Page 33 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 33

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have concluded the holiday "experiment" (my justification for eating cookies and drinking eggnog) and found that sugar puts weight on me more quickly than grains do. Grains make themselves known by bloating my abdomen and stuffing up my sinuses. Now that the eggnog is gone and the cookies and crackers are out of the house I am going back to the way I was eating and what I was doing before. I really didn't go horribly overboard but I did indulge slightly. What is strange is that weight is distributed differently than it ever has been before.
    I am finding all sorts of ways to stretch, squat and otherwise ease slowly into physical activity. I have a very large oak tree in my yard and it FINALLY dropped the last of its leaves. In areas that cannot be raked or mowed, I am squatting and picking up the leaves one by one. Tedious to some but to me it is a great excuse to work on my squats. Once it is done, it is done.

I made the basic biscuits from Paleo Comfort Foods to go with dinner tonight. I had to switch things around a little bit due to an ingredient shortage. They are still tasty in spite of the fact that I used three whole eggs instead of 6 egg whites. Time for new baking powder. They did not rise very much and I found out that my baking powder is a year past date. They would be even better if I hadn't made them the size of hockey pucks.......

In celebration of the last day of this year the dogs and I went on a two hour RPR and had a complete and total blast. This is the first one post-surgery that I didn't wear out and head home after 20 minutes. I AM BACK!!

A lady that I went to high school with has recently decided to become a vegan. It is her choice and I am not telling her not to but she has total faith in the China Study so I asked her to do a search on flaws in the China Study. She did and has still chosen to go vegan but has promised me that she'll pay attention to her health and will be the first to admit if she was wrong. I found a book for her today at the natural foods store called something like Gluten Free and Vegan. I can at least try to get her to drop the grains!

Have a wonderful New Year, everyone, and enjoy life to the fullest starting right now!

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    I made the basic biscuits from Paleo Comfort Foods to go with dinner tonight. I had to switch things around a little bit due to an ingredient shortage. They are still tasty in spite of the fact that I used three whole eggs instead of 6 egg whites. Time for new baking powder. They did not rise very much and I found out that my baking powder is a year past date. They would be even better if I hadn't made them the size of hockey pucks.......

In celebration of the last day of this year the dogs and I went on a two hour RPR and had a complete and total blast. This is the first one post-surgery that I didn't wear out and head home after 20 minutes. I AM BACK!!

A lady that I went to high school with has recently decided to become a vegan. It is her choice and I am not telling her not to but she has total faith in the China Study so I asked her to do a search on flaws in the China Study. She did and has still chosen to go vegan but has promised me that she'll pay attention to her health and will be the first to admit if she was wrong. I found a book for her today at the natural foods store called something like Gluten Free and Vegan. I can at least try to get her to drop the grains!

Have a wonderful New Year, everyone, and enjoy life to the fullest starting right now!
    I did a year + vegetarian (6 months vegan- gluten free), wow that was TOUGH!!! I was miserable!! Come to find out, I needed some meat...LOL Hopefully she will come around and realize vegan is not optimum health.

Happy New Year!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

First post of the new year.

I am not going to kid anyone, least of all myself, by saying that I am going to strictly adhere to eating perfectly and exercising religiously. It just won't happen. I will not beat myself up over it, I will not become depressed by it. I am not going to leave this lifestyle no matter what.

Team Oberg is offline Senior Member
    Neurotically obsessing to be perfect ia unhealthy, I just try to do my best....besides no one is judging us!
    *I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it.*
    Marilyn Monroe

A wonderful young lady that I am acquainted with had her first child three months ago. At the age of 34 she was not expecting to get pregnant so the little girl was truly a blessing. She found out the day before Christmas that she has stage four cancer and it has spread far and wide and is inoperable. Her time is short and her daughter will never know her.

Who am I to complain about anything at all? I am still going to be alive when she is gone.

Smack me if I start whining about anything ever.

It is pouring down rain here today and very windy to boot. One of those days when you just want to bake or cook something to make the house smell really good. I have soup bones in the kettle and am making a huge pot of beef broth as I have not mastered, and am not sure I want to master, primal baking. If i successfully master it I will have difficulty keeping DH away from it. Maybe if I make sure it flops every time.....

I am really glad we went for an RPR yesterday before the rains started.

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    I have an interesting book on vegan nutrition called "the THRIVE diet" by a professional Ironman. He doesn't eat corn, soy, or wheat so the grains tend to be things like amaranth and quinoa. For some reason people think he's a raw vegan, but a lot of the recipes are cooked. They can be eaten raw, too since they're just veggies. I did it for a couple of months, but I got sick of salads and various forms of veggie paste. I did learn how to pop amaranth, for what it's worth.
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

NorCalGirlDiver is offline Senior Member

I am not going to kid anyone, least of all myself, by saying that I am going to strictly adhere to eating perfectly and exercising religiously. It just won't happen. I will not beat myself up over it, I will not become depressed by it. I am not going to leave this lifestyle no matter what.
    Wow - you summed up the way I feel so succinctly. I just wrote a long post on my own journal and danced around this a bit. I should have headed here first! Thanks honeybuns. I am feeling like I should do a challenge but I have so much travel upcoming for work that I am afraid I will beat myself up more. I am going to do my best and try and reach my goal weight this year - almost 12 months left to do it

drssgchic is offline Senior Member

Now THAT is a New Year's resolution I can get behind! That is a fantastic goal!

Page 33 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast