Page 36 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 36

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    After almost losing the dog to "drowning" the other night, it is good to see that he is responding the meds. Unbeknownst to us he had vomited up his meds in the morning so he filled up with fluids that night and could not breathe. I slept through the worst of it and he was so much better when he got me up at 3am. This, unfortunately, will NOT go away and is considered a terminal thing. CRAP. Uninterrupted sleep is a luxury that I will no longer have. If sleep equals weight loss than I am destined to be overweight forever. Oh, well. We have made great strides in healthy eating and that is worth something.

I do love working in my new kitchen. Nice, tight work triangle so I don't have a lot of wasted steps. DH has been shadowing me at the butcher shop and farmstand trying to learn how to pick good food. Major progress, I think. My cousin gave me a commercial food processor so I am going to experiment with making my own nut flours and nut butters. RPR's are going to be much shorter than they have been in the past but I do have lots of projects to do on the property this spring.

I may be gone from here more than I was, but I am not gone.

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Well, I'm glad he's responding to the meds so at least he'll be comfortable until his time comes.
    Looking forward to reading about the primal baking adventures that come with nut flours =)
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Hey honeybuns, how's it going over there? How's your guy?

Hi, ottercat!

We have good times, we have not so good times. We did go on an RPR yesterday to evaluate his current activity level. He had a marvelous time but when he was done, he was done. Walked right in front of me and stopped and would not move until I put his leash on. It was sad to see how different things are now. Before we could go for hours and hours, miles and miles without stopping or his enthusiasm dimming. Now we are lucky if he can go a mile. He becomes very clingy and definitely wants his mommy when his heart acts up. I truly have no idea how much longer we'll have him. Being a Dobie the prognosis is not good. I promise I'll cry on your shoulder when the time comes.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Aw honeybuns, I am sorry about your dog. You are on a hard road.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Aww, I'm glad you two had a great time. My boys send cat-hugs!

Thanks, ladies. Your support is appreciated.

I am once again discouraged but shopping for clothes always does that to me. I need a 35" inseam, which is next to impossible to find on the secondary market (thrift stores). After getting bummed out there I went to Eddie Bauer Outlet. Their jeans are long enough for me. Out of my size in a long. Wouldn't you know it. DH has been down this frustration road with me so many times......

Dog is doing better right now which gives me hope for a longer time with him than predicted. I will enjoy him while I have him.

This morning's breakfast was pushing the envelope with my oh-so-picky DH and he loved it! I cooked mustard, Italian parsley and cabbage in bacon and topped it with hamburger patties topped with a fried egg. Oh, yum!

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    I'm glad he's doing better! It's hard that you have to ratchet down the physical activity for him, but it sounds like he's still getting lots of love- which is really what matters.

Daggone you have long legs! I thought mine were long- but my 34" inseam is mosly vanity- I'm really only a 33. But, you're right. I really never got the "ooh, goodie, shopping!" thing. Size plus length means frustration. And that's before I even get into the familial shelf-butt! Good luck with the shopping!
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

OMG!! the shelf butt! I am a definite pear and when I don't pay attention the ass gets bigger without my noticing because nothing from the waist up changes AT ALL!!

I have been gone for a couple of days and BBD (Big Black Dog) is not doing near as well as he was. I think we need to be prepared to be on a seesaw for a while.

Page 36 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast