Page 30 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 30

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm a firm believer in doing what makes you happy and getting out and about in the forests and mountains makes me very happy! When things aren't going well, DH tells me to go get my Forest Fix and don't come back until I feel better.

I think I'm going to start referring to namelesswonder as Wonderwoman!

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Haha yay! I am far from wonderful with my weak ass (okay not actually my ass, just an expression!). Getting a Forest Fix sounds great. Since I work indoors 9-5, I don't have the opportunity to safely wander in the local forest park during the week, but I should really make an effort to pop up to my parents house (other side of town), grab their puppy, and wander
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

It is a great mental restorative. Even if you only make it up there a couple of times a month, just getting out of the rut is worth it!

WW. That works, too!

Here I go, getting discouraged again by all the "I have only been at this two months and I am down four pant sizes" "everything is so baggy on me now" threads. This is why I started this journal, to keep me from getting discouraged. I have lost almost twenty pounds and I am in the same size pants I've always worn. So discouraging. That, and DH is being a butt tonight. Well, not really, but he is clueless about how many things I am responsible for and it ticks me off to be living in a construction zone still. I want a kitchen sink, darn it!!! Okay, I want the whole kitchen but if I had a sink I could actually keep up with the dishes and pots and pans!!!!
    Obviously I am in a pissy, put-upon mood tonight. Why?? I am bustling around while he sits on his butt playing games on the computer while my to-do list gets longer and longer and I get further and further behind. Maybe this mood is just from the stuff we ate yesterday.

Okay, vent over, Thank you for listening.
    Last edited by honeybuns; 12-05-2011 at 06:52 PM.

NorCalGirlDiver is offline Senior Member
    Honeybuns- I totally feel your pain about the pants sizes! I am the same way. I ran into a lady at a party who is paleo and a cross fit trainer who was actually really encouraging when I said I had only lost about 20 pounds and feeling discouraged. She reminded me that 20 pkinds is a lot and don't ever forget it. just keep at it and the rest will come.

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    I was all excited to go down one pants size. Of course I still wear the big ones. 20lbs is a LOT! Go Google pictures of 5lb of fat and imagine four of those stuck to your body! I get discouraged that the weight doesn't fall off like it did when I was 23 and that if you told me 10 years ago that I'd be happy to get DOWN to 120, I'd be mortified. My favorite analogy is "If you were driving to work and got a flat tire, would you get out and camp there by the side of the road for the rest of your life?" Oh well, we keep plugging away and we'll get there eventually.
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Okay, I'll pull on my big girl panties and stop whining about it.

We went to the bank to sign some documents yesterday. The (very pregnant) loan officer was interested in how our eating has changed. I think the whole conversation started with a comment about sinuses. We talked about the primal way of eating even more than we did about the loan documents! I gave her the info on MDA and PB. As interested as she was she'll be looking into it for sure.

Leaves, leaves and more leaves. I am happily raking away right now and am feeling more like myself. All lifting restrictions are gone after Christmas! I cannot wait to be able to just be me again.

So, is climbing trees to pick the greens for my Christmas garland considered primal? I am having a blast and I smell like a Christmas tree!

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    So, is climbing trees to pick the greens for my Christmas garland considered primal? I am having a blast and I smell like a Christmas tree!
    Heck, yeah! That sounds like fun!

I can't believe how fast you're healing! I'm sure it feels like forever and a day to you, but I feel like you just had surgery!

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    If it makes you happy and doesn't hurt, then go for it!
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Page 30 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast