 months yesterday and the stylist wanted to know why I decided to use a rinse on my hair. WHAT?? I have significantly less gray hair and my white stripe is not there any more! Another benefit of eating well??

The current trend in kitchen design is all lower drawers and no lower cabinets. Supposedly it is easier. I have been pondering this one as I do not find it inconvenient to get things out of my cupboards and then I realized........drawers are easier if you have a belly in the way. Bending down to pull from a drawer doesn't require much physical exertion.
    As I was reaching into a lower cupboard I noticed that I was practicing squats at the same time. Bonus! Give me cupboards any day.

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Huh, that would be new. Our kitchen has TWO drawers (harumph!) and a plethora of lower cabinets, which is not particularly unusual for 80's houses. One is the junk drawer, one has silverware in it. I have all my cooking utensils in plastic boxes on a shelf =/
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

I lost my best friend yesterday. I will miss him forever and think of him on every RPR I do. Deuce was one of a kind.

This lifestyle is not one-size-fits-all. I am glad it has improved my health but I can visibly see subcutaneous fat everywhere. What will be my key to fat-burning? I am definitely getting enough fat, not eating grains and have a bit of healthy carbs. Maybe I am not getting enough protein and veggies? Oh, the tweaking involved.

My friend who is trying to be a vegan decided to cut out grains and gluten two weeks ago after reading Wheat Belly. After asking me about my experiences with it she went full steam ahead. In two weeks she has lost two inches around her belly and ditched a myriad of physical ailments. Needless to say she is a convert!

Another three hour RPR today. Moose did very well on the last one. The only drawback is that he gets wired afterwards instead of crashing. Small price to pay for me being able to get out there!

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    PrimalCon New York
    It's great to know isn't it that all the little changes add up and end up making a big difference. If only the public could catch on.......

Page 40 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast