Page 4 of 100 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 4

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    DH still doesn't quite get that we are really not spending more on food. His argument is that we are eating way more eggs (true) and way more vegetables (also true). We are not, however, buying snack crackers, cookies, ice cream, etc. Less fruit purchased, a little veggie goes a long way and I can buy a couple of dozen eggs with what one snack cracker used to cost!

Totally awesome dinner last night.

tilapia pan seared in coconut oil
    organic baby spinach sauteed in ghee with fresh parmesan
    cottage cheese with diced heirloom tomatoes

If you ever want to really feel spoiled with your meals, use some fancy words to describe what you are eating. I could have told you I had fried fish, spinach and cottage cheese with tomato. Loses something, doesn't it?

Tonight I am going to a seminar on mountain hiking with your dog. DH gets to fend for himself and I am going to eat a really big lunch so I won't miss having dinner.

Today's breakfast? SURPRISE!! Yet another scramble! Turkey breakfast sausage, red peppers, spring onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and chinese cabbage

AnthonyU is offline Member
    We have been surprised how we are still spending the same amount of money every week on good food and not buying any processed crap. Of course I am primal, she isn't, but that's her choice. If she wants her carbs she buys them and doesn't leave them where I can find them. And I don't go looking for them.

Hey, Anthony! Good to see you!

Great seminar last night. I took the dogs on an RPR for a couple of hours in the morning and wore them out, maybe too much! Deuce the Wonder Dog slept through the seminar!

Yesterday was kind of crazy food wise. Great scramble for breakfast but between the RPR and hand mowing the lawn when we got back I had no time to eat lunch so about 4pm I ended up eating the trail mix and jerky that were in my pack. Filled me up and I am still not hungry!

My BIL gave me a dozen of the best eggs yesterday. His chickens are in high production mode and he has way more eggs than he'll use. He did show an interest in the way I've been eating so I sent him a link to MDA. He can do the reading and research and decide if it is something he'd like to try. He is a great cook with a wonderful, high production veggie garden so if he could find alternates for the grains he currently uses I know he would do well!

Today is all about the mowing. Riding mower is out of comission so I'll be hand mowing an acre of really tall grasses and weeds. It has been so cool and wet here that the opportunities for dry mowing haven't been there so everything just keeps growing. TONS of exercise for me today!

Totally awesome dinner last night! Grilled chicken caeser salad is so tasty, especially when you haven't overcooked the meat.

Today we are driving two hours to spend the day with friends we haven't seen in a while. I told the wife about MDA as she really wants to lose weight, has gone to WW repeatedly and keeps losing and gaining the same thirty pounds over and over. This will be the first time i have seen her after starting this WOE and I am curious to see if there is enough of a difference that it will be noticed. She has promised us a Primal dinner! They live on 20 acres, so we won't be just sitting around a table all day. Lots of playing with her dogs/my dogs and the horses!

I am so not inspired when it comes to making dinner tonight. I am going to cook swiss chard and spinach in bacon fat and sprinkle it with parmesan cheese, but beyond that I am stuck. Probably would be better with something other than bratwurst. It won't help for tonight, but I had best start raiding the freezer so I don't end up in this position again.

Okay breakfast today. I'll need to make a fantastic breakfast tomorrow to make up for it.

Took the easy way out on dinner last night and had baked beans with bratwurst. Delicious going down but what a gutbomb! I really do not like this puffy, bloated feeling.
    Breakfast this morning was another one of my oh so famous scrambles. Shallots, red pepper, swiss chard, mushrooms, tomatoes, eggs and sharp cheddar. Oh, yum!!!
    Tonight's dinner will be a bigass pork chop with acorn squash and the above-mentioned spinach. IF we have any room after that strawberry shortcake!

Today's exercise has been pushing a lawn mower and dragging a hose. For my mental well-being there will be an RPR this afternoon. It is just way too easy to sit on the couch and talk myself out of it. It is cloudy, cool and perfect for romping around for HOURS!

Family reunion this weekend. Let's see if anyone notices my belly is gone. My friend didn't.

Really good RPR today. I just had one weird thing happen, though. Partway through it, I just HAD TO sit down right in the middle of the trail. That has never happened before and we hadn't done anything strenuous enough to cause it. I did just start taking some antibiotics for a sinus infection. Maybe that had something to do with it? The good thing that came out because of it? When I sat down both dogs came over to me. They were tired so I asked them to sit so they could rest. Deuce the Wonder Dog flat out refused multiple times. It wasn't until he was pressed up as tight as he could get against me that it dawned on me that he was guarding me. Lots of atta boys for him after that!

Dinner is calling and I must go.......

For several years I ate smaller and smaller portions for meals. Eat less, weigh less. At least that is what CW would have you believe. I am no longer doing that and DH says it is really strange to see me eating a normal amount of food. In my head I am still struggling with "I should not be eating this much" but if I don't, there is no way I'll get enough protein. My body needs fuel. I am an active person and don't want to flatline on energy on the top of a mountain!
    Being tall I have the "advantage (?)" of being able to carry more weight than I should and still look good. It really bugs me when I'm told that I don't need to lose weight. Honey, you should see what is hiding under my clothes! If you can grab a double handful or more on your belly, YOU NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT!!! No longer can I grab a double handful, but those fat pads on my hips are still there. Once those start diminishing I'll know I'm getting somewhere.

The @$%&%$ tumors are back. GRRRR. Three months of a medicine with really nasty side effects to shrink them and it is a hysterectomy for me. Watch me lose all the forward progress. My hope is that with being primal side effects will be less and recovery will be quicker.

Typical farmstand purchase before PB
    potatoes
    6 apples
    4 bananas
    3 oranges
    1# grapes
    onions

Heavy to fruit. Vegetables? Once or twice a week shopping

Farmstand purchase after PB

Shallots
    Spring onions
    tomatoes
    chinese cabbage
    swiss chard
    mushrooms
    carrots
    eggplant
    peppers
    2 apples

Fruit? What fruit? Three times a week shopping

Oh, they know me there. They know me, they know my dogs, they know my buying habits. It pays off.

Great butcher shop right next door!
    Last edited by honeybuns; 07-27-2011 at 10:41 AM. Reason: clarification

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    The @$%&%$ tumors are back. GRRRR. Three months of a medicine with really nasty side effects to shrink them and it is a hysterectomy for me. Watch me lose all the forward progress. My hope is that with being primal side effects will be less and recovery will be quicker.
    Yikes, good luck with that! I bet the improvements you've made in your diet will definitely help you recover more quickly
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Page 4 of 100 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast