Page 37 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 37

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I have the opposite problem: really narrow hips and huge shoulders. Then when I put on weight I think my arms get bigger. I HATE pictures of me from just the waist up because I look like the rest of me is just as wide =/

I have a 29" inseam. We should go pants shopping together and watch the salespeople rip all their hair out.
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Wouldn't that be funny?!!

I went shopping with a close friend who is barely 5' tall. I am 5'10". We walked into a Petite store (where I promptly bonked my head on a low hanging Boston fern) and she wandered to another part of the store. I actually had a salesperson come up to me and say "we have nothing in this store that will fit you". What if I had been shopping for a gift? Way to kill a sale.

Celebrate the differences, I guess!

What drives me nuts is that they put the smallest sizes on the top shelves because it makes the display look more symmetrical!
    I've had to use hangers to knock things off the top shelf before. Then I got fatter and my size moved down a shelf or two

What a horrible salesperson, wonder if she does that when someone unusually wide walks in.

Since the dog's heart problems began we have been sleepus interruptus every night. Not just once or twice a night, multiple times. That is well over a month of really, really lousy sleep. It dawned on me today that we should be feeling way worse than we are for being so sleep deprived. Thank you, Primal! I have no doubt that when we were eating SAD that this would have been a horrible, horrible feeling and it really isn't all that bad!

To sleep, perchance to dream.................or, in my case, to dream of sleep.

The dog has decided that he does not like his food, does not like his treats, won't eat anything he used to scarf down. Enter the local butcher shop. On the menu for tonight is a Primal stew of beef liver, chicken gizzards, kale, chinese cabbage, parsnips, celery, carrots, tomatoes and an apple. If he doesn't eat that.......

It dawned on me last night that we may not be eating ENOUGH food. I guess I am still trying to overcome the CW way of thinking. You know, eat less to weigh less. We are down to eating two meals a day with no snacking because we are just not hungry. Last nights dinner for two of us was satisfying, was tasty and seemed to be enough but for two of us it was only three mushrooms, one shallot and half a pound of beef. Enough? Uh..no. Maybe that is part of the stall.

With the dog on the decline I am not getting exercise or sleep. I cannot expect to have stellar results under those conditions. We are eating about 98% primal and are not seeing the results that others are. At this point, even having the ability to function throughout the day is a bonus. I will not whine about where I am at.

The dog has decided that he does not like his food, does not like his treats, won't eat anything he used to scarf down. Enter the local butcher shop. On the menu for tonight is a Primal stew of beef liver, chicken gizzards, kale, chinese cabbage, parsnips, celery, carrots, tomatoes and an apple. If he doesn't eat that.......
    If he doesn't eat it, I will!

Cut yourself some slack, things are pretty stressful right now. You can worry about weight loss when you have time. The important thing is that you're 98% primal and that can only help.

Oh, crap. I partook of some Keebler cookies yesterday. Last night my sinuses got all stuffed up. Today I have a cold. I NEVER get colds. Serves me right for cheating.

So, the "cold" was so much more than that and thankfully over!! I'm sure that being sleep deprived was a major contributor.

We found a beautiful red doberman that we would love to add to our family. He'd be a terrific hiking buddy for future RPR's. Our adoption application has been submitted. Only problem? i live on the Washington coast and he is with the Doberman Rescue in LAS VEGAS!! It is only a problem because the rescue requires that any dogs currently living in the house be brought to meet the new one and they do not ship. Heck of a long drive from here to there.

Hey, Rita Rose...............

Page 37 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast