Page 3 of 100 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a difference page 3

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Our grocery outlet also gets some awesome primal fare. Awesome!

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I am also in Washington State. Which one do you shop at?

Well, I strayed today. Not bad, but I strayed. Three, count 'em, THREE dark chocolate almond shortbread cookies. I am not going to beat myself up over it. Put it behind me and move on.
    I could have said no, thank you. I could have stopped at one. I can next time.

What a great RPR this afternoon. Rainy, foggy, misty and mysterious.........

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I don't blame you. I can refuse cake, and even ice cream. But cookies still ensnare me occasionally. Especially if they have any trace of a nut in them.

My Grocery Outlet is in Everett across from Trader Joe's. It was featured on a "Hoarders" episode!

Have you shopped at S+L meats on 164th? They have good deals on liver and bones, and a chest of frozen discount meat. Do you know of any other places around here?
    Last edited by Knifegill; 07-18-2011 at 03:35 PM.

DARN!! I live so far away from you! Everett is a bit far for me to go as I live in Aberdeen. Michael's Meats in Aberdeen does have LOTS of primal stuff including rabbit, goat, elk, bison......and that was just a quick look!

Just got back from a two day camping trip. When we started back doing this I did tell DH that I would not be one of those campers that opened a can or ate junk food. We eat really well without eating crap!

katemary is offline Senior Member
    That bacon sounds delicious!

What state are you in honeybuns? The area around your place sounds amazing and great inspiration to get outside.

I agree with ditching the scales generally except it can be a motivator when the numbers are moving and if you are bloated going by clothes can be depressing, as you recent bleak day suggests. That being said, it feels AMAZING to fit back into clothes.

It is just great that you and your husband are on board and positive about the change.

PS - I love the cashew butter with apple or pear too but in the end (last year's primal journey) think it stalled me for whatever reason, so this time not using nuts as a snack, so I am enviousand salivating a bit when I read your meals!

Hey, KateMary! Good to see you!

I live on the west coast of Washington State. Lots of natural beauty. Within half an hour I can be at the ocean, in the rain forest, up in the mountains.......love it here!

Breakfast has turned out to be the most interesting part of the day. I have started making scrambles (fritatta) 98% of the time and each time it tastes different because of whatever combinations of vegetables and meats I add. Found out that we like chinese cabbage and swiss chard in them more than we like spinach and kale. Shallots and green onions are tastier than regular onions. Turkey breakfast sausage beats ham any day. The other morning I was making a really delicious scramble and couldn't wait to eat it. I was about to add the eggs when DH asked what meat I was using. MEAT? Ooops. i hadn't even thought about the meat!! One quick addition and all was right with the world!
    What has been the best thing that I have done is having the vegetables all prepared in advance so I am not spending an inordinate amount of time chopping and slicing when I am waking up. Thinking about different combos ahead of time has been helpful as well.

Today I'm going to hit up the natural foods store for hazelnut meal and almond flour. This place is incredibly well stocked for the small town inwhich I live!

Woohoo!! I'm going to learn how to snowshoe! I've wanted to learn for years and at the ripe old age of 52 I get to learn new stuff!!

In the words of my nephew, I will never be OLD!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, how I wish I had taken measurements before starting this WOE. I know it isn't too late to do so, but it would have been nice to know where I started. Relying on the scale just has me going through ups and downs. So what if it is up a pound? It doesn't mean I am a failure. My belly is smaller and according to DH my face is thinner. Now if the fat pads on my hips would get smaller I would be a happy camper!

Not even two months in and I wasn't expecting instant results, anyway!

Now that I have a handle on this WOE, I should probably figure out if I am getting enough protein. Definitely enough fat, maybe too much. Fitday? Sparkpeople?? Ugh. I really dislike doing that sort of thing but if I am not getting enough protein I need to figure that out.

Good news! The lady that wants to take me snowshoeing also wants to do some backpacking trips. As a family we backpacked a lot when I was young but I haven't been on a backpacking trip since 1968! Primal eating is my friend in getting ready for this trip. Hiking west coast mountains is totally different than hiking other areas of the country and I'll need every edge I can get.

Time to look at primal fitness.

Page 3 of 100 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast