Page 32 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 32

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    THE BEST NEWS EVER!!!!

As of yesterday I have a fully operational cooktop, sink and dishwasher in the kitchen!! SO close to having a normal life again!!

In other news, I have been having something going on in my abdomen. Is it BV? Is it bladder related? Ooooh, it feels like uterus. Oh, wait. I don't have one of those any more. Is it real or ghost pains?? Oy, vey, I tell ya.

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on the kitchen!!! That's so exciting, can't wait to hear about all the great stuff you're going to cook.

A Ghost Uterus, isn't that typical? You think you get rid of the darn thing and it still comes back to haunt you
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

BeckaSki is offline Senior Member
    Honeybuns, have you been out in the high country lately? My friend and I went and snowshoed on Hurricane Ridge just south of Port Angeles yesterday (we had planned to ski, but the lack of snow sent us in pursuit of alternate adventures). It was GLORIOUS! The sun was out up high, and all of the peaks were visible. It was an awesome day. The snow was really firm, so the snowshoes were unnecessary, hiking boots with some sort of ice-traction-device and poles would have been plenty. You should try and get up if you can.

I absolutely love Hurricane Ridge and haven't been there in way too long! Looks like there is a road trip in my future. You did take a camera, right?

Christmas morning breakfast has traditionally been Canadian bacon and scones. Since wheat flour is not friendly to me any more, we are going to have ottercat's almond flour biscuits instead.Yum!

Last night's sleep was not .........hmm.......happening? I drove with a friend to SeaTac airport to drop her dog off to fly to the east Coast. So, a two hour drive from my house, got to the airport at 9:30 pm, hunted for delta Cargo until 10:30 pm as the Delta website had the wrong address. Got the dog squared away and drove home again. Keep in mind that I usually fall asleep at 8:30 pm. We made it to my house at 1:00am. True to form, getting to bed earlier did not enable me to sleep longer. I was up at 5 am. Ask me how I feel right now.

I took a good look in the mirror after my shower yesterday and saw ripply fat where I hadn't before. My first thought was "I need to stop the heavy cream" thinking that it was from putting weight on. I realized that those places are not where i usually put weight on when I'm gaining and those spots show no increase. Huh? Could it be that I am losing fat enough that buried stuff is showing up?

My life has settled down enough that I can resume RPR's and my normal activities. No more weight restrictions! Post-holiday is when I get the bulk of my outside chores done for the year. I always say "Spring starts December 26th." Everyone thinks I'm crazy but I worked outside in the nursery industry my entire career so it seems normal to me to dive right in after Christmas. I have a lot of brush cutting and hauling to do this year so I should get a decent workout. I do need to start thinking about Primal Fitness as well. Some of my muscle groups get plenty of workout. Others, not so much. There is a family wedding in June and I would love to feel pulled together by then.

It was such a joy having Christmas Eve dinner at my sister's house. Appetizers were meat and cheese, dinner was ham, sweet potatoes and brussel sprouts. So easy to stay Primal.
    I really should have eaten a full breakfast, though. I ate light in the morning because we were supposed to have an early dinner. Well....it stretched out to three hours later than anticipated and I grazed more than I should have.With the holidays wrapping up I'll be getting back on track soon.

Even though the scale shows I have put on weight, itisn't going on in the same places it did before PB. Interesting. Now, instead of fat pads on my hips, belly and thighs I have ripply subcutaneous fat everywhere. It will be interesting to see how it changes now that I can move around more and lift any weight I want. Yard cleanup starts tomorrow!!

I was given Paleo Comfort Foods for Christmas! So far I have gone through it twice, read it cover to cover and have a few recipes targeted to try right away.
    Now that Christmas day is behind me I can start the grand decluttering process so I can finish painting the living room so I can have my house back. New Year's day I will clean the fridge, pantry and freezers of any foods non-primal. Why keep it if we don't eat it??

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Not preparing was definitely a problem for me on Christmas day too, but I also chose to cheat because dammit I wanted those cookies! Sadly my mom got light egg nog and it was not very good.

I just ordered myself Paleo Comfort Foods with a gift card I got and I'm glad to hear someone else here likes it! I'm looking forward to trying out some of the recipes, as my boyfriend is definitely a fan of comfort foods.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Oh, I so much want to try these recipes that I went to the natural foods store today and picked up several of the ingredients that I did not have yet. The only thing that disappoints me has nothing to do with the cookbook itself. Some of the tastiest looking recipes have curry in them and DH doesn't like curry. Bummer.

We've been mixing our eggnog with half and heavy cream. I used to like the store bought stuff but it is just too sweet any more. I grew up on homemade eggnog and it is so easy to make that i think I'll go back to making it next year.

My mental attitude is great! I think having the kitchen closer to done and having the last Christmas gift shipped off today has taken a load off my mind. Now, to take a load off my body!

Page 32 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast