Page 31 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 31

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hubby called the plumber yesterday to get on their schedule to have the kitchen sink and dishwasher installed.YAY!!! I find myself avoiding doing the dishes so they are really piling up. C'mon. It has been four months already. Pots and pans are the worst!! I guess I'll break down and try to make a dent in them today. Once they are under control an RPR is in my future.

I have accepted that my body composition is not going to change until I start RPRs in earnest again. I noticed yesterday that things look a little flabby. While I am not putting weight on, my muscle to fat ratio has totally changed over the last few months. Doesn't it stand to reason that logging some miles should reverse it?

Dang holiday season. Why does it make me want to eat things I have been successfully avoiding??

Dishes are completely done!! Too late to RPR today but I will tomorrow before I get back into painting the living room. Up the ladder, down the ladder............. Sometimes it feels like I will NEVER be done!

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Muscle memory, you'll bounce back as soon as you get your RPRs in =)
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

First real RPR today in a very long time. It felt great to get out but sad to realize how far I have to go to get to where I had been. I was worn out after 20 minutes today where i had been going for three to four hours without getting worn out. Slow and Steady, my new motto. I WILL NOT get discouraged and sit on the couch doing nothing.
    I do think it is a good idea to measure my hips and thighs so I can track the progress of getting in shape. The scale won't tell me much because I'll be building muscle and (hopefully) losing fat.

C'mon, Muscle memory!!! (thanks, ottercat!)

Spammed again!

My nephew just requested chocolate chip cookies for Christmas. DH will fall hard for these but I told myself I would never tell him what he should or shouldn't be eating. His choice. Just give me the strength to stay out of them!

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    I think it's just as much about the fact that your body is multi-tasking as anything. Sure, you've lost some muscle due to the reduced activity, but I'm sure the ladders saved a fair amount. Your body is still, I'm sure, directing a fair amount of energy and resources to healing. The closer you are to totally healed, the more energy it can allocate to the RPRs.

On the other hand- the dishes are done and you're outside again! Woo hoo! Bet the pups were glad to play with you again!

Today is absolutely glorious weather. I started the remainder of the painting in the living room yesterday and was intending to finish today. When DH said he'd rather see me doing something outside that I WANTED to do, I did not argue! SO....... pruners and saw in hand, I stayed outside for hours and hours. Got a bunch of things planted, a bunch of things cut down and a bunch of things cut up! Time to sit for a while. It felt really good to have my life back even if I need to slowly build my stamina and muscles back up.

I am getting tired of being on an up again/down again plateau. I have lost the same three or four pounds many times over. Between medical stuff, kitchen remodel and the holidays I have gotten a little sloppy with my eating as well. Nothing too horrible but I don't NEED to be eating storebought cookies and crackers. I think I have narrowed the most recent bad bloating down to one particular brand of cracker. I think January will see me starting a food journal and regular RPR's. I really want to get out of this size pants.

I have been giving a lot of thought to eating and I have come to the conclusion that I am letting too much conflicting information on MDA guide me. Time for some instinctual eating while following Marks guidelines. Following too many threads have created an overload of information as different people have found that different things work for them. I need to figure out what works for me. If I never ate plain yogurt before, do I need to start now?

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    I hear you about the conflicting information. When I'm just doing a simple meat and veggie with good fats, it's easy. When I eat out a lot, or say copious amounts of dairy or wine is ok- I come to a screetching halt if not go in reverse. Now if only that weslydale cheese wouldn't taste so good . . .

Yay on getting outside! I don't do it as often as I should, but I always feel better when I do!

Page 31 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast