Page 39 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 39

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Welcome Moose!
    post some pics, please. Fawns are so pretty, i didn't realize dobies came in so many different colors. Your posts and watching "The Artist" makes me miss having a dog (until they have to go to the bathroom and it's -40)
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    You should see the size of his feet. This guy is going to be big. He has already bonded with me!

Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Awwwwwwwwww, sweetie pie!
    Love that face, he looks like he's ready to RPR!
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    He's gorgeous! And lucky that he's getting such a loving home!

I'm sorry Deuce isn't doing well, but I'm glad that you're managing the transition. It's hard. And hang the weight- Moose will work it off of you soon enough and you have other concerns at the moment. (Trust me, I'm famliar with adding fat being just one more thing to get to you- sometimes it helps to have an outsider remind you that it's not that important right now)
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Thank you for that. I was just thinking this morning that even though I am eating clean, more and more flab is making an appearance and wondering what I should change out THIS time.
    Okay, I won't stress about it. I'll just make sure that Deuce's last days are the best that they can be.

Tomorrow DH sees the doctor for results of his blood tests and stress echo test. I can guarantee that the stress echo needs improvement as this guy can't even walk around the block. I keep telling him exercise is important so, being his wife, I am tuned out. Maybe if the doctor tells him how vital it is for lung, heart and bone he might do it.
    He does love this lifestyle change and won't go back but, even though he has lost thirty pounds, he has no muscle tone.

DH's blood test wasn't too bad, but I wish the lab had remembered to do his cholesterol levels. His glucose was up, but I expected that because he is still sneaking in crackers, cookies, ice cream (and not the good stuff). I'm trying to get him to understand that weight is only one part of the equation.

I had the worst day a couple of days ago, as I had a headache most of the night and by the time I got up it was a full blown migraine, nausea and all. Back to a deep sleep for four more hours, up at 2pm, back to bed at 7pm, up at 6am. That is fourteen solid sleeping hours out of 24. I think after 3 aspirin and 6 Advil I managed to dull it a bit. I'm going to head to the Natural Foods store and see what they have for headache management.. Willow bark tea? I DO NOT want to go through that again!

Deuce is hanging on but has gotten old. Some days and nights are good, some not so much.

Moose has bonded with me big time and pays very close attention to where I am and what I am doing. He went on his first RPR yesterday. For the first mile he was pulling at the end of the leash and discovered in the next two miles how much fun offroading is and how many new things there are to discover up there. I cannot wait until he is trustworthy and can go on an RPR offleash. He's responding to hand signals at home and I am finally remembering to load my pockets with treats so I have a way to reward him for doing the right thing.

Did I mention that I hate the scale? I'll be taking measurements before the RPR's start up again and will be tracking my progress that way.

My sister works for a major airline and part of her job is handling the books that are left aboard when people deplane. What employees don't take she brings to me, usually by the multi-boxful. She came down for dinner last night and brought three boxes with her and in them was a copy of The Primal Blueprint! My very own copy!!

I am more than a little bit disappointed in myself. I know how to eat clean and was doing very good at it until I caved for the gingersnaps. I don't like where my body comp is, don't like my weight and don't like having crap in the house. DH will bring home things he knows I like but I am the one who puts it in my mouth, not him.

On a better note, Moose has been on two RPR's now and I think he'll be fine as a hiking companion. This puppy is going to be HUGE. I'll bet he tops 100 pounds. So, between the RPR's and finally getting to go all out on outside projects (and I'm not talking little stuff) I am feeling much, much better about things. Yesterday we put up the trusses on my private escape cabin in the woods. When I say we, I mean both of us. Lots of lifting and overhead reaching.

missblue is offline Senior Member
    Hi honeybuns;

I have four giant dogs and do my own RPR every morning.
    Sets the tone for the day, doesn't it?

I think your new puppy is beautiful.
    Some of us just can't be without dogs I think.
    Last edited by missblue; 03-29-2012 at 07:13 AM.

Page 39 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast