Page 34 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 34

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Just got back from an absolutely wonderful, long overdue RPR. Probably about 4 miles in the rain, fog and mist at twilight. Thank goodness I had the dogs in hunter orange. It was the only way I could keep track of where they were!

This is where we roam and it is less than a mile from my house.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Wow. How beautiful. I'm so envious!

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Gorgeous! I'm jealous, it's been below -20 here since we got back from vacation =(
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Okay, now I am discouraged again. Those of you that have been on this journey with me know that this feeling won't last, but right now at this point in time I am convinced that I am not meant to wear smaller pants. Once again the scale is going up. DRAT. Was it the holidays? Is it hormonal? Am I ever going to realize the same sorts of benefits from this lifestyle that other people do?? If I hadn't weighed almost twenty pounds less two years ago I would think it couldn't be done.

On a positive note, my kitchen is done and I am loving the fact that is a well thought out, easy to work in kitchen. The carpet in the dining/living room is being fit to the new cabinets right now, will be cleaned on Monday and then my furniture can all be moved back in. It has been MONTHS!!

Time to start expanding my culinary horizons. I have been sneaking turnip into the morning scrambles and it is GOOD! Turnips and mustard are very peppery raw and cook up to a really mild flavor. I have spent several hours today cleaning my refrigerator (note to self- do it more than once every few years) and found a really nice prime rib in the freezer. I really, really, really need to visit my favorite butcher shop and "find" more good stuff for the freezer!

...............and it is down again. Hmmph. We are talking pounds here.

I really am loving life and am grateful that I believe in PMA. Once upon a time I had a job that was stressing me out but I didn't know it until I realized that I had become a very negative person and that just is not who I am. Once I woke up to that I said adios to it and things got back to normal. I wonder how much of it was aggravated by SAD?

Speaking of the butcher shop, if I ever want to try goat, rabbit, elk, bear or another non-traditional meat I am set. No kangaroo, though. I did get quite a bit of meat when I was there a couple of days ago so today is repack day. Hopefully I have all the bases covered.

When we got home from running errands yesterday we snaacked on some Kerrygold Swiss cheese and summer sausage. Come dinner time I was so not hungry but to appease DH who is convinced that I will expire on the spot if I don't eat I had a bowl of peaches with heavy cream. OH, YUM!! I fixed him a hamburger patty cooked in butter and it was very tasty! I remember way back when cooking high fat hamburger and having it shrink considerably. I now think that the temp you cook it at makes a huge difference. Last night's was cooked low and slow and had hardly any shrinkage at all.

Hopefully I can sneak inn an RPR today before the weather deteriorates tomorrow...............

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    PMA?

Yay for the kitchen! I'm waiting on pins and needles for more recipes- did you finally iron out the "better than pumpkin pie" cheesecake?

I thought you liked RPRs in the rain . . .

Oh, I love RPR's in the rain but this first system is going to be a downpour followed by snow followed by more downpours. Rainy RPR's are all on the road and the ones on drier days are going up and down ravines, ducking through brush, following game trails, climbing over fallen trees.........ask me how much fun I have doing that!!

PMA is positive mental attitude. It makes so much difference in so many ways.

I forgot about that recipe! Guess I had best go look for it and give it a whirl.

Why, oh why can't this be easy? Oh, wait. I was born on a Wednesday. That explains everything.

I made an extremely tasty dinner quite by accident the other night. Mr. Picky even declared it tasty and a keeper!

Cook up some bacon and onion. Add some partially cooked (steamed) kale. Add some cubed chicken thigh and cook until done. Tasty!

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I need to find some kale, that sounds awesome!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

PrimalCon New York
    I think that I have figured out that I am ingesting too much fat so my body isn't burning the fat I already have.

Darn it! I like butter and heavy whipping cream!

Page 34 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast